PDA

View Full Version : OS Software update to 2005.45-8 performance gains...

eye.surgeon
2005-12-08, 07:53
Is it just me or does the OS software update to 2005.45-8 provide significant performance gains? I previously had 2005.45-7 which came on my device which I bought yesterday at Comp USA

Specifically I am noting much faster browser opening and much faster opening of applications and moving between applications. Browsing itself also may be somewhat faster but not so noticable.

I am still getting the lack of memory warning after with several apps running. I'm also getting occasional hangs requiring exiting the browser as I was previously.

andymulhearn
2005-12-08, 09:33
Is it just me or does the OS software update to 2005.45-8 provide significant performance gains? I previously had 2005.45-7 which came on my device which I bought yesterday at Comp USA
I thought for a minute you'd got that wrong, but then looked at the maemo announce list and the latest version is announced as 2005.45-8. Then I checked my 770 which I updated with that download, or at least I thought I did, and it's version 2005.45-7.

So now I'm completely confused. I'll download and reflash tonight and let you know.

Specifically I am noting much faster browser opening and much faster opening of applications and moving between applications. Browsing itself also may be somewhat faster but not so noticable.

2005.45-7 bought some fairly big improvement in switching and loading. If 2005.45-8 is even better then it'll be well worth applying.

I am still getting the lack of memory warning after with several apps running. I'm also getting occasional hangs requiring exiting the browser as I was previously.

Memory problems are the nature of the beast at the moment I'm afraid, as, it seems, are browser crashes on some sites :(