PDA

View Full Version : My n800 needs a Calendar

Sadavyk
2007-05-01, 02:40
Come on you app writers ,I can't be the only one out here who thinks that will me a helpful program.Wasn't the n800 suppose to be a all in one devise e-mails photo music etc.. Let me know what you guys think one more thing, Any of you guys are thinking about getting the Nokia n99 Google it this looks like a monster...

SeRi@lDiE
2007-05-01, 03:03
Come on you app writers ,I can't be the only one out here who thinks that will me a helpful program.Wasn't the n800 suppose to be a all in one devise e-mails photo music etc.. Let me know what you guys think one more thing, Any of you guys are thinking about getting the Nokia n99 Google it this looks like a monster...

????????????????

What you havent heard of DATES?

=DC=
2007-05-01, 03:12
Dates is a pretty cool calendar app, but anyone who knows how open source works knows there's always room for more solutions to the same problem. :) I might try my hand at a Flash based calendar in the near future. Nothing fancy mind you, but it might be good to have something that gives people another option in this area.

SeRi@lDiE
2007-05-01, 03:19
Dont get me wrong I know how opensource works but if there is one application that does the same purpose as others why bother...

And by the way I said it that way because hes statements sound it like there was no calendar application... ;)

Sadavyk
2007-05-01, 04:04
Dates okay where can i fine it? I hope its easy to install my old n800 got fried where I tried to load Omweather, All I did was download it and open it my n800 turn't off and that was it, Nokia sent me a new one after like a month so my device is pretty simple, I have gaim and man I'm happy my old n800 wasn't letting load it, I kept getting a message file corrupted it almost drove me crazy. I guest that comes with being a newbie..

mobiledivide
2007-05-01, 04:55
I use gpe-calendar here is where you can find the .install file for gpe calendar, to-do and contacts.

http://ossostage.cidercone.com/~ferenc/

All the stories of fried n800's boggle my mind, I have installed all manner of stuff, red
pill, term, everything. In two months I have had 3 or 4 reboots. I have never had to
reflash apart from the software update.

SeRi@lDiE
2007-05-01, 05:15
Here is the OS2007 Version :) it works very well for me even using the sync option :D

http://downloads.maemo.org/search/application.html?org_openpsa_products_search%5B1%5 D%5Bproperty%5D=description&org_openpsa_products_search%5B1%5D%5Bconstraint%5D =LIKE&org_openpsa_products_search%5B1%5D%5Bvalue%5D=date s&org_openpsa_products_search%5B2%5D%5Bproperty%5D=o s&org_openpsa_products_search%5B2%5D%5Bconstraint%5D =LIKE&org_openpsa_products_search%5B2%5D%5Bvalue%5D=&org_openpsa_products_search%5B3%5D%5Bproperty%5D=l icense&org_openpsa_products_search%5B3%5D%5Bconstraint%5D =LIKE&org_openpsa_products_search%5B3%5D%5Bvalue%5D=&org_openpsa_products_search%5B4%5D%5Bproperty%5D=s tatus&org_openpsa_products_search%5B4%5D%5Bconstraint%5D =LIKE&org_openpsa_products_search%5B4%5D%5Bvalue%5D=

By the way is Dates Electronic Calendar

Sadavyk
2007-05-02, 02:13
SeRi@lDiE thanks for the app wake up call, Just download it and it's just what I needed cheers, Let me know what you thing about my video post I think this will be a long journey for me, I feel so lost for one none of my friends are into the tech thing but thanks to you guys I think I'll be all right ..

SeRi@lDiE
2007-05-02, 05:36
No problem... Welcome aboard the techy world :P

Ill check the post once I am off work :D

lil_killer129
2007-05-05, 17:37
Can I put the time and date on the front page of my n800? There's not really much of a point to set up the time and date if I can't see it.

bakerbaker
2007-05-05, 23:53
is there an alarm function in dates? i dont see one.

SeRi@lDiE
2007-05-06, 05:37
Can I put the time and date on the front page of my n800? There's not really much of a point to set up the time and date if I can't see it.

You can use the default home plugins for that... You dont need dates.