PDA

View Full Version : uTorrent Web access

lordfury007
2010-07-03, 03:18
I was looking at setting up web access to utorrent from my mobile. I looked at uRemote, however as i have a dynamic IP address, i cannot use it whilst i am away from home for any period extending past a few days (as my leased ip address expires)

I am therefore looking at using the uTorrent Falcon service, however that requires you to "move the mouse" to encrypt the session, something i am unable to do with the phone.

Is there a way around these problems or is there a better way to do what i want?

lordfury007
2010-07-03, 04:13
Never mind, I found a method to "enable mouse cursor mode" on the n900 that allows me to use the uTorrent Falcon service.

Theres a good video of how to do it here: (start at the 2:30 mark)

http://nokiaexperts.com/n900-tips-tricks-enable-mouse-mode-browser-play-flash-games/

EDIT: just in case you don't want to watch the video, all you have to do is place your finger just to the left of your screen, just above the "back" button, then swipe your finger to the right. A little mouse cursor will appear with a red line through it indicating you are not in touchscreen mode. Press this icon when you want to go back into touchscreen mode

lordfury007
2010-07-03, 07:17
Ok New Problem,

I have remote access to start, stop and delete torrents, however i can't add torrents because the "add torrent" button is greyed out. The "add torrent from URL" button works, but as i use private trackers, I can't do that.

Tried installing firefox, but that doesn't have a "cursor mode" as described above, so i can't even login with that.

Only option i can think of at the moment, is re-uploading my torrent files to another site, and remotely getting my home client to download it. This does introduce a small security risk though (passkeys), so i'm not really enthusiastic about doing it that way

The other option i'm looking at is using a service like dropbox, and setting my home computer to automatically load .torrent files from there.

Edit: Noting i can't find a dropbox-like service that is currently available and works on maemo, I'm back to the first option...

dhanurdhar
2010-07-14, 13:34
hi
dont know if my post can be classified under the same post as your..
just downloaded u torrent application.. having some problems with the right port( not computer savy ) any thoughts as to how i can configure settings to enable downloading of torrents

thanks in advance
cheers