PDA

View Full Version : Enlightenment Libraries for N800

jnack95
2007-04-26, 15:39
from Rasterman.com:

"So now I'm back in the land of the living. Brazil was great. The Bossa Conference was probably the best conference I have ben to, and the people were all friendly and laid back. The surroundings were great. Other than the 40+ hours of travel it took to get there, I don't think I could complain at all.

I now have myself a shiny N800 - this thing is cool. The screen is amazing. I have built EFL for it already. Evas, Eet, Edje Ecore, Embryo etc. are running on it without problems. Gustavo from INDT is using EFL already for some experimental work in replacing SDL. We have discussed some ideas on improvements. He has provided a patch to disable dithering for a small speedup - I need to put this in CVS, but more importantly we have discussed the idea of a 16bit rendering engine for Evas. This should get some significant speedups (something around double the speed) but with a drop in quality. I have been mulling over how to put this into the Evas tree, and for now have decided I will create a "software16" engine that I can make the software16_x11 inherit from instead of "software". This will be a specialized engine for 16bit rgb565 displays (currently common in embedded devices). For everything else I still recommend the normal 32bit software engine, or looking at accelerated engines (xrender, opengl, etc.)

Anyway - this basically means EFL runs on the N800. Writing apps is incredibly easy. You EFL app on your desktop will "just work" on the N800 - and look identical. Just cross-compile it. The Hildon UI is a bit strange though, in the way it has apportioned who does what (the WM doesnt handle fullscreening for example - apps need to themselves as opposed to the WM handling the keybinding)."