PDA

View Full Version : My n900 web browser doesn't link phone# anymore.

gonediscin
2010-07-03, 15:14
My n900 doesn't link the phone numbers anymore within the default browser on both mobile google and standard google. It used to do this, but a couple of weeks ago I noticed it wasn't doing it anymore. Nothing I can recall installing or doing at that time either that might stop it from linking.

They do show up as links, but it doesn't direct me to the phone app as before. Now it just highlights them and goes no further. I appreciate if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix.

I have searched elsewhere on this forum for 2 days, so I apologize if this problem is posted elsewhere.

KYLe

antezz
2010-07-03, 15:18
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=34628&page=3

I have the answer here.

gonediscin
2010-07-04, 18:21
Thank you,

I somehow didn't see that thread. That thread will help out a lot of people facing the same problem.

However it didn't help me as I am just an enduser and would rather throw money at the problem vs testing my patience with terminal X. I think my fix will be to wait for a solid working Iphone4, eventhough I have never liked apple products.

Should I delete this thread as the fix is on the link above?

Long time Nokia fan-boi wanting easier solutions,

KYLe

MiK546
2010-07-04, 18:32
You don't even have to mess around with X Terminal, when you type about:config to your browser it opens a fully graphical site to edit the two values.

gonediscin
2010-07-04, 19:25
You don't even have to mess around with X Terminal, when you type about:config to your browser it opens a fully graphical site to edit the two values.

i tried that. Do not know how to do the boolean thing. In the thread that was mentioned above did suggest that. However the guy who suggested it later said that doing it in microb doesn't work.

Can you give me a step by step instructions on how to do it.

This is how I tried it doing it via microb (default nokia/maemo browser).

1.) open a microb browser window
2.) in address bar I typed
about:config
3.) clicked ok I won't mess things up
4.) stuck did not figure out how to make the 2 booleans that was suggested in the other thread.

Thanks for any help!

KYLe

MiK546
2010-07-04, 20:07
Ok, sorry, I was wrong (should have read the thread properly...), you HAVE to use X Terminal, but its pretty easy:

1. Install leafpad (if you haven't already) (sorry, you have to install it, but it isn't big and can be found from Extras trough application manager)
2.Close all your browser windows
3.Open X Terminal and write
killall browser (enter)
cd .mozilla/microb (enter)
leafpad prefs.js (enter)
4. Now you should be in a texteditor-window. Scroll to the bottom of the file and then paste the following there:
user_pref("network.protocol-handler.warn-external.sip", false);
user_pref("network.protocol-handler.warn-external.tel", false);
5. Save your changes and close the leafpad and Terminal -windows
6.Enjoy!

gonediscin
2010-07-04, 22:59
Ok, sorry, I was wrong (should have read the thread properly...), you HAVE to use X Terminal, but its pretty easy:

1. Install leafpad (if you haven't already) (sorry, you have to install it, but it isn't big and can be found from Extras trough application manager)
2.Close all your browser windows
3.Open X Terminal and write
killall browser (enter)
cd .mozilla/microb (enter)
leafpad prefs.js (enter)
4. Now you should be in a texteditor-window. Scroll to the bottom of the file and then paste the following there:
user_pref("network.protocol-handler.warn-external.sip", false);
user_pref("network.protocol-handler.warn-external.tel", false);
5. Save your changes and close the leafpad and Terminal -windows
6.Enjoy!

THANK YOU!!!!

It worked perfect. I actually had leafpad installed from another suggestion i was given, but thier instructions were not as precise as yours. You broke it down perfect!!!

Thank you!