PDA

View Full Version : channel 4 4od, bbc iplayer, game trailers, itv, channel 5 player

badboyuk
2010-07-04, 14:40
Hi,

I tried to browse channel 4 shows/clips via youtube which then seemed to stream the video from channel 4's webpage as it had all the fancy logos and everything but was still within youtube's page but then brought up adobe message saying I need to update the flash player. Which I tried to do but couldn't so I had to leave it and find something else. BBC iplayer works ok, gametrailers doesnt work, when you open the links for the video it just takes forever and doesn't load anything.

I am really baffled by this as the n900 should be able to handle all these websites, of course it wasnt just created to handle just youtube! It really does let it down especially when other folk also assume that the n900 could handle it all as well. I think the reviews and hype has all been very misleading for this handset/device.

However I still like it but just feel ashamed when things like this happen and can't think of anything to explain it other than its an incomplete product as most folk have been stating variously around here an other places.

Is there anyway we can go to all of these sites and more without hassle? Any future media players/plugins to help support this?

Not found any answers on the other threads, hence why I decided to open this lil discussion up to see why such an issue exists.

shaf
2010-07-04, 16:36
I found out after getting my n900 back from repair that channel4 videos wont work anymore, this being because of the update to flash 10. used to work fine before, darn flash