PDA

View Full Version : Meego builds - n900 test reports/changelog

cferrism
2010-09-22, 19:59
Guys,

This may be/probably is a duplication but as it took me a while to find (meego site still isnt the easiest to navigate...but it looks nice) I thought i would post it here for those of you following the progress of meego on the n900. Some good facts and figures on each build that give you more of an idea of the progress being made than any shaky youtube video ive seen so far

Cheers to the guys that are providing such detailed info and working hard on the development of meego

http://wiki.meego.com/Quality/HandsetTestReport

On a related note i was suprised to find data over 3g isnt planned for 1.1 of meego

Stskeeps
2010-09-22, 20:14
On a related note i was suprised to find data over 3g isnt planned for 1.1 of meego

Doesn't mean it won't work if you set it up manually, though. UI parts are just not there.

cferrism
2010-09-22, 20:30
ahhh cool stskeeps. Cheers for clarifying.....I obviously misunderstood and cheers for your constant updates via this forum. I for one have defo appreciated it.

Exciting times indeed to be a n900 owner these days :)

Creamy Goodness
2010-09-22, 20:40
hmmm well they haven't been able to launch the web browser or use the phone to dial a number yet. usb mass storage not working. looks like a lot of bugs to fix before we can use it. but it's nice to see 232 bugs found when i search for n900 and nowhere the word "wontfix"

Stskeeps
2010-09-23, 05:55
hmmm well they haven't been able to launch the web browser or use the phone to dial a number yet. usb mass storage not working. looks like a lot of bugs to fix before we can use it. but it's nice to see 232 bugs found when i search for n900 and nowhere the word "wontfix"

Web browser is our biggest problem. Phone just got integrated yesterday, modem poweron waiting on China not having a holiday and USB mass storage is simply because we don't have a FAT partition and prefer USB ethernet instead atm ..

3beers
2010-09-27, 10:08

I think it's only for CDMA. it will gave support for GSM. with other words first meego device won't be on any CDMA vendor, which is not a surprise since Nokia never liked CDMA.

wmarone
2010-09-27, 14:59
I think it's only for CDMA. it will gave support for GSM. with other words first meego device won't be on any CDMA vendor, which is not a surprise since Nokia never liked CDMA.

No, it means that data over a 3G connection is not active at this time. As I understand it, it's mainly because there is no GUI for configuring the connections. It can be done manually if you try.

The whole CDMA/GSM thing is neither here nor there.