PDA

View Full Version : Need to get my hands on a N800

chibiace
2007-05-08, 23:05
Unfortunately i live far to the south of anywhere, in New Zealand.
just wondering if anybody knows a reseller or somewhere which would have these or could get them in cheaply to within 200km of the Auckland region.
I have no credit card and not really willing to send cash overseas or bank deposit (the fees are quite high).

Im so jealous of you guys :( i may end up just using my laptop for open street maps.
yay for GPS! :D but bad nokia for excluding people from this wonderful device.

JKolstad
2007-05-09, 02:39
Chibiace,

Unfortunately i live far to the south of anywhere, in New Zealand.
just wondering if anybody knows a reseller or somewhere which would have these or could get them in cheaply to within 200km of the Auckland region.

Do you make it down to the south island much? My mother is in Christchurch, and I could send her one that you could then purchase directly from her for cash (after examining the unit to make sure it's OK).

Based on the U.S. purchase price of an N800 (~$380) plus shipping and the time involved, at current exchange rates you'd be looking at ~$NZ575.

Alternatively you could just wire her some money directly (she tells me wiring money within NZ is actually easier than it is here in the states) and I could send a unit to you, but I realize you're taking something of a risk there that you might not be comfortable taking.

Im so jealous of you guys :( i may end up just using my laptop for open street maps.

I own a copy of Tumonz... it's pretty nice, at least for tramping purposes!

---Joel Kolstad

chibiace
2007-05-09, 21:06
ive never been to the south is. and probably wont be going soon with petrol at NZ$1.55/L, though the latter option sounds good.
what does shipping cost?
transferring money is as easy as knowing their account number and entering it in on the banking website and costs about 20c.

JKolstad
2007-05-10, 04:02
ive never been to the south is. and probably wont be going soon with petrol at NZ$1.55/L, though the latter option sounds good.
what does shipping cost?

My guess is around US$25 = NZ$34 (airmail). It be somewhat less given the small mass of the N800 though -- that US$25 estimate is from shipping laptops before, whereas things like cell phones have been a little under US$10.

I came up with the NZ$575 number from US$380 (purchase price from Amazon.Com) + US$25 (shipping) + US$20 (packing/my time/etc.) = NZ $575.

Let me know if you'd like to do this. You can Google me and find that I've been around for year and you won't find anyone claiming I swindled them :-)

---Joel Kolstad

chibiace
2007-05-10, 10:19
sounds good. my email is chibiace@gmail.com and i use the same for gtalk too.

JKolstad
2007-05-11, 14:23
OK -- give me a couple of days to contact my mother, and I'll send you e-mail at your GMail address.

I'm jkolstad71@yahoo.com, BTW.

---Joel