PDA

View Full Version : White battery icons

James_Littler
2010-10-22, 19:06
Hi, I've made some white battery icons and I thought I'd share them with you all.

These are all made from the insufficient charge standard icon.

I've included 3 folders in the zip file, 48, 64 and scalable.

To install, extract the 48 folder to:
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/hildon

the 64 folder to:
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/64x64/hildon

the scalable folder to:
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/hildon

Please backup originals first.
You will need root access for this.

If anyone knows how to include these when I package a theme, please tell me.

Thanks

Mentalist Traceur
2010-10-22, 22:27
Gah! No! Do not tell people to override system files without telling them they're over-riding system files. Or at least present both options.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Customizing_Maemo#Status_Icons

You can either install these as to /usr/share/icons/hicolor/.../hildon/ - but I'm pretty sure you need to do it as root - but you'll completely get rid of and lose the original ones. (Which is fine, but then you should be informed ahead of time that this is what will happen.)

OR you can put them to /home/user/.local/share/icons/hicolor/.../hildon/ - this will always be used by Maemo 5 instead of the ones in /usr/share/... and it will take precedence over whatever other themes you have. This way, if you have a theme you like, but the theme comes with other battery icons and you like these more, you can keep these icons instead.

ANYWAY - James_Littler - I would ask D_Livil or one of the other theme-ers who produced a large amount of themes for Maemo 5. I'm sure they know, since I think at least some of their themes come with custom battery icons.

P.S. I made my own white battery icon set, inspired by the same insufficient charge icon. Mine look a bit different (mainly, lighter) than those, and like the stock ones, get slightly darker as you move from the top of the battery to the top. If anyone asks / is interested I'll post mine up too.