PDA

View Full Version : A2DP support, a firmware upgrade?

drdoom16
2007-05-02, 17:52
The glaring ommision of A2DP support is a real problem, I was hoping to stream audio via bluetooth to wireless speakers in office and in my backyard. Is it possible for a firmware upgrade to include A2DP support, or is this a hardware issue (ommission)? Also is it possible to stream audio to a bluetooth A2DP compliant speaker via N800 w/ some type of hack?

I love my N800, but plugging it in for audio out, especially w/ rhapsody, is a real pain. any input?

thanks

Milhouse
2007-05-02, 21:40
Yes it's a firmware rather than hardware issue, and is on the roadmap to be added at some undefined date in the future. No idea about any hacks.

aleksandyr
2007-05-03, 03:42
I've heard word of people getting various bits to compile, and even pair and test with A2DP headphones. Nobody, as far as I know, has managed to get a full working solution together.

GStreamer's not fun.

pdq
2007-05-03, 14:10
Hmm, I just replied but it didn't show up.
I have a hack that works in principle but is not integrated into the N800 audio framework. Compiling plugz gives me an alsa plugin which can be used only with players that support alsa for audio output. I don't have time and knowledge to make a proper package but if you want a tar archive of the plugin and an mplayer package modified for alsa send me a private message.

Regards,
Reiner