PDA

View Full Version : ScummVM Full Screen (Full Full Screen?)

sherifnix
2007-05-26, 16:37
I'm not too sure if this has been discussed before, but has anyone messed around with ScummVM in full screen? Is there a mode, or option that I am missing that can scale it correctly to the N800/770 screen? I don't mind maintaining the correct ratio and having a little black edge, but having it stretch to maximize the screen real estate would be nice =)

Not sure if there is something I missed, or a scaler that would need to be implemented in ScummVM. Thoughts? (Or someone working on the port with some future build info?)

sherifnix
2007-05-26, 17:05
Ok, simply checking "Aspect Ratio Correction" stretched it lol =)

So that answers one question, how about going full wide screen mode without the aspect correction? Is it possible?

fanoush
2007-05-26, 20:21
Well this is not strictly specific to Nokia tablets so this should go to forums.scummvm.org Check this
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=1837

For Nokia tablets there could be two specific scalers implemented - pixel doubling one for both N770 and N800 and arbitrary scaler for N800. N770 can only do pixel doubling in hardware, N800 can do any scaling ratio in hardware. The N800 arbitrary scaler could then do what you want. As for the port I am trying to maintain at http://fanoush.wz.cz/maemo/#scummvm there is no such work planned so far. First I prefer to finish keybindings for most engines for upcoming 0.10 version. Also I am not sure the output quality of such full screen scaler would be worth the effort, anything else than 2x scaler will probably look blurry/bad.

sherifnix
2007-05-27, 04:35
Thanks for the explanation fanoush. I appreciate your porting efforts, I am playing Fate of Atlantis right now... sooo good! ;)

If you do end up playing around with the N800 hardware scaler to get that 2.5x scaling (or whatever would get the 320x200 to 800x480) I'll love you so very much, lol!

ArnimS
2007-05-29, 11:35
Scummvm is the best emulator for the tablets. It's a great demonstration program to people who haven't seen them before.

Thanks fanoush.