PDA

View Full Version : Nokia repair centre not aware of PR1.2

adam123
2010-07-02, 18:04
My phone has been in for "repair" (keep losing signal) and i got it back today. I tried to explain when i dropped the phone off it was not a software issue, i had reflashed and it hadnt worked. I got the phone back with pr1.1 flashed onto it and as we know the sim card wont work either way now. So i rang the repair centre and he asured me they had used the latest firmware, he told me that nokia may not have released pr1.2 in the uk yet, its an absolute joke that the guys repairing are phones have no idea? ive updated via app manager and the problem still persists :mad:

garyc2010
2010-07-02, 18:06
My phone has been in for "repair" (keep losing signal) and i got it back today. I tried to explain when i dropped the phone off it was not a software issue, i had reflashed and it hadnt worked. I got the phone back with pr1.1 flashed onto it and as we know the sim card wont work either way now. So i rang the repair centre and he asured me they had used the latest firmware, he told me that nokia may not have released pr1.2 in the uk yet, its an absolute joke that the guys repairing are phones have no idea? ive updated via app manager and the problem still persists :mad:

ahhh nokia, make an old saying from the following words

chickens headless

acvetkov
2010-07-02, 18:16
So why do you complain for some Nokia poor educated and completly inadequate employer in a Maemo Community Forum?
Go complain to the supervoisor of the same employer. We really can`t do much to help you.

crail
2010-07-02, 18:32
have you tried putting it on 3g instead of duel in settings? duel doesnt work for me, loses signal all the time.

Turkishflavor
2010-07-02, 18:37
just update yourself :)

JonWW
2010-07-02, 18:38
So i rang the repair centre and he asured me they had used the latest firmware, he told me that nokia may not have released pr1.2 in the uk yet, its an absolute joke that the guys repairing are phones have no idea?ive updated via app manager and the problem still persists

Update your firmware here http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_firmware with the flasher, use the Vanilla and the EMMC (Backup every thing first), this will completly reset your phone. If the problem still persists then take it back to the repair centre.

stickymick
2010-07-02, 18:39
Was that a "Nokia Service Centre" or was it a "Nokia Appointed Service Centre"?

Two big differences. "Nokia Service Centres" are Nokia owned, and "Nokia Appointed Service Centres" are third party retailers, i.e Carphone Warehouse, Vodafone, Orange and O2 outlets that have permission to carry out repairs to Nokia phones.
If you took it to one of those, then it's been nowhere near a Nokia engineer. It's just been slapped in front of someone with the least amount of diagnostic info supplied and just reflashed with what they believe to be the latest firmware.

adam123
2010-07-02, 19:28
im not sure flashing the emmc will do much good? it does seem to be a physical issue, anyone had a similar issue?

and i can only assume that they arent genuine nokia and an appointed service centre

JonWW
2010-07-02, 19:33
im not sure flashing the emmc will do much good?
Probably not, but if you don't try you wont know, and you'll will still be guessing.