PDA

View Full Version : [HELP]: gFTP & N900FTP - Not Working

sjunejo
2010-06-26, 16:59
Hi Guys,

I have installed two FTP clients (gFTP and N900FTP.py) to connect to my home PC..but none of them working....at all...N900FTP.py is say connecting to server FOREEVER...and only way to stop is to kill the process using 'End current task' option when I can ping my machine from X-Terminal, while gFTP is looking for for site then says 'Trying on 192.168.1.2' and then nothing...also there is no activity of my FTP server from which we can say that request is reaching to my machine (atleast)...could you please help....or is both of these utilities never worked actually....

FYI: I am using FileZilla as an FTP server. I verified the setup by connecting to my localhost using FileZilla client and its working...

Please help

Thanks

--

SJunejo

debernardis
2010-06-27, 17:18
Tried http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=55336 ?

tirtawn
2010-06-29, 23:34
Hi Guys,

I have installed two FTP clients (gFTP and N900FTP.py) to connect to my home PC..but none of them working....at all...N900FTP.py is say connecting to server FOREEVER...and only way to stop is to kill the process using 'End current task' option when I can ping my machine from X-Terminal, while gFTP is looking for for site then says 'Trying on 192.168.1.2' and then nothing...also there is no activity of my FTP server from which we can say that request is reaching to my machine (atleast)...could you please help....or is both of these utilities never worked actually....

FYI: I am using FileZilla as an FTP server. I verified the setup by connecting to my localhost using FileZilla client and its working...

Please help

Thanks

--

SJunejo

Have you tried from other machine to make sure your machine does not have "firewall".

Also please make sure the N900 is on the same subnet.

If your local machine: 192.168.1.2

I will assume your N900 will have 192.168.1.XX
to confirm:

sudo gainroot
ifconfig

then check your IP address.

I am using filezilla server and n900 gftp so I know it works :).

mase
2010-10-01, 16:36
On my device it says "downloading", but it does not download
anything. The statusbar stays forever. If I cancel, a new statusbar
appears. The only solution is to kill the application. Downloading
with gftp works, but the UI of gftp does not fit the device screen.

biketool
2011-04-04, 16:23
I am having the sqame problem, N900FTP looks great but cant properly connect, GFTP under Debian is just too big to work or adjust settings on the N900.

kayamagan
2011-05-10, 14:29
what about gtfp & n900ftp?

can you hope an next improvement to this 2 ftp client (qml, fit screen, functions)?

thank

biketool
2011-05-10, 15:28
I should update that I am able to use the N900FTP now that I understand that you can't FTP whole directories and other incorrect actions. If I am careful everything works.