PDA

View Full Version : Help: audio recording and editing?

uspino
2007-04-21, 15:24
Before buying, can anybody tell me if there is such a thing as an audio editor (MP3 or WAV) for the N800? I'm a journalist and that would be a great app to extract sound bites on the field from SD recordings.

Also, what are the recording capabilities of this device? I'm guessing mono input from the headset jack...

Thanks!

realcomix
2007-04-21, 20:47
There is a program called maemo recorder that when set up properly gives you allright recordings .... i think its 16bit or 8 .... as far as editing sound i have found nothing so far

sungrove
2007-04-21, 21:32
I successfully installed the maemo recording software and found that voice recording works quite well. One nice thing about it is that once a recording is made it can then be easily emailed using the email client in the n800. For a journalist, I would think this would be a really handy tool.

Neil
Seattle

geneven
2007-04-21, 21:34
Yes, the need to make and edit sound recordings is one thing that would force me to bring a laptop with me on a trip. You can't do that in an Internet cafe, it's too noisy. I think the N800 is very close to being a laptop substitute except for obsticles like this.

TA-t3
2007-04-24, 07:41
maemo recorder is nice, but it records in 8kHz/8 bits (or 8kHz/16 bits in waw mode), which sounds almost as terrible as the recordings done with my cheap mobile phone. I wish there was a mode to record with somewhat better quality.

Rider
2007-06-29, 14:51
I noticed that Maemo Recorder makes lots of ugly clicking sounds when recording music to WAV files. Almost unusable then, while the built in microphone is not bad.

I tried to switch off the WiFi, but same result. The recorded file also clicks when played on another computer.

Any hints?