PDA

View Full Version : Lagging phone when somebody is calling.

n00bf0rc3
2010-07-04, 05:38
I find it very frustrating when I have my phone in my pocket. But by the time I take it out and attempt to press answer the phone just lags out and changes the screen direction to a point which it can take up to 5 seconds to recover and that when i can press the answer button, time which is vitual.

This is really annoying. It doesnt only happen when its in my pocket. When I turn the phone to pick it up I automatically get a feeling I'm going to miss the phone call. This has been happening for quite some time. Does anybody have a solution?

The n900 should be a little more reliable with epically the more important things like this.

bandofbrothers
2010-07-04, 06:47
Not had this issue !

Mine is set to portrait mode and have no problems answering calls.

D@nny
2010-07-04, 07:07
Change 'Display orientation' at the 'Turning control' menu into 'Portrait' (instead of 'Automatic'?).

JorgeFX
2010-07-04, 07:08
Maybe using the phone in portrait by default is the answer for some people. But that isn't the final solution to the problem. For example, that do not haven to the browser. A mean, you don't see the browser going to landscape to portrait back and foward 80 times before you can view some web pages. So, the question remains, why the phone app is so crazy with the orientation?

And other thing, if the accelerometer is enabled to lauch the phone app, why is so slow at lauching it when we rotate the phone? Because that is contrary to the other problem where the accelerometer seems to be very sensible to the user's movements...

Opa
2010-07-04, 07:26
I have the same problem and my turnin orietation is 'portrait' already. When some one is calling usually I have to wait same 5 seconds before it registers my answer touch. That is very annoying because too many times I have missed my calls because of that 'little' feature. Is there a bug report already on this one?

2010-07-04, 08:16
Are you sure you aren't having other program running in the background that will make use of the accelerometer?

zlatko
2010-07-04, 08:22
There is already bug filed in bugzilla: https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=10613
And also a topic on the issue: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=54556&page=1
Bug is already resolved and the fix will be included in next public release.

JorgeFX
2010-07-06, 07:58
Are you sure you aren't having other program running in the background that will make use of the accelerometer?

In my case, no, there are no others apps using the accelerometer in the background. I think we have to edit the accelerometer's response time, if that exist... By doing that, maybe the phone app will launch exactly when the accelerometer register the portrait movement without delay :)