PDA

View Full Version : Cut and paste?

Joyrider
2007-04-14, 19:12
Is there a way to "cut and paste" text on the N800 ?

brendan
2007-04-14, 19:30
press and hold the highlighted text with the stylus for the context menu, and your options should appear.

Joyrider
2007-04-15, 14:55
press and hold the highlighted text with the stylus for the context menu, and your options should appear.

Yes but how can you highlight text in the first place ? :confused:
The minute I drag my stylus on the screen, the screen moves.

Tabster
2007-04-15, 17:19
Yes but how can you highlight text in the first place ? :confused:
The minute I drag my stylus on the screen, the screen moves.

tap - tap and drag

its pretty tricky, but it seems easier with the new OS on the N800. Its kind of like a double tap, but you keep the stylus on the screen on the second tap and drag over the text. yup, sometimes it just scrolls the window.

Joyrider
2007-04-16, 04:55
Thanks Tabster. I'd give your "tap tap and drag" a try.

Joyrider
2007-04-16, 06:32
Ok, I can now highlight a section text. But.... Having done that I can no longer hold my stylus down to get the "copy" function. I am back to square one: unable to cut and paste.

Texrat
2007-04-16, 06:38
There's a document icon in the virtual keyboard (lower left)-- that gives you "right click" options such as cut and paste. The other method described works but it can be tricky. Note that in some websites I have been unable to copy text at all.

fanoush
2007-04-16, 08:20
Ok, I can now highlight a section text. But.... Having done that I can no longer hold my stylus down to get the "copy" function. I am back to square one: unable to cut and paste.
In Opera there is 'Edit' menu with copy/paste items, just press the menu button.