PDA

View Full Version : Make Bluetooth Happen

teflongurilla
2010-08-11, 03:34
Ok, so my last question with the 360 controller didn’t work. So now I have this to ask, can I connect a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse to my n900? Yes let’s say you walk in your room set your n900 on your desk, plug it into your 42in LCD supper awesome cool TV (and a power source cause this is going to be sweat) you walk over and sit on your couch. Now you turn on the TV, push the power button on the keyboard and it links to your n900. Now you have control of your n900 there in your lap displayed on that lovely TV. You open one of your emulators and start diving into a game but you remember that you needed to send an e mail so you minimize your game a pull up the internet that works so smooth. Sign onto your e mail and send, but you don’t stop there you search on some YouTube for some funny stuff because you need a laugh. Then the phone rings and you’re so smart you set up the phone to look at your for incoming Skype calls and you answer it. You beautiful chick is in a towel and just wanted to say hi cause she was thinking of you and so you talk for 5 min cause you can’t last that long, lol. You hang up the phone and close out your e mail, pull up some music and get back to doing what matters the most, killing things in 1D, 2D or 3D you choose. Can that be possible, can someone do that cool stuff?

TEFLON GURILLA on XBOX LIVE
"Don’t Bother Lookin I’ll Find You"

teflongurilla
2010-08-11, 03:36
Also is there a way to connect through my usb to computer to get online. I am in Afghanistan and there is not wireless but I do have a work connection, lol. I need to know how to make the connection. Anyone have suggestions?

mmurfin87
2010-08-11, 03:39
I believe that you can do both of those things. I know I've seen threads around here that deal with bluetooth keyboards. If i recall correctly it works but its a bit of a hack. As far as USB networking I know it works in some contexts (MADDE) but I don't know if it will work to browse the internet.

In the top right corner there is a link to "Power Search". Do a search for each of those topics and I know you'll find something. Sorry I can't be of more help.

too
2010-08-11, 07:29
With mad-developer you should be able to make connection to internet
via host computer. Just configure usb using static ip address and
set default route to the host ip.

You also need to configure host computer to work as a gateway
to the traffic coming from usb.

smoku
2010-08-11, 12:27
So now I have this to ask, can I connect a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse to my n900?

Connect - yes. Use - not really.

- you can connect the keyboard, but you will lack proper xkb mapping, so most of your keys will not work as expected
- you can connect the mouse and you will be able to move the mouse pointer position, but you will not see the actual pointer, so clicking anything will be challenging

TV? Good luck reading these email with PAL/NTSC flickering and blurry picture.

Oh. By the time you receive that email you will be out of power, because N900 on full throttle (emulation gaming) is eating power faster than the charger can supply.

Nice dream though. I once had the same.

kureyon
2010-08-11, 17:31
- you can connect the keyboard, but you will lack proper xkb mapping, so most of your keys will not work as expectedProbably depends on your keyboard. I have Neos Blusim and initially couldn't get non-alpha keys to work because I used the pc105 layout (that was used in all the examples), after I changed it to pc101 all the keys work correctly AFAICT.

you can connect the mouse and you will be able to move the mouse pointer position, but you will not see the actual pointer, so clicking anything will be challengingInstall qole's bt-hid package, it comes with commands to show pointer and hide pointer.

TV? Good luck reading these email with PAL/NTSC flickering and blurry picture.I initially had the same reservation, but connecting it to a semi-decent lcd monitor it's actually pretty readable.