PDA

View Full Version : My n900 dont display any available WLAN even though i have them around me

anumose
2010-06-28, 00:12
I cant get my n900 to show and connect to any wifi even though i have some around me so i wrote it here and someone told me he had the same problem but after flashing in roots it worked, so tried flashing but still cant get it to find any available wifi when i search even though i have some around me, someone plz help me:(

There seems to be a bug in the wireless driver on the N900. I later installed Wifi-switcher but when i turn it on it says: CANNOT ENABLE WLAN: IFCONFIG WLANO UP FAILED. Plz can someone help me solve this, plzzzzzzzzz

shadowhood40
2010-06-28, 00:26
someone please help i have the same issue :(

nickelby
2010-06-28, 03:35
There seems to be a bug in the wireless driver on the N900. My workaround although a little irritating is to install Wifi-Switcher to enable/disable the wireless card on the N900. After disabling it, reenable it again using Wifi-Switcher and you will see that you will have wireless working again! :-)

anumose
2010-06-28, 17:11
I did that but when i try re-enabling it then it says. CANNOT ENABLE WLAN: IFCONFIG WLANO UP FAILED. Plz can someone help me solve, plzzzzzzzzz

anumose
2010-06-30, 18:13
Can someone plz help me out?

andyfrommk
2010-06-30, 18:37
Tryapt-get install wireless-tools
as root, (you may need to install the root.sh package if you haven't already) and see if the problem can be solved via the command line.

iwconfig should show if you are connected and
iwlist wlan0 scan should show any AP's in your area

cfh11
2010-06-30, 18:47
Also, did you flash the emmc?

handaxe
2010-06-30, 22:35
I don't think iwconfig will work as the interface seems unable to come up.
At CLI type lsmod | grep wl12xx and view output. It should be as follows:
wl12xx 77696 0
mac80211 153180 1 wl12xx
crc7 1216 1 wl12xx
This is the first step to troubleshoot, viz are the drivers loaded and is the wireless card active.

If you don't see this, try as root, via sudo gainroot
modprobe wl12xx I don't think this will be what's the problem but let's see wots wot.

HA

PS: Also try asroot
modprobe -r wl12xx
modprobe wl12xx
ifconfig wlan0 up

schettj
2010-06-30, 22:49
flash to stock 1.2 including the emmc

test. Note how it works.

Thanks.

handaxe
2010-07-02, 15:41
flash to stock 1.2 including the emmc

test. Note how it works.

Thanks.

Newish to Maemo/n900 but not Gnu/Linux. If you will, help me understand the rationale here - is incl. the emmc simply the quickest way or is there something inextricably borked in the conf?

tnx HA

phuzz
2010-07-07, 15:01
Guys i am very new about maemo and i am facing same problem with my N900. Please help.

Think that i dont know anything about programing....

Please...

handaxe
2010-07-07, 20:41
The best advice appears tobe a reflash of the device - firmware & emmc.
http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware

jcn90084
2010-09-10, 01:16
i have the same problem about 6 months, i try many things but i can fix the connections on my phone, i dont kown what to do, please help meeeee im desperate   

im reflash the emmc and install the firmware an nothing

how can i access througth the xterminal? anybody knowsssss
i need a tutorial on how to do?

helppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp:(:(:(:(:(:( :(

2010-09-10, 02:23
i have the same problem about 6 months, i try many things but i can fix the connections on my phone, i dont kown what to do, please help meeeee im desperate   

im reflash the emmc and install the firmware an nothing

how can i access througth the xterminal? anybody knowsssss
i need a tutorial on how to do?

helppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp:(:(:(:(:(:( :(

The wifiswitcher something cause problem. Therefore, I use the following script (Original script from http://wiki.maemo.org/Desktop_Command_Execution_Widget_scripts
) to enable/disable wifi. You may try:

Prerequisites: installed the following packages
rootsh
wireless-tools

#!/bin/sh
# Description: Turn WiFi on/off
# Original script from http://wiki.maemo.org/Desktop_Command_Execution_Widget_scripts
# Modified by 9000 @ talk.maemo.org on 27/6/2010
#
out=`ifconfig wlan0`
if [ $? -eq "0" ] ; then
if [ `echo "$out" | grep -c RUNNING` -gt "0" ] ; then
run-standalone.sh dbus-send --system --dest=com.nokia.icd /com/nokia/icd_ui com.nokia.icd_ui.disconnect boolean:true
fi
ifconfig wlan0 down
rmmod wl12xx
rmmod mac80211
rmmod crc7
stop wlancond
run-standalone.sh dbus-send --type=method_call --dest=org.freedesktop.Notifications /org/freedesktop/Notifications org.freedesktop.Notifications.SystemNoteInfoprint string:'Wi-Fi Disabled'
exit 2
else
modprobe crc7
modprobe mac80211
modprobe wl12xx
wl1251-cal
stop wlancond
start wlancond
iwconfig wlan0 mode managed
ifconfig wlan0 up
run-standalone.sh dbus-send --system --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.icd_ui /com/nokia/icd_ui com.nokia.icd_ui.show_conn_dlg boolean:false
run-standalone.sh dbus-send --type=method_call --dest=org.freedesktop.Notifications /org/freedesktop/Notifications org.freedesktop.Notifications.SystemNoteInfoprint string:'Wi-Fi Enabled'
exit 0
fi

Save it as wifi.sh

Running method:

echo /PATH_TO_SCRIPT/wifi.sh | sudo gainroot

It'll enable or disable the wifi depends on the present state.

Hope this help.

lopelalo
2010-09-22, 03:51
hi i need your help I do not know how to save the scrip and I dont know how to run it from xterminal Could you explain more detail?