PDA

View Full Version : my nokia n900's battery life

camelactive
2010-06-29, 15:17
greetings,

my device was able only to squeeze out 3 hours of active wifi connection(but it was just left idle) and a few calls and smses in between..(running on stock clock, brightness level 2,WIFI power saving mode off)....im doing this to test out my battery's capacity
Is it normal? or I NEED to change my battery already!

i read in this forum... some users manage to last 24 hours on active wifi connection but passive usage...is this possible?

extent
2010-06-29, 15:37
the n900 definately doesnt have the best battery life. after a full charge, I keep the brightness level of the screen at its very lowest and currently dont seem to get even half a day (6 hrs) out of it. I am sometimes listening to the radio (fm or on the net), as well as mp3s, which is probably the main reason for it not lasting. you might get a day out of it if you do not use it at all, not even for calls, although that sort of misses the point in what the device was made for in the first place-rendering it useless just for better battery life is not an option! :( :) if your phone is being used alot (eg for home and work) you could always consider carrying a spare power supply if possible/absolutely necessary. keeping the screen at a low brightness level may be the way to go

philh
2010-06-29, 15:51
WIFI power saving mode off

There`s your problem.

handaxe
2010-06-29, 16:19
And set the WiFi strength to 10mW rather than 100mW.

One other thing: if you use Catorise or myMenu it may trigger a bug wherein hildon-desktop hogs up to15% of the CPU. You can examine this my installing conky and looking at %CPU utilisation. Search forums for further info - "catorise" and "battery drain" are good key words.

HA

camelactive
2010-06-29, 17:24
with 10mW, i have connection stability issues...i read around it doesnt play a significant role in battery consumption

superkinggt
2010-06-29, 17:35
Hi
For me the twitter and facebook widgets would sometimes freak out and use 100 percent cpu thus killing my battery.
Without them I get a solid 12 hours with regular usage.