PDA

View Full Version : Maemo-org Theme 2.0

andrewfblack
2010-10-31, 01:26
After several months of working on my maemo-org theme I will have new release to Extras Testing tomorrow. This version includes fixes for Pr 1.2 including the virtual keyboard. It also includes new icon set created by shazosbourne. New icons will be add as he updates his package and I plan on adding some based off his aswell. My goal is to do a custom icon for every application. I'm considering a new background set aswell I think it might be to much orange and might go with something grey. Any comments are welcome as always.

Screenshots.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2240466/Maemo/Screenshots/Screenshot-20101103-023504.png

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2240466/Maemo/Screenshots/Screenshot-20101103-023513.png

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2240466/Maemo/Screenshots/Screenshot-20101030-201913.png

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2240466/Maemo/Screenshots/Screenshot-20101030-201927.png

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2240466/Maemo/Screenshots/Screenshot-20101103-023528.png

anismistry
2010-10-31, 02:29
you dont have to change it, but a good shade of blue with gray will look balanced and besides blue is a favourite color of so many people. Or you can give different color combination options. The idea of using grey on the top and bottom looks good looking forward to it.

Thanks for your continued efforts in making N900 look great.

Again you dont have to change anything, just a suggestion.

andrewfblack
2010-10-31, 03:29
you dont have to change it, but a good shade of blue with gray will look balanced and besides blue is a favourite color of so many people. Or you can give different color combination options. The idea of using grey on the top and bottom looks good looking forward to it.

Thanks for your continued efforts in making N900 look great.

Again you dont have to change anything, just a suggestion.

Well this theme is based off of the Maemo.org Colors so blue wouldn't work. I have considered doing a blue version but never got around to it I might give it a go next week.

For any icon to match a program they have installed. Please shoot me the original icon or atleast the name of the software.

d-iivil
2010-10-31, 16:49
Looks nice judging by the pictures!

PipoXtreme
2010-10-31, 16:52
and where is the deb for this ?!

joelteixeira
2010-10-31, 17:05
It is too similar to Digital Nature, would be nice in the next versions something more unique. afterall, it brings maemo.org name...

antezz
2010-10-31, 17:10
Orange + halloween = awsum?

I'm trying this out.

kinggo
2010-10-31, 20:42
It is too similar to Digital Nature, would be nice in the next versions something more unique. afterall, it brings maemo.org name...
It's not actually. I've been using original before PR1.2 and it's much better then digital nature.

Parlapipas
2010-11-01, 03:17
Hi Andrew,

Thanks for taking this project up again. I love the colors on this theme. I installed 2.0-7 and found 2 bugs. 1st one is the alarm clock times and the 2nd one is the calendar widget where the date is not visible (screen shots attached). Thanks for your efforts nonetheless.

Changegames
2010-11-01, 13:40
i installed this theme but the media player widget dont have icons for play buttons...

Patroclo
2010-11-01, 15:36
Thanks Andrew. I like EVERITHING of your theme except the change you did to the keys of the phone. I don't like the keys with a uniform flat color. Put some shadows please as in the virtual keyboard.
In any case I like this theme.

andrewfblack
2010-11-02, 02:53
can you show me what keys your talking about?

Chrome
2010-11-02, 08:58
yesterday i updated to the latest version, and the whole theme got messed up. when i set it, it's like using no theme at all.. grey menus and buttons, blue square icons. But all other themes are ok.

what do you think caused that? I tried to remove and install it again then restart.. still messed up.

andrewfblack
2010-11-02, 09:08
yesterday i updated to the latest version, and the whole theme got messed up. when i set it, it's like using no theme at all.. grey menus and buttons, blue square icons. But all other themes are ok.

what do you think caused that? I tried to remove and install it again then restart.. still messed up.

The problem is your installing software from devel. I screwed up my last package (working on a new way of packaging my theme to allow icons to be included.) I build my packages on my N900 and why wife has it at work tonight so it will be several hours before I can fix it. I prefer people not update my themes from devel it ofton causes problems while I'm working on new builds. Once I confirm it installs I push to testing. So you are only a few hours behind what devel has normally. To fix it right now disable devel and install from testing.

Chrome
2010-11-02, 09:25
The problem is your installing software from devel. I screwed up my last package (working on a new way of packaging my theme to allow icons to be included.) I build my packages on my N900 and why wife has it at work tonight so it will be several hours before I can fix it. I prefer people not update my themes from devel it ofton causes problems while I'm working on new builds. Once I confirm it installs I push to testing. So you are only a few hours behind what devel has normally. To fix it right now disable devel and install from testing.

It's perfectly ok what you say, i never expect -devel apps to be stable and usable, but i thought the problem was on my behalf so i had to ask to make sure.

Btw, i see a newer version in -devel now, gotta try this one too :p

andrewfblack
2010-11-02, 09:35
Newest one is broke aswell I didn't find my error until after wife left once its fixed I will let you know

Patroclo
2010-11-02, 13:41
can you show me what keys your talking about?
Sorry I don't know how to put the screenshot on the forum.
I refer to the keys 1234567890...when you make a phone call.
In the old version they were not of flat grey, but they were like the keys in the virtual keyboard (dark grey in the middle,light grey top and bottom).

andrewfblack
2010-11-03, 08:38
Ok guys, 2.0.1-7 is now in testing Repo. Please test it out and vote on it!! Includes updates to Pr 1.2 changes. New icon set and many minor changes.

Know problems, Calendar Widget has white text I'm still working on getting the icon changes if I can't get it this week I will change that font color but it will change most of the white text in theme to that color. Alarms, seems its a bug with all custom themes that when an alarm is disabled the time is scrambled. I tested two themes by other people and its the same. Phone keys will be changed back in next full version.

I'm working with shazosbourne for the icon pack(he's doing most the work). This theme is going to have the most complete icon set of any themes once we are done with it. Please send me any requesets to have an applications icon replaced with once to match the theme. We will try to do one for every program. Every few days I will update the theme with the new icons we have created. I'm going to limit bug fix release to once a week. Unless its something easy I can fix while doing new icons.

Vote Here (http://maemo.org/packages/package_instance/view/fremantle_extras-testing_free_armel/maemo-org/2.0.1-7/)

towhatend
2010-11-03, 15:44
Two problems:
1. I don´t see any buttons when i´m using the music player.

2. Open the media player and press on the music icon, for me it´s looks weird.

uhbhatti88
2010-11-03, 16:59
i havent tried this yet (i think ill wait, n900 is my only phone/communication device) but im an icon fanatic and the ones for this theme look absolutely brilliant!

minor difference of opinion on the colour scheme though: i prefer having the application backgrounds jet black instead of gray, makes it easy on the eyes while reading texts, browsing images etc., and as an eariler user pointed out this is quite similar to digital nature.

i hope you find the time to make a colour variant (black instead of gray bkg, light/medium gray instead of orange highlights) that would really make the icons & other ui elements stand out!

all in all a great new addition! promise ill test it as soon as media player issues are resolved :D

Fellfrosch
2010-11-03, 21:11
I miss the old Icon-Background with the thin Orange Border. It fits perfectly to the rest of the theme the "new" icon-Background is very boring. I want it like in the picture again.

kinggo
2010-11-03, 21:27
Confirming the missing buttons in media player.

andrewfblack
2010-11-04, 03:53
Just finished knocking out some bugs and 2.0.1-9 is now in testing. Fixed Media Player Buttons, returned phone dial pad keys to the older look. Returned icon boarders to old look. Also fixed calendar applet. Plus MORE icons!

Vote Now!! (http://maemo.org/packages/package_instance/view/fremantle_extras-testing_free_armel/maemo-org/2.0.1-9/)

Changegames
2010-11-04, 04:53
much better now thanks...

andrewfblack
2010-11-04, 04:58
much better now thanks...

No problem.

Fellfrosch
2010-11-04, 10:00
Thank you very much. Looks much nicer now!:)

andrewfblack
2010-11-04, 10:05
Don't forget to vote for it.

magullo
2010-11-04, 10:41
Love the new version, but I found a little problem:
As you can see, on CalendarHome widget, the orange line is on the month name.
I see a lot of improvements over 1.2.6, and love the new icon set. You have my vote.;)

atz6975
2010-11-04, 12:13
Hi,
great theme overall, thank you (& your wife).
I found one little problem so far: the recycle bin icon.
On my N900 it shows in Picture Gallery when select+tap on specific picture for instance.

I find the choice of a grey-framed grey bin icon to be kind of odd and unreadable compared to the adjacent icons.
I'm not sure where else is this icon used but maybe the old one was more "readable" or less odd compared to adjacent ones.

Edit: the date on the lock screen is kind of orange over orange and therefore not readable.

I'm not sure of the importance of this, just my feedback.

Patroclo
2010-11-04, 23:49
I checked you modified the phone keys. Now it's simply a wonderful theme. And I like the new icons very much.
THANK YOU!

andrewfblack
2010-11-06, 06:07
Love the new version, but I found a little problem:
As you can see, on CalendarHome widget, the orange line is on the month name.
I see a lot of improvements over 1.2.6, and love the new icon set. You have my vote.;)

Fixed but I'm waiting to current version gets into extra before releasing the next version. It comes with many more new icons as well.

andrewfblack
2010-11-06, 06:09
Hi,
great theme overall, thank you (& your wife).
I found one little problem so far: the recycle bin icon.
On my N900 it shows in Picture Gallery when select+tap on specific picture for instance.

I find the choice of a grey-framed grey bin icon to be kind of odd and unreadable compared to the adjacent icons.
I'm not sure where else is this icon used but maybe the old one was more "readable" or less odd compared to adjacent ones.

Edit: the date on the lock screen is kind of orange over orange and therefore not readable.

I'm not sure of the importance of this, just my feedback.

hmm my wife? if your talking about shazosbourne not my wife, infact he's not anyones wife. LOL

shazosbourne is working on a new trash bin and and a whole new set of icons for the image viewer.

I will be fixing the lockscreen in the next release, I don't see it as important enough to start this version from going out.

anismistry
2010-11-07, 00:50
love your theme even the virtual keyboard looks so good
just a suggestion, instead of have a plan orange background can be have something wriiten in 3D or something written which gives it a embossed look. something like “MAEMO” or “N900”or “NOKIA”

andrewfblack
2010-11-07, 00:55
love your theme even the virtual keyboard looks so good
just a suggestion, instead of have a plan orange background can be have something wriiten in 3D or something written which gives it a embossed look. something like “MAEMO” or “N900”or “NOKIA”

Backgrounds are so easy to change I always go with simple on my themes. There are several Backgrounds with 3D letters saying things like that. Personally I don't even use default maemo-org background, I use one that looks like a wood floor. Looks very nice with icons.

anismistry
2010-11-07, 02:46
Thanks Andrew,

I always wanted that wooden floor background, could you please tell me where to get that, can you please post a link.
Thanks

WereCatf
2010-11-07, 03:04
I love the theme, it's so vivid and clean! I just modified the icons to match better the coloring, I just don't think the default ones are all that good :/

( http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=865663&postcount=1776 has pictures of how I like it )

andrewfblack
2010-11-07, 06:18
Thanks Andrew,

I always wanted that wooden floor background, could you please tell me where to get that, can you please post a link.
Thanks

http://www.n900wallpapers.com/wallpaper/woodfloor

Here you go.

cutehunk04
2010-11-08, 19:58
good one !!! love d icons.... wish d incoming notification be little different if u could.....

andrewfblack
2010-11-10, 07:40
Found problem with alarm thanks to help from d-iivil will be fixed in next release until then just use theme customizer to change secondary font to #FF8936

anismistry
2011-06-30, 08:51
do we have a icon for opera, can i please request you make one for opera thanks andrew

Edit pls disregard this request thanks