PDA

View Full Version : status bar quesiton

kalex
2007-05-25, 19:28
Hey,

is there a limit to the amount of icons? i currently have 5 of my standard ones and i installed clock icon, load applet icon and bluetooth icon. it looks like there is a limit of 7, because my bluetooth icon diseapers and only way to get it back is to either remove Load applet or clock applet. anybody know how to adjust the limit?

thanks

Alex

Milhouse
2007-05-25, 19:50
The limit is fixed, but you can disable some icons (display brightness, sound) from within Control Panel->Navigation->Status Bar. Also note that the Bluetooth icon has a habit of disappearing of it's own accord (some argue this is a bug, others that it is a feature - was discussed fairly recently elsewhere within this forum).

convulted
2007-05-25, 21:27
The limit is fixed, but you can disable some icons (display brightness, sound) from within Control Panel->Navigation->Status Bar. Also note that the Bluetooth icon has a habit of disappearing of it's own accord (some argue this is a bug, others that it is a feature - was discussed fairly recently elsewhere within this forum).

Not on the 770! I'm trying to patch the statusbar but no one on maemo-developers seems to care... does anyone know which .so has to be replaced?

kalex
2007-05-25, 23:36

Thanks for the reply

Hmm, i seem to be missing the navigation button in control panel. am i blind ? :) weird my bluetooth icon doesn't disapear, only dispears when i install more than 7 icons.

Milhouse
2007-05-25, 23:48
Not on the 770! I'm trying to patch the statusbar but no one on maemo-developers seems to care... does anyone know which .so has to be replaced?

Sorry - I hadn't noticed which sub forum this had been posted in! :)

Milhouse
2007-05-25, 23:50
Thanks for the reply

Hmm, i seem to be missing the navigation button in control panel. am i blind ? :) weird my bluetooth icon doesn't disapear, only dispears when i install more than 7 icons.

It's not present in OS 2006 - I mistakenly replied to your post under the assumption that you were discussing OS2007/N800 (possibly because you mentioned the disappearing Bluetooth icon which is an issue with OS 2007).

kalex
2007-05-26, 17:31
Ah that explains it :) i thought i was blind :)

bluetooth icon disapeared on me when i went over 7 icons limit. i got it back. instead of using clockbar and cpu/memory separately i combined it with osso cpu/memory bar which has built in clock :)

thanks

alex

thaibill
2007-05-27, 04:23
Ah that explains it :) i thought i was blind :)

bluetooth icon disapeared on me when i went over 7 icons limit. i got it back. instead of using clockbar and cpu/memory separately i combined it with osso cpu/memory bar which has built in clock :)

thanks

alex

Is this osso cpu/memory bar for the the 770. If so, where can I find it?

Thanks.

Thaibill

kalex
2007-05-29, 14:08
you can get it here:

https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_id=167