PDA

View Full Version : Task switcher improvement

maxilogan
2007-06-01, 11:52
Since it appears that skype will not be here by june 11th ;) there's enough time for nokia to change this thing :)

Question is: why do the default selection when I press the home key is the current foreground application!? If I press that key is whether to access the homepage or to switch to another task. That's why I find far more obvious to have the "home" key as the default..

fanoush
2007-06-01, 12:46
In IT2007 you can go directly to home screen by holding home key, which is faster than what you suggest. You can also reduce the time how long you need to hold the home key if default is too long. You can even switch those two actions to the state like it was in IT2006 i.e. short home key press goes to home screen, longer press pops up the menu. Both can be configured by editing /etc/mce/mce.ini

Long press timeout is 'HomeKeyLongDelay', default is 800msec, 300 is fine for me. Actions are 'HomeKeyShortAction' and 'HomeKeyLongAction'.

fpp
2007-06-01, 16:29
Is this configurable in the same way on the 770 also ?...

konttori
2007-06-01, 22:44
I agree with maxilogan that default behavior for home key should be to go to home. Long press should display the task list.

but that's imho.

maxilogan
2007-06-03, 06:02
I agree with maxilogan that default behavior for home key should be to go to home. Long press should display the task list.

but that's imho.

this is not what I was meaning :)

I like not to having to keep the home button long-pressed to get the task list. I would like that once it is shown on the screen, the default selection to be the home instead of the currently foreground app (which is a nonsense to me)