PDA

View Full Version : N800 and Verizon

docnesh
2007-05-30, 17:44
Hello,

I need some advice and was hoping some people here could shed some light on some questions I am having.

I currently have a smartphone and am finding its not meeting my needs with respect to display size and robustness of the browser. I am prepared to order an N800 but have some basic questions about using bT to connect to the internet via a cellphone, specifically a verizon phone.

On my current smartphone, I have the unlimited data plan (no tethering option that I am aware of) and can surf the net and run apps that require the net, like IM, ssh, slingplayer etc.... and using pdanet I can connect the phone to my laptop for connectivity...

I would like to get rid of my smartphone and get something small like a razor or anything really... but I am curious what the prerequisites are for me to get online with the n800 thru a non smartphone. If this requires paying more for my data access, I will probably just keep my current smartphone and use pdanet to connect the n800 online that way.

I currently have a vx6700 that I would be looking to replace either with a non-smartphone + n800 or if I must something thinner like the motorola Q + n800.

Thanks in advance.

--Jeff

madman999
2007-05-30, 17:53
I have successfully gotten connected using an LG8300 and a Motorola E815 to my N800.

Both phones had to be hacked to enable bluetooth DUN but after that, only uses minutes to get connected via EVDO. I don;t have a data plan, just a regular voice plan with free nights and weekends.

I have not been charged for it yet and the dialed out calls show up as data calls on my bill to 777.

you can find all the info you need on Howardforums.com