PDA

View Full Version : Problem in Changing themes--please help..:) :(

!!Nokia N900!!
2010-07-20, 19:59
I have a Q. when changing the theme to new theme, i get the wallpaper from old theme to the new assigned one!!!!.

every time when change to new theme, i have to go to change back ground>then choose the back-ground for my theme. then reboot

How to change themes normally without changing it twice? ( theme+back-ground) or it should be done in 2 steps: changing the back ground then changing the theme then reboot????!!!

Please help,,,,:(:(

Tnx

nidO
2010-07-20, 20:00
install theme > reboot > switch to theme.
Missing that reboot will cause various wierd problems unless you reset the theme, reboot, then switch back to it again.

!!Nokia N900!!
2010-07-20, 20:08
i know, but i mean e.g. now i am using worldcity theme from ovi. Now when i change this theme to black plastic theme and then reboot, i get the back ground of the worldcity theme instead of black plastic back ground theme.

It is happening every time to me when changing themes...
Hopw u understood me...:(

Regards

!!Nokia N900!!
2010-07-21, 14:01
please advise

!!Nokia N900!!
2010-07-23, 09:08
Noooooooooooooo one!!!!!!

Switch_
2010-07-23, 09:23
Install theme. Reboot. Choose theme. Wait.

On my phone it takes some time for all theme features to update - earlier this morning I waited for 40 minutes before it redirected the battery icon for Black Plastic to the correct ones for the theme. And the background image took a good minute or two.

d-iivil
2010-07-23, 09:26
Install theme. Reboot. Choose theme. Wait.

On my phone it takes some time for all theme features to update - earlier this morning I waited for 40 minutes before it redirected the battery icon for Black Plastic to the correct ones for the theme. And the background image took a good minute or two.

No no no. Right way to do it is:
- install theme
- choose theme
- reboot

During boot the Maemo OS refreshes all theme elements, so that's why it's required / recommended.

But the opening poster seems to have some other issue if his backgrounds aren't changing.

!!Nokia N900!!
2010-07-23, 11:05
yea, i am really having this issue every time changing the themes and really getting annoyed,, :(

d-iivil
2010-07-23, 11:10
yea, i am really having this issue every time changing the themes and really getting annoyed,, :(

Make a backup using the built-in backup program and then reflash the device and restore backup. That's what I would do :)

!!Nokia N900!!
2010-07-23, 11:23
will try then..:)
Thnx

Switch_
2010-07-23, 11:29
No no no. Right way to do it is:
- install theme
- choose theme
- reboot

My bad - thanks for clarifying mate :D

!!Nokia N900!!
2010-07-23, 11:34
any quick step to re-flash the N900?

d-iivil
2010-07-23, 12:05
any quick step to re-flash the N900?

If you're running on Windows-machine, then read this:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware#Windows

!!Nokia N900!!
2010-07-23, 14:26
Dear D-livil,

I want to thank you so much for the support you provided.
U r the only one besides some how gave me & helped in seeking my Q.

Best Regards

!!Nokia N900!!
2010-07-24, 07:10
Well, Well, Well. I think i knew the problem.
when i change the theme to defult theme ( original came in N900 ), everything becomes normal. It seems some themes which are in the Extras have problems & need up-dates.

Themes i am having probles with:
1)- Underconstruction.
2)- Bright Blue.

Cos when i change to 1 of the above themes, and when trying to change another one, everything goes under mess.

regards

d-iivil
2010-07-24, 08:35
Well, Well, Well. I think i knew the problem.
when i change the theme to defult theme ( original came in N900 ), everything becomes normal. It seems some themes which are in the Extras have problems & need up-dates.

Themes i am having probles with:
1)- Underconstruction.
2)- Bright Blue.

Cos when i change to 1 of the above themes, and when trying to change another one, everything goes under mess.

regards

I still think there's something messed up with your device. Those themes does not have a common issue with backgrounds (ie. no one else has reported problems) and also both of those are working fine on my device. Reflashing would set your filesystem back to defaults and I'm pretty sure everything would work after the flash.

!!Nokia N900!!
2010-07-24, 09:32
I still think there's something messed up with your device. Those themes does not have a common issue with backgrounds (ie. no one else has reported problems) and also both of those are working fine on my device. Reflashing would set your filesystem back to defaults and I'm pretty sure everything would work after the flash.

but, i went through the flashing thread you provided, it has issues with windows 7-64bit.

my laptop is OS windows 7-64bit??!! :(:(
i read the options there, but found it complicated to absorb!!!
well, can u help me please??? i would be more grateful.
BTW, is this the right flasher to install?:
Maemo Flasher-3.5 Tool for Fremantle and Diablo, installation package for Windows 7, XP and Vista (x86, 32-bit)

Regards

d-iivil
2010-07-24, 09:48
but, i went through the flashing thread you provided, it has issues with windows 7-64bit.

my laptop is OS windows 7-64bit??!! :(:(
i read the options there, but found it complicated to absorb!!!
well, can u help me please??? i would be more grateful.
BTW, is this the right flasher to install?:
Maemo Flasher-3.5 Tool for Fremantle and Diablo, installation package for Windows 7, XP and Vista (x86, 32-bit)

Regards

With x64 the easiest way is to disable driver signature check temporaly while flashing. Google for it :)
I have always flashed mine with x86 Win 7 so I can't give any specific instructions :/

!!Nokia N900!!
2010-07-24, 10:19
i will do it in my old laptop (32-bit) then, :)
it is better

!!Nokia N900!!
2010-07-24, 10:22
i will do it in my old laptop (32-bit) then, :)
it is better

kinggo
2010-07-24, 10:25
I have the same problem, but I'm using the same wallpaper on all themes so it's actually a good thing :)

!!Nokia N900!!
2010-07-24, 10:57
I have the same problem, but I'm using the same wallpaper on all themes so it's actually a good thing :)

Coool, at last gotsomeone with same issue ( Thank God ) hehehe.
So, in ur case, u dont have any problems since no need to change the wallpaper...,
i will re-flash thre N900 & see.

!!Nokia N900!!
2010-07-24, 11:32
When doing the re-flashing, will i loose my applications which been installed?

d-iivil
2010-07-24, 12:15
When doing the re-flashing, will i loose my applications which been installed?

Yep, and that's why I told you to first make backup using the in-built program. It will backup list of programs you have installed (among other things like settings etc) and allows you to restore all apps with single click (after resoring backup it will ask if you want to launch appmanager for restoring applications also).

!!Nokia N900!!
2010-07-24, 13:53
thanx,
will flash the N900 next week...:)
Thanks my friend D-Iivil for ur great support..
U deserve: +1000 Karama :).

!!Nokia N900!!
2010-07-25, 09:34
My friend, i was trying to flash the N900, but i got this message in flashing windows:
USB not suitable, waiting????
wat to do

d-iivil
2010-07-25, 09:53
My friend, i was trying to flash the N900, but i got this message in flashing windows:
USB not suitable, waiting????
wat to do

Did you put your device in flashing mode?

When you get the flasher to the stage where it says the "waiting..." -message do the following:
- disconnect usb-cable if it's connected
- shutdown the N900
- open keyboard of N900
- press down "u" key and hold it pressed
- connect usb cable and wait until you see Nokia logo + usb logo on top right corner
- release u-key
- wait while windows installes drivers, after that flasher starts to flash the device

!!Nokia N900!!
2010-07-25, 10:03
Did you put your device in flashing mode?

When you get the flasher to the stage where it says the "waiting..." -message do the following:
- disconnect usb-cable if it's connected
- shutdown the N900
- open keyboard of N900
- press down "u" key and hold it pressed
- connect usb cable and wait until you see Nokia logo + usb logo on top right corner
- release u-key
- wait while windows installes drivers, after that flasher starts to flash the device

i did & this messege i get is after i enter the flasher command

!!Nokia N900!!
2010-07-25, 10:08
I followed step by step from the thread, but seems windows 7 (64-bit) has issues besides i tried to disable the signing & still got same problem,

anyway,
it worked with my desktop...:)
just took 2 min.. cooool
will check & give the feed back
tnx

!!Nokia N900!!
2010-07-26, 06:53
Dear, i restored my thing to N900 every thing is perfect expect for the Angery level packs ( 1,2 & 3) they are not restored & when clicking on restore applications, i cant choose them??!!

Any help

Regards

HellFlyer
2010-07-26, 06:57
You need to download them again , they are payed apps and afaik installation path is different

d-iivil
2010-07-26, 06:58
Dear, i restored my thing to N900 every thing is perfect expect for the Angery level packs ( 1,2 & 3) they are not restored & when clicking on restore applications, i cant choose them??!!

Any help

Regards

I suppose you need to re-download them from OVI (paid OVI apps cannot be restored). If you login to OVI with your account you should be alble to download them without paying them again. If not, then contact to OVI and tell them you needed to reflash your device and you need those apps again.

!!Nokia N900!!
2010-07-26, 07:39
I suppose you need to re-download them from OVI (paid OVI apps cannot be restored). If you login to OVI with your account you should be alble to download them without paying them again. If not, then contact to OVI and tell them you needed to reflash your device and you need those apps again.

Thanks,
OH MY GOD, so am i going to loose my achievement in the game???
am i going to start from beginning?

!!Nokia N900!!
2010-07-26, 07:42
Dear D-livil,
can u please help me in the below link?
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=58971&highlight=queen

d-iivil
2010-07-26, 09:55
Dear D-livil,
can u please help me in the below link?
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=58971&highlight=queen

Never used QBW so sorry, no help :) Ask from the thread where that program is discussed.

!!Nokia N900!!
2010-07-26, 14:21
Thanks Anyway..:)

kinggo
2010-08-07, 08:36
OK, so after complete flash of my device the issue is here again.
I removed all the apps that I wasn't actually using and than created backup.
After flashing rootfs and eMMC I restored contacts, setting and bookmarks. Then I removed those defaults installers and restored applications. And with that I installed plastick pack. Changing from default to plastic went fine, but from plastic to default everything was OK except wallpaper. And every change after that with the same result. Wallpaper stays. :confused: It's not something that bothers me much. I'm not changing themes or wallpapers much but still, I expected this to be solved after flashing.
I could install apps manualy after flashing, but I have to restore settings. I have to many configured networks that I need. And I believe that contacts and bookmarks has nothing to do with that.

d-iivil
2010-08-07, 09:02
OK, so after complete flash of my device the issue is here again.
I removed all the apps that I wasn't actually using and than created backup.
After flashing rootfs and eMMC I restored contacts, setting and bookmarks. Then I removed those defaults installers and restored applications. And with that I installed plastick pack. Changing from default to plastic went fine, but from plastic to default everything was OK except wallpaper. And every change after that with the same result. Wallpaper stays. :confused: It's not something that bothers me much. I'm not changing themes or wallpapers much but still, I expected this to be solved after flashing.
I could install apps manualy after flashing, but I have to restore settings. I have to many configured networks that I need. And I believe that contacts and bookmarks has nothing to do with that.

Hi there! Can you test if your wallpaper changes if you try to set it like this:
- go into desktop editing mode
- tap the gear icon
- tap top bar
- change background
- select the nseries theme as wallpaper

And also, what version of black plastic you're using? I changed the wallpaper changing behaviour to be same what built in changer does with the latest extras-testing and devel-version.

gabby131
2010-08-07, 09:41
when i change themes, i wait for the new theme to load fully, (only the battery and icons shortcuts will not change) it takes about 3 mins on mine, i will reboot when i see the wallpaper changed.

so your saying yours dont change wallpapers even how long you wait?

d-iivil
2010-08-07, 09:47
Yeah, it's true that wallpapers won't change immediately when applying new theme. It varies from 30sec to few minutes before it changes, reboot will make the new walls shown right away.

kinggo
2010-08-07, 15:01
Hi there! Can you test if your wallpaper changes if you try to set it like this:
- go into desktop editing mode
- tap the gear icon
- tap top bar
- change background
- select the nseries theme as wallpaper

And also, what version of black plastic you're using? I changed the wallpaper changing behaviour to be same what built in changer does with the latest extras-testing and devel-version.
Changing wallpaper manually always works. And it seems that is the problem actually. If default doesn't load, which happens in 99% of time, I'm stuck with previous one or I can manually select some of those in .images. And it seems that this is the problem, changing theme that has wallpaper other then default makes another theme use that same wallpaper. And only way to fix it is to choose default theme and then manually set default wallpaper. After that I can change theme to any other and the wallpaper will be changed according to the theme. Changing theme again and everything works. But if I change default theme wallpaper with one of my own, it will stay after changing theme.
For now, I have only 4 themes installed (2 defaults, iStyle light and an-Droid) but I'm gonna install some more to do some further rebooting. :D
Maybe the problem is that my loopable wallpapers are all prior PR 1.2 (4 images and configuration file) and now it's not needed anymore. Only 3200 width image is enough.

edit #1
OK, I added Blue Sky, Okuda and Marina. Now I have 7 of them and switching between them without changing default wallpaper works fine. Switching with changed wallpaper not so fine. But I don't see any pattern yet. But it seems it's more likely that wallpaper will be changed if I wait for some time before reboot. If it doesn't, rebooting doesn't help either. Power button menu and icons get changed but WP doesn't.

edit #2
OK, now I added black plastic and pack 1 and 2. Switching from blue sky to black plastic, no WP change. I changed it manually. Then I selected pleego scheme and reboot. Works OK. And now something strange, didn't happen before. After booting to pleego scheme I selected liquidcarbon scheme and reboot. And after booting I still have pleego WP. But after about a minute it changed to default carbon one.