PDA

View Full Version : flash sites?

happymeal20
2005-12-05, 21:09
writing from the 770 now and it is awesome. i may be the only one interested, but whenever i go to espn.com the browser closes. anyone have any ideas... thanks

gultig
2005-12-05, 21:10
The 770 has only flash 6 support I believe.

phatman81
2005-12-05, 22:16
i have also had a similar problem where the device reboots after accessing certain web pages. I just tried to reach aol.com, and the device reset. not everytime i access the site, but the device reset on me 3-4 times last night. anyone else have this issue?

karlcarla
2005-12-17, 05:22
The reason some sites crash every time is because they have some Flash code that the 770 can't handle. The reason some sites crash occasionally is that they have flash ads from random advertisers; some of them the 770 can handle, and some it cannot.

It desperately needs a flash blocker option, since it doesn't have the horsepower to handle sloppy flash that has only been tested on PCs. Same for popups/popunders. If there was every any doubt that flash and popups are evil and unethical, mobile browsers drive the point home. I know these sites need to generate revenue, but do they really think yelling at me is the way to make me like them? (I know . . . yes)

Right now, browsing with the 770 is like playing Russian Roullette . . . you never know when the next click will be your last.

putkowski
2005-12-17, 21:04
Turn flash off? I know I saw that somewhere...

fredly
2005-12-18, 01:19
There is a way of turning Flash off. When you are in the browser, push the "menu" hardware button. This is the middle button on the left side. This will bring up a memory box. Click the "settings ..." item (IIRC). This brings up a box with a box of tabs. One of the tabs has an option to turn off plugins.

rizzy
2005-12-22, 00:10
i did what you told us, it seems to work now..no restarts