PDA

View Full Version : The Grand NITDroid Thread - NITDroid ICS Upgrade!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Killahgold
2010-12-28, 20:06
turn off your phone, remove the battery, press the power button for five seconds, reinsert your battery, plug in your mmc, put in the back cover, firmly, and turn on your phone with your keyboard open. Quickly at multi-boot, choose nitdroid, close your keyboard, wish luck.

Tried this and it didn't work. No worries though. I just reinstalled everything. My problem was that none of the files in the Nitdroid-0.0.9 file extracted into the /and directory. My new new problem is the browser force closing everytime I start it. I'll keep plugging away at it. Thanks for the help.

tele
2010-12-28, 20:48
@leetut
I think ammyt removed it by accident
any way here it is
open up terminal and type

root
leafpad /etc/multiboot.d/11*

then u have to edit this line from

ITEM_DEVICE=${INT_CARD}p5

to

ITEM_DEVICE=mmcblk0p5

then save rebooot phone and try if the nitdroid works or not.

for Flash 10. Only the beta is installable.
click this (http://downloads.nitdroid.com/Applications/Flash101.apk) to download it to your computer and copy it using the usb then download file manager off the market to install it

Make sure you apply market fix in order to see file manager in the marke. Instructions on first page.

bez93
2010-12-28, 20:59
I have got the NITdroid installer icon...but now i want to install it on my internal memory..is it possible to continue the process onto the internal memory?
BTW..thanks ALOT to the nitdroid team for all their efforts !

skoaa
2010-12-28, 21:03
tele thx 4 everething

skoaa
2010-12-29, 06:39
after million time now: I'v download file and move to phone and when I try to install NITDroid-0.0.9.tar and after command, bzip2 -d NITDroid-0.0.9.tar.bz2 all im getting is;bzip2: can't open input file NITDroid-0.0.9.tar.bz2: No such file or directory.
i never default my phone; does this can caused the problem?

thx guys

peacekeper
2010-12-29, 07:21
are u sure the file is not corrupted? i had that problem and after 6 or 9 times i downloaded i finally could get the file. i dont know what is the problem with downloading the file.
other question have u read the updated post on page 1 of this thread? now is easiest to install.
keep trying bro

porselinaheart
2010-12-29, 07:37
after million time now: I'v download file and move to phone and when I try to install NITDroid-0.0.9.tar and after command, bzip2 -d NITDroid-0.0.9.tar.bz2 all im getting is;bzip2: can't open input file NITDroid-0.0.9.tar.bz2: No such file or directory.
i never default my phone; does this can caused the problem?

thx guys

if u notice your file is called "NITDroid-0.0.9.tar" but in your command u are requesting it to unpack "NITDroid-0.0.9.tar.bz2" try the command without the "bz2" at then of the file name

porselinaheart
2010-12-29, 07:41
for those having issues with the keyboard fix, try the HTC IME keyboard posted here:

http://forum.nitdroid.com/index.php?topic=423.0

skoaa
2010-12-29, 08:23
porselinaheart, im juts following command from the first page and yes i just tried your suggestion and massage is this:bzip2: nitdroid009 isn't a bzip2 file.

peaceciper, thx for moral support :) and yes I was talld by tele about update from first page and those are command i following now. ill try your method too.

pitiusillo
2010-12-29, 08:30
why not running video player and youtube?
I installed Flash Player 10.1

porselinaheart
2010-12-29, 08:38
porselinaheart, im juts following command from the first page and yes i just tried your suggestion and massage is this:bzip2: nitdroid009 isn't a bzip2 file.

peaceciper, thx for moral support :) and yes I was talld by tele about update from first page and those are command i following now. ill try your method too.

hmmmmm, can you confirm that the nitdroid file you have ends in ".tar"?? if so, then skip to this part of the commands:

cd /home
mkdir /and
cd /
mount /home /and
cd /and
tar xvf /home/user/MyDocs/NITDroid-0.0.9.tar
dpkg -i /home/user/MyDocs/nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-06_final1_armel.deb

DaReaper
2010-12-29, 08:38
This is for everyone who is having problems using the Device keyboard after replacing the new Keyboard patch with the old one .

http://forum.nitdroid.com/index.php?topic=1026.0

The problem faced is specified there ^

What you do is replace again the new keyboard patch with the old one . and download the HTC_IME mod Keyboard and install it .

Then go to Settings > language and keyboard>Disable Android keyboard > and enable the HTC_IME mod .

After that go to HTC_IME mod settings and click Kill keyboard , so that it kills the android keyboard and applies the HTC_IME mod keyboard .

Now you can use most of the functions on device keyboard and on screen perfect :)

skoaa
2010-12-29, 08:51
porelinehear, file finishing in bz2

M00NB34M
2010-12-29, 08:59
Ammyt! Hope your exam went well! I take it you're a fellow Brit in the U.K. doing GCSE's! Haha just got into Uni this year, but i remember how much of a ***** they were!

JUST wanna say, has anyone here tried the intstructions WITHOUT a MMC in the slot? Everything just panics and doesn't know where to extract or go! SO i would be pretty grateful if anyone here could direct me or gimme advice on how to successfully install this without the MMC in the slot...cos my MMC slot is bust!!

porselinaheart
2010-12-29, 09:18
porelinehear, file finishing in bz2

ok, skoaa, disregard my instructions to skip steps,

from your error msg it seems 1 of two things.

a) Is ur nitdroid009 file in the main n900 folder when u transfer it from your pc?? ( not ur mmc )

if so

b) are u able to change folder to the /home/user/MyDocs folder before running the bzip command??

skoaa
2010-12-29, 09:35
porselinaheart

file is in a phone memory, main n900 folder, and i can see it in my filebox(home /user/MyDocs, and yes i can change folder to the home/user/MyDocs folder before running the bzip command

ps is it mmc sd card?

tele
2010-12-29, 09:41
Ammyt! Hope your exam went well! I take it you're a fellow Brit in the U.K. doing GCSE's! Haha just got into Uni this year, but i remember how much of a ***** they were!

JUST wanna say, has anyone here tried the intstructions WITHOUT a MMC in the slot? Everything just panics and doesn't know where to extract or go! SO i would be pretty grateful if anyone here could direct me or gimme advice on how to successfully install this without the MMC in the slot...cos my MMC slot is bust!!

Mines working without a memory card :D here are the instructions.

Open the .item file

root

then u have to edit the line.

to

ITEM_DEVICE=mmcblk0p5

:D:D:D

M00NB34M
2010-12-29, 10:00
Mines working without a memory card :D here are the instructions.

Open the .item file

root

then u have to edit the line.

to

ITEM_DEVICE=mmcblk0p5

:D:D:D

Hey man thanks for the reply,

BUT im talking about the actual INSTALLATION process, like installing without a MMC! I get the whole multi-boot thing and the changes to the files and stuff, its just the actual installation process,

Nitdroid installer doesn't like the fact that mmcblk1p2 isn't there for example, and the kernel refuses to install!

Thanks!!

skoaa
2010-12-29, 10:15
is there an easier - i so those instruction on line and it looks dangerous - way to default n900?

DJRedline
2010-12-29, 10:30
Whats happened to instructions 6, 7 and 8?
followed instructions and when rebooting i choose option 2 for nitdroid and it dont work. open maemo and can see a nitdroid installer in menu, run this and now its stuck on formatting /dev/mmcblklp2 (ext3)

Smooth-op
2010-12-29, 11:10
Many thanks to AMMYT :-) everything went well during the installation of Nitdroid...slight hitch with the 0.0.9.tar file but finally all was up and running! I also reinstalled the power kernel 46 which is good to go now. Question: why does the power kernel add an extra boot? Before I had maemo on 1. and Nitdroid on 2. now it's maemo on 1. Maemo with power kernel on 2. and nitdroid on 3.?? Is this normal?
In android market place is working with fix, data and sms can be sent and received, keyboard working fine.Just calls as usual can't be heard.
REALLY HAPPY!! To all involved in this project a big thank you for all your hard work.

ammyt
2010-12-29, 11:16
For all people,, do nout run the Nitdroid installer icon...just install it. When you have the Nitdroid Installer package installed, procede with the steps at the first post.

Kevstacey
2010-12-29, 11:25
i managed to get android market working after install without any fixes, but is there a way to install non android market apps?

ive tried app installer from the android market but closes with an error everytime i open it

tele
2010-12-29, 11:44
@Smooth-op
its normal however you can remove the extra one if you want by using filebox and going into /etc/multiboot.d and delete the extra one

@kevstacdey
if you go into settings > applications and tick the installation box for unknown sources.
then copy what ever you want to nistall using the usb and use file manager in nitdroid to install it!

Kevstacey
2010-12-29, 11:59
@Smooth-op
its normal however you can remove the extra one if you want by using filebox and going into /etc/multiboot.d and delete the extra one

@kevstacdey
if you go into settings > applications and tick the installation box for unknown sources.
then copy what ever you want to nistall using the usb and use file manager in nitdroid to install it!

I already had the box ticked for unknown sources

Where's nistall and where's the file manager in nitroid located

Thanks again bud :)

tele
2010-12-29, 12:08
@Kevstacey
apply the market fix which is on the first page, then open up market and download the file manager. (search it in the market)
then copy the setup file which you have to your phone using the cable from your pc to phone.
open up the file manager which you downloaded from the market and go to the setup file and tap it to install it!

Kevstacey
2010-12-29, 12:12
Thanks bud :) your help is much appreciated :)

tele
2010-12-29, 12:20
@M00NB34M
you can follow the 5th post
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=66459&page=48

i used that and i have it installed without the memory card.
make sure that you run the commands on the first page after you have installed nitdroid. "people who cannot overclock after nitdroid" (run in after installing but before rebooting

riceboy
2010-12-29, 12:52
9.Save your file, reboot ur device with your keyboard open, be happy

how do i save it? noob here :D

tele
2010-12-29, 13:10
9.Save your file, reboot ur device with your keyboard open, be happy

how do i save it? noob here :D

"ctrl" and "s"
so "top left button" and the "S" to save it :D

Kevstacey
2010-12-29, 13:15
thanks for the help tele :)

i sucessfully installed gangstar: west coast hustle :)

works but has bad graphical issues :(

tele
2010-12-29, 13:26
thanks for the help tele :)

i sucessfully installed gangstar: west coast hustle :)

works but has bad graphical issues :(

yep you're right, gangstar has issues

check what is working and what isn't. (some games which say Requires accelerometer are now working) :p :p

http://www.nitdroid.com/index.php?title=Addsoftware

edit: just updated the page and now shows the new games which are working

DaReaper
2010-12-29, 13:34
Where do i place the gameloft folder ? i have installed Asphalt 5 , but i need to place the gameloft folder some where ...

Anyways NFS shifts works like a charm

tele
2010-12-29, 13:40
Where do i place the gameloft folder ? i have installed Asphalt 5 , but i need to place the gameloft folder some where ...

Anyways NFS shifts works like a charm

in MyDocs, i think, i used to have that game but not anymore
although if you run the game without the files, it will automatically download it and place it in the correct folder!

Killahgold
2010-12-29, 13:44
if u notice your file is called "NITDroid-0.0.9.tar" but in your command u are requesting it to unpack "NITDroid-0.0.9.tar.bz2" try the command without the "bz2" at then of the file name

No need to use the bzip2 command, being u hav a tar file. You can skip this step and proceed to extracting your tar file w/ the tar xvf command

DaReaper
2010-12-29, 13:45
in MyDocs, i think, i used to have that game but not anymore
although if you run the game without the files, it will automatically download it and place it in the correct folder!

Hmm placed it in MyDocs and tried , it tells me it has to download some additional files on running the game

Edit : Never mind i figured it out

tele
2010-12-29, 13:57
Hmm placed it in MyDocs and tried , it tells me it has to download some additional files on running the game

Edit : Never mind i figured it out

let it download the aditional files and it will work!

Smooth-op
2010-12-29, 14:17
Just one more question....I can't seem to see files on my sd card which has all music and pictures on it. I have downloaded Astro file manager but still no luck. Anyone know what I have to do to be able to see these files on Android?

riceboy
2010-12-29, 14:27
ammyt! you are a genius! was able to get nitdroid running!

i did get scared when i tried to boot maemo while plugged into the usb. it keeped looping.

disconnected the usb and tried it again. multiboot came on. and i was able to boot into maemo.

whew!

DaReaper
2010-12-29, 14:28
let it download the aditional files and it will work!

Yeah i did this previously and edited my post ... works fine , thanks anyways !

DJRedline
2010-12-29, 14:51
I do not have any version of Nitdroid installed at present, so if i follow the instructions on front page i will have v0.0.9 running on my EMMC ?

Or is this just an update for 0.0.8? as there are steps missing (6, 7 and 8)

riceboy
2010-12-29, 15:20
i didnt have any nitdroid installed on mine. i followed the steps, and i was able to put it on my phone. ftw!

grr angry birds wont download :(

tele
2010-12-29, 15:36
i didnt have any nitdroid installed on mine. i followed the steps, and i was able to put it on my phone. ftw!

You have to install the new kernel in order to play angry birds!
I've currently got angry birds season installed and works great...
Let me know if you need instructions :)

DaReaper
2010-12-29, 15:39

Download it from getjar.com browse from your phone browser , set your phone as HTC desire HD or some other which you like ..and find for angry birds and click download to computer and it will download the .apk file on your mobile browse . :D after than install it thats all .

tele
2010-12-29, 15:44
Download it from getjar.com browse from your phone browser , set your phone as HTC desire HD or some other which you like ..and find for angry birds and click download to computer and it will download the .apk file on your mobile browse . :D after than install it thats all .

If the market version doesn't work then this has no chances what so ever that it will work.
The new kernel increases the installation space which solves the issue with installing angry birds!

If you use the old kernel, it doesn't allow big files to install. The new kernel solves this...

DaReaper
2010-12-29, 15:45
If the market version doesn't work then this has no chances what so ever that it will work.
The new kernel increases the installation space which solves the issue with installing angry birds!

If you use the old kernel, it doesn't allow big files to install. The new kernel solves this...

Oh yeah i forgot to mention about the New Kernel ... I'm installed Angry birds season now .. wanna try it bad :D

agdroubi
2010-12-29, 16:23
angry birds season is way too slow, so don't be that excited.

tele
2010-12-29, 16:25

i have mine overclocked @ 1.15 and works silky smooth although seems to be working fine @ 850 as well...
try overclocking it to see if that helps :D

riceboy
2010-12-29, 16:26
how about the browser? browser gets error and wont load

ammyt
2010-12-29, 16:29

Did you install the new kernel? This was an issue with the past .06 kernel.

agdroubi
2010-12-29, 16:34
i have mine overclocked @ 1.15 and works silky smooth although seems to be working fine @ 850 as well...
try overclocking it to see if that helps :D

my n900 gets extremely hot without even overclocking it, so how would it be if i overclocked it.

tele
2010-12-29, 16:38

the problem is caused because of the new google theme...
all you have to do is get your timming right.
open browser and quickly press the x on the screen to stop the page loading.
then go into settings and change the homepage!
thats it. it should start working fine...

tele
2010-12-29, 16:40
@ agdroubi
change the clock speed to 250 and 850
it makes it hot because the minimum speed is @ 500 and that heats it up
if you can lower the min to 250. you will feel the difference

ammyt
2010-12-29, 16:40
BTW, is there some option that the moderators can do, like, clear thread? This thing is getting too big. :)

agdroubi
2010-12-29, 16:43
@ agdroubi
change the clock speed to 250 and 850
it makes it hot because the minimum speed is @ 500 and that heats it up
if you can lower the min to 250. you will feel the difference

can you give me instructions of how t overclock nitdroid to the least possible having angry birds running smoothly.

ammyt
2010-12-29, 16:51
can you give me instructions of how t overclock nitdroid to the least possible having angry birds running smoothly.

In Nitdroid's ./etc you will find 4 OC profiles, delete 3 of them using filebox, and edit your one, here is an example:
1. On Xterm:
mount /home /and
2. Using Filebox, navigate to /home/and/system/etc, ther you'll find ocprofilexxx-xxx-xxx. Delete 3 of them and leave one.
3. On Xterm:
leafpad /home/and/system/etc/"thefilethatyouleft"
4. In the file @ lowest frequencies set: 250000, @ highest frequencies set: 800000
5. In avoid frequencies, delete 250000.
6. Ctrl s to save
7. Reboot

tele
2010-12-29, 16:53

you can download task killer from the market in nitdroid which can help free up ram. this improves performance

Download overclock widget from the market and use that to overclock. this works just as good. however you have to change the frequency everytime you boot into nitdroid. use that to change the freq and see which one you think is the best and to make it permenant follow the underneath instructions

1- install filebox from app manager in maemo
2- open filebox and go to settings and turn on root
3- go to /home/etc/power.conf
4- highlight that file and edit it
5- change the following like this

scaling_max_freq 850000
scaling_min_freq 250000

save it.

ammyt
2010-12-29, 16:58
you can download task killer from the market in nitdroid which can help free up ram. this improves performance

Download overclock widget from the market and use that to overclock. this works just as good. however you have to change the frequency everytime you boot into nitdroid. use that to change the freq and see which one you think is the best and to make it permenant follow the underneath instructions

1- install filebox from app manager in maemo
2- open filebox and go to settings and turn on root
3- go to /home/etc/power.conf
4- highlight that file and edit it
5- change the following like this

scaling_max_freq 850000
scaling_min_freq 250000

save it.

Don't forget to mount /and before :D

tele
2010-12-29, 17:05

no need to...
changing the file in /home/etc/power.config is same as editing /and/etc/power.config

/home/etc/power.config is the symlink of /and/etc/power.config
so works without mounting! :D
it's much easier :p

agdroubi
2010-12-29, 17:06

i ddn't find power.conf

tele
2010-12-29, 17:08
i ddn't find power.conf

are there any overclock profiles in there?
should be four of these.
oc-profile-250-500.conf
oc-profile-250-700.conf
oc-profile-250-750-1000.conf
oc-profile-500-700.conf

if so change the name of one of them to power.conf and edit that file :)

ammyt
2010-12-29, 17:08
i ddn't find power.conf

mount /home /and
Go to /home/and/system/etc

agdroubi
2010-12-29, 17:13
are there any overclock profiles in there?
should be four of these.
oc-profile-250-500.conf
oc-profile-250-700.conf
oc-profile-250-750-1000.conf
oc-profile-500-700.conf

if so change the name of one of them to power.conf and edit that file :)
can i change any of them which one is prefered?

skoaa
2010-12-29, 17:14
ammyt is there an easy way to default n900?

ammyt
2010-12-29, 17:16
ammyt is there an easy way to default n900?

Default N900? What do you mean?

tele
2010-12-29, 17:21
can i change any of them which one is prefered?

any of them, doesnt matter. change this one
oc-profile-250-700.conf

and edit it like i said earlier

edit: i've uploaded the power.conf
http://rapidshare.com/files/439834996/power.conf

downloaded it and paste it in /home/etc and it's already edited :)

skoaa
2010-12-29, 17:22
to reset, because i have that command problem NITDroid-0.0.9

DaReaper
2010-12-29, 17:22

At 600Mhz it was slow , OC'd 950 Mhz Good enough .

So i'll carry on with the excitement .

ammyt
2010-12-29, 17:27
And of course setcpu_2.10 can be used for the newbies :D.
OFFTOPIC: I'm waiting for my exam's results :eek:, great, amazing, giganatic, enormous, countless thanks for tele and all contributors that replied people's questions :D :D

agdroubi
2010-12-29, 17:28
any of them, doesnt matter. change this one
oc-profile-250-700.conf

and edit it like i said earlier

edit: i've uploaded the power.conf
http://rapidshare.com/files/439834996/power.conf

downloaded it and paste it in /home/etc and it's already edited :)

i am getting file is read only

ammyt
2010-12-29, 17:34
i am getting file is read only

Just place it in MyDocs, and copy it to ./etc

tele
2010-12-29, 17:39
hope you get great results back ammyt...
I've my a level exams the week after next week :(

ammyt
2010-12-29, 17:42
hope you get great results back ammyt...
I've my a level exams the week after next week :(

Good luck then, :D

agdroubi
2010-12-29, 17:51
I put max 1000000
Min 250000
Is it ok??

tele
2010-12-29, 18:14
I put max 1000000
Min 250000
Is it ok??

yes if you are happy with max 1ghz and min 250mhz.

agdroubi
2010-12-29, 18:19
yes if you are happy with max 1ghz and min 250mhz.

What is the best do I do like you did and overclock to 1.15

tele
2010-12-29, 18:30
What is the best do I do like you did and overclock to 1.15

you can if you want to but be careful. i live in a cold country and its winter atm. so the phone doesnt get hot
turn it down if it gets too hot. also i dont keep nitdroid running 24/7. only when i play games.
also dont expect battery to be amazing at 1.15... rest is up to you
you can run it at 1.15 and if you are not happy just turn it down :D

agdroubi
2010-12-29, 18:37
you can if you want to but be careful. i live in a cold country and its winter atm. so the phone doesnt get hot
turn it down if it gets too hot. also i dont keep nitdroid running 24/7. only when i play games.
also dont expect battery to be amazing at 1.15... rest is up to you
you can run it at 1.15 and if you are not happy just turn it down :D

My country is a bit hot so I think I will stick to a 1ghz as maximum, and 250mhz as my minimum and that is to save battery and keep the phone cooler. Thanks tele

skoaa
2010-12-29, 19:26
ammyt

do u have any idea y i have this problem after command:
bzip2 ;d NITDroid-0.0.9.tar.bz2, all im getting is: bzip2: Can't open input file NITDroid-0.0.9.tar.bz2: Nosuch file or directory.

thx

tele
2010-12-29, 19:29
ammyt

do u have any idea y i have this problem after command:
bzip2 ;d NITDroid-0.0.9.tar.bz2, all im getting is: bzip2: Can't open input file NITDroid-0.0.9.tar.bz2: Nosuch file or directory.

thx

Nosuch file or directory - This means that you're either typing the wrong name or you pasted it in wrong folder.

skoaa
2010-12-29, 19:41
tele
i have been there like 1000 times now; moved file to phone by cable (i can see file on my phone when i open filebox its in home/user/MyDocs) and I just followed commands from first page and by now i know command by heart (how can be possible to maid same mistake 16 times - that is how many times i download nitdroid file and passed to the phone :(
thx

Kevstacey
2010-12-29, 19:48
fifa10 is working but is a bit difficult with no multitouch :(

tele
2010-12-29, 19:52
@Skoaa
download these from app manager then try runnning that command...
i think this is the issue...

infoZIP's UnZip
tar-gnu

skoaa
2010-12-29, 19:53
tele
what i meant is i hope u r right and my phone isn't f... up and i don't have to do hard reset

skoaa
2010-12-29, 19:55
ill try
thx

peacekeper
2010-12-29, 19:58
tele one question? how do i know if i installed the 0.0.9 nitdroid update? i remembered that on the x-term i typed the command bzip2 -d NITDroid and the rest, and after that started to decompress a file is that all i have to do? am i running 0.0.9 update? but is there a way to see it?

agdroubi
2010-12-29, 20:03
tele one question? how do i know if i installed the 0.0.9 nitdroid update? i remembered that on the x-term i typed the command bzip2 -d NITDroid and the rest, and after that started to decompress a file is that all i have to do? am i running 0.0.9 update? but is there a way to see it?

enter settings then about phone, if the android version is 2.2.1 then you are using nitdroid 0.0.9

peacekeper
2010-12-29, 20:13
thks agdroubi for the info.

N900L
2010-12-29, 20:25
wich sd cards can i use
i have a san disk 2gb memory card
can i use this sd card with this tutorial?
what means i can remove the sd card after installation?

tele
2010-12-29, 20:26
san disk cards have some issues!
with this toturial, you dont need a card. it installs on emmc :D

peacekeper
2010-12-29, 20:28
enter settings then about phone, if the android version is 2.2.1 then you are using nitdroid 0.0.9

I entered to settings and on the android version it only says
Android Version
"AOSP"
Is this normal?

N900L
2010-12-29, 20:33
does it work fast without overclocking?
and do i need to have a sd card during the installation in the n900

tele
2010-12-29, 20:35
hmm wierd peacekeper...
mine looks like this

settings >about phone
android ver 2.2.1
kernel 2.6.28.NIT.06 e-yes@wildbeast #25 (latest)

peacekeper
2010-12-29, 20:38
hmm wierd peacekeper...
mine looks like this

settings >about phone
android ver 2.2.1
kernel 2.6.28.NIT.06 e-yes@wildbeast #25 (latest)

I see tele, ok i will do the process all over again maybe this time ill be lucky thks for the info.

N900L
2010-12-29, 20:39
can i still boot up maemo after the installation???(Multiboot?)

tele
2010-12-29, 20:39
@N900L
follow this
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=904019&postcount=475
make sure you have kernel installed from app manager before you begin...
no memory card is needed...
after following this http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=904019&postcount=475, dont restart and go on the first page and run people who have lost their overclock after nitdroid

yes it dual boot, maemo and nitdroid.
no phone in nitdroid!

N900L
2010-12-29, 20:50
thx for the tutorial
can i use the mic of a plugged headset to make voice calls in nitdroid
somebody told me that it hasnt to be overclocked in order to run nitdroid.

tele
2010-12-29, 20:52
@N900L
nope sorry. no calls or sms
but 3G and 2G internet works...

this shows what is working and what isnt..
http://www.nitdroid.com/index.php?title=N900

N900L
2010-12-29, 20:57
should i backup my files on the 32gb?
or doesnt it remove anything?
Didnt it work in 0.0.8?
Sorry for asking so much.

tele
2010-12-29, 21:09
should i backup my files on the 32gb?
or doesnt it remove anything?
Didnt it work in 0.0.8?
Sorry for asking so much.

if you really want to you can. i would suggest using the backup function in the menu.
it doesnt remove anything.
and no 0.0.8 was less stable as well...

bez93
2010-12-29, 21:10
Can somebody please help me with this i need to start all over again and need to remove all the nitdroid files but i cant
HELP!

tele
2010-12-29, 21:16
Can somebody please help me with this i need to start all over again and need to remove all the nitdroid files but i cant
HELP!

root
mount /dev/mmcblk0p2 /and -o noatime
nitdroid-uninstaller

After it completes, using filebox delete nitdroid's installation folders and files that were copied to home: bin, data, dev, etc (symlink), initrd, lib (symlink), mnt, proc, sbin, sdcard, sys, system, tmp, usr,default.prop, init, init.nokia.rc, init.rc

:D

juniorsk8
2010-12-29, 21:38
yeah, i finally installed NITDroid in eMMC without any SDCard.! :P

Smooth-op
2010-12-29, 21:42
Please can someone help me to see my sd card in nitdroid? I have Astro installed but still not finding files.....Also where does Nitdroid store files received from bluetooth and how can i save these to SD card? It doesn't ask where to save them at all.....

Alb3rtO
2010-12-29, 21:44
I try to install the kernel

I can`t, i receive this message:

Unable to install "NITroid kernel for N900"

Some help pls!

N900L
2010-12-29, 22:03
im installing now nitdroid and i have typed in >
bzip2 -d NITDroid-0.0.9.tar.bz2
do i have to wait now?
or should i write the next command?

t4ure4n
2010-12-29, 22:10
First of all thanks for your tutorial. I have couple of questions:

1: I don't want messaging to work on Nitdroid. is there any way that I can disable the SMS functionalty. I want my messages to stay in Maemo

2: you mentioned that "The phone stops charging when the screen turns off" is this problem present in Maemo too or it happens in Nitdroid.

N900L
2010-12-29, 22:19
successful installed thanx

N900L
2010-12-29, 22:25
how do i exit notification menus like problem starting connection?

N900L
2010-12-29, 22:33
how do i get out of the airplane mode ?

tele
2010-12-29, 22:48
First of all thanks for your tutorial. I have couple of questions:

1: I don't want messaging to work on Nitdroid. is there any way that I can disable the SMS functionalty. I want my messages to stay in Maemo

2: you mentioned that "The phone stops charging when the screen turns off" is this problem present in Maemo too or it happens in Nitdroid.

maemo and nitdroid and two completely different things!
its like dual booting windows xp with windows 7
whatever is in your maemo, will stay the same . you will still be able to use maemo like you did before. no difference. nothing will be deleted. make calls and everything.
same answer to the second one aswell. everything will be normal in maemo. its completely different.
only nitdroid has issues and will only be in nitdroid and not maemo

tele
2010-12-29, 22:50

do this in nitdroid.
menu→devtools→terminal emulator
su
rr

Nokia 5700
2010-12-29, 22:56
I wish I could download apps from Market faster... it's currently Snail-mail.

tele
2010-12-29, 23:06
I wish I could download apps from Market faster... it's currently Snail-mail.

haha patience :D
you could download the apk to your computer and install it using the file manager?

cuffy1
2010-12-29, 23:21

if you have a pin lock code on ur sim card disable it in maemo worked for me today..

ahmadka
2010-12-29, 23:48
Apart from nitdroid 0.0.9 being based on Android 2.3.1, are there ant other differences/improvements in 0.0.9 ? I'm currently on 0.0.8 ..

Also, whats the easiest way to go from 0.0.8 to 0.0.9 ?

riceboy
2010-12-30, 00:20
ammyt, quick ? for example we want to remove the xmasdroid from the emmc how do we go about doing a clean uninstall of the program?

confusedfella
2010-12-30, 01:45
Is it only me or nitdroid hangs a bit when entering and exiting the app drawer, and when scrolling down lists and menus especially the market list and the app drawer. It can get pretty annoying. Does anyone know if these problems will be solved by the last version? I mean the N900s processor can take on android.

Thanks,

skatepunk1234
2010-12-30, 02:24
Hi, I just recently installed nitdroid 0.0.9 and everything is going great. But I have a question about how to access the microsd card in android and get mass storage support to work?

I cant find a way to see the microsd card and just see the emmc and I also installed the newest kernel and when I plug it into my computer nothing happens. I'm running windows 7 64 bit.

oh and another thing is. Why does the led indicator light blink green when the screen goes dark?

bhupendra
2010-12-30, 03:39
i tried two times still no success. . nitdroid kernel, multiboot nitdroid.tar everything is installed, followed steps as u directed. . but when i reboot...multiboot window comes..2 for nitdroid..then process starts..last a message comes-

"ROOT FILE SYSTEM ON blk.. NOT AVAILABLE..
GURU MEDITATION...
click any key to panic..."
(it appears in the fashion of a windows virus)

i even reflashed rootfs once with all the panic of reinstalling all my aps:confused: ...help plz...

bhupendra
2010-12-30, 03:41
[QUOTE=ammyt;887394]I just did a final edit and check-up to the wiki,--
http://wiki.maemo.org/Nitdroid_easy_install_on_EMMC#Frequent_errors
-- to gladly anounce that e-yes and the elite Nitdroid team just released Nitdroid 0.0.9 codenamed: xMasDroid. Since this is just a minor update to 0.0.8, the instructions of installing it will only be posted here, nothing will travel to the wiki till the awaited Gingerbread is released :D.
As for the instructions, I would like to thank to mido.fayad and tele for contributing:.............
i tried two times still no success. . nitdroid kernel, multiboot nitdroid.tar everything is installed, followed steps as u directed. . but when i reboot...multiboot window comes..2 for nitdroid..then process starts..last a message comes-

"ROOT FILE SYSTEM ON blk.. NOT AVAILABLE..
GURU MEDITATION...
click any key to panic..."
(it appears in the fashion of a windows virus)

i even reflashed rootfs once with all the panic of reinstalling all my aps ...help plz...i installed nitdroid on internal flash drive.

ammyt
2010-12-30, 07:18
1. Please guyz, I know that this looks a bit of exciting, but can you please stop asking 'nd pm'ing me about voice calls? It is like mentioned over 88 pages! Nitdroid ain't got no phonecall capabilities, for now.
2. @bhupedra, check out your .item file, be sure that ITEM_DEVICE:${INT_CARD}p2 (if you have a plugged in microsd) or ITEM_DEVICE:mmcblk0p2 (if you don't have an mmc.
3. @confusedfella, yes, I admit :p. Nitdroid suffers a small lag scrolling the market.
4. @Alb3rto it is nitdroid, not nitroid :)
5. @t4ure4n not all Nitdroids have the charging issue, mine gets on charging pretty well.
6. @skoaa try this: bzip2 -d /home/user/MyDocs/NITDroid-0.0.9.tar.bz2
p.s. Remember folks, it's all in the first post!

kent_autistic
2010-12-30, 07:34

hey man, Ive seen you in the N900 owners from the Philippines thread. Where are you based? I'm in Manila. The reason im asking is because I successfully installed Nitdroid but somehow I am unable to see some apps in the app market. I cant see swype or tweetdeck or angry birds. is this because of my location? or maybe just because paid apps is not shown in my app market?

thearcane
2010-12-30, 07:37
I got NITdroid working with little problems. I only have a small question regarding battery life. I noticed that NITdroid gives consistently higher battery levels than Maemo. I could be with ~60% battery in NITdroid, switch over to Maemo and get ~40% or less.
Question is - is NITdroid optimistic, is Maemo pessimistic or is the true battery condition somewhere in the middle? I tend to believe Maemo since it's the stock phone OS, but then it means my NITdroid would just shut down with no prior notice? I really would not like this to happen.
Anyone with experience regarding NITdroid bettery life can comment?

ammyt
2010-12-30, 08:03
I got NITdroid working with little problems. I only have a small question regarding battery life. I noticed that NITdroid gives consistently higher battery levels than Maemo. I could be with ~60% battery in NITdroid, switch over to Maemo and get ~40% or less.
Question is - is NITdroid optimistic, is Maemo pessimistic or is the true battery condition somewhere in the middle? I tend to believe Maemo since it's the stock phone OS, but then it means my NITdroid would just shut down with no prior notice? I really would not like this to happen.
Anyone with experience regarding NITdroid bettery life can comment?

Maemo is pretty pessimistic, but to be on the safe side, take the average of both of their readings.

skoaa
2010-12-30, 08:06
6. @skoaa try this: bzip2 -d /home/user/MyDocs/NITDroid-0.0.9.tar.bz2

ammyt
i just tried and unfortunately it didnt worked but I really appreciated you effort :)
thx bro

ammyt
2010-12-30, 08:33
I can't believe it, I installed Nitdroid over 7 times till now! @skooa are you suer you installed nitdroid-installer? Are you sure that your Nitdroid archive's size is ~73 MB?

ammyt
2010-12-30, 08:37
btw, if you want Nitdroid to see your media files (photos, vids,music) rename the .XXXXXXX folders in MyDocs to XXXXXXX (e.g. .sounds to sounds)

N900L
2010-12-30, 08:38
why isnt nitdroid showing any flash content on web pages?
i can call but without hearing anything

allz
2010-12-30, 08:46
If you installed Nitdroid 0.0.8 in /home, remove all Nitdroid files from /home partition, by filebox for simplicity, but don't remove maemo files!

does it mean i have to uninstall the 0.0.8 nitdroid from my microSD card first?

ammyt
2010-12-30, 08:50
does it mean i have to uninstall the 0.0.8 nitdroid from my microSD card first?

Yes, you do, refer to the wiki

skoaa
2010-12-30, 09:35
ammyt
i have nitdroid-installer icon in in my apps but nitdroid archive size is something i dont know anything about

allz
2010-12-30, 09:42
cp omap_twl4030keypad.kcm/and/system/usr/keychars/

**for fixing numbering keyboard ----- it does not work --- what did i type wrong

skoaa
2010-12-30, 09:58
ammyt
nitdroid file size is 72.3mb

skoaa
2010-12-30, 09:59
sorry buti still dont know about archive

ammyt
2010-12-30, 10:00
**for fixing numbering keyboard ----- it does not work --- what did i type wrong

Assuming omap_twl4030keypad.kcm is in MyDocs:
mount /home /and
cd /home/user/MyDocs
cp omap_twl4030keypad.kcm /and/system/usr/keychars/

ammyt
2010-12-30, 10:01
sorry buti still dont know about archive

okay, do this:
root
cd /home/user/MyDocs
This way it will take some time showing you a blank line in Xterm (3 mins approx)

ammyt
2010-12-30, 10:04
BTW did anyone try opera mini? It seems to get stuck on the first 1/4 of "installing" then it fails to connect, although I'm connected to the internet via wifi.

preflex
2010-12-30, 10:06
BTW did anyone try opera mini? It seems to get stuck on the first 1/4 of "installing" then it fails to connect, although I'm connected to the internet via wifi.

I didn't try Opera Mini, but I found Opera Mobie to work flawlessly.

skoaa
2010-12-30, 10:12
ammy
r u sure that u want me to do that (i did it off course and massage is same as before and it didnt took more then part of sec ) cos i dont see any differences between this n command from first page

ammyt
2010-12-30, 10:15
ammy
r u sure that u want me to do that (i did it off course and massage is same as before and it didnt took more then part of sec ) cos i dont see any differences between this n command from first page

Okay, try to open the archive on your pc, does it opens? And do this:
root
apt-get install bzip
cd /home/user/MyDocs
This way it will take some time showing you a blank line in Xterm (3 mins approx)

skoaa
2010-12-30, 10:25
ammyt
im not sure what u mean by open on your pc (i connected phone to do comp and open by mass storage and ther is a file .apt-archive-cache which i can open but doesnt contain much

ammyt
2010-12-30, 10:29
ammyt
im not sure what u mean by open on your pc (i connected phone to do comp and open by mass storage and ther is a file .apt-archive-cache which i can open but doesnt contain much

No, no, no, no, open Nitdroid's archive on your pc

bez93
2010-12-30, 10:31
I started all over again and it says "E: Package nitdroid-nstaller has no installation candidate" ....you people who are helping noobies like us ...will get a special place in heaven!

skoaa
2010-12-30, 10:33
ammyt
i apt-get install bzip n masage is this reading package lists.....done
building dependency tree
reading state information...done
e: couldnt find package bzip
i continued n everething was same as before
have u meant bzip2 maybe?

ammyt
2010-12-30, 10:40
ammyt
i apt-get install bzip n masage is this reading package lists.....done
building dependency tree
reading state information...done
e: couldnt find package bzip
i continued n everething was same as before
have u meant bzip2 maybe?

yeah, sorry ;)

skoaa
2010-12-30, 10:40
ammyt
im in android folder and ther is 3 more folders: data, .nitdrid and export contact (last one is my creation- just phone numbers)
what now?

ammyt
2010-12-30, 10:41
I started all over again and it says "E: Package nitdroid-nstaller has no installation candidate" ....you people who are helping noobies like us ...will get a special place in heaven!

enable all repos
apt-get clean
apt-get autoclean
apt-get update
apt-get install nitdroid-installer

skoaa
2010-12-30, 10:46
im in folder .nitdroid now and ther is file nitdroid008popov.tar from before n there is no nitd009 in it at all, thas this can be a problem

skoaa
2010-12-30, 10:54
ammyt
i try to install bzip2 but it was all ready there as a new version
i continued and everyhing was a before no long line of 3 min
I did it all while connected to pc

ammyt
2010-12-30, 10:57
Hmmmmm I wonder ehy Opera mini fails to connect, although it is reported as working.

skoaa
2010-12-30, 10:58
i cant find nitdroids archive???????????

M00NB34M
2010-12-30, 10:59
ammyt
i try to install bzip2 but it was all ready there as a new version
i continued and everyhing was a before no long line of 3 min
I did it all while connected to pc

Bzip2 Can't access your Internal Memory/NITDroid-0.0.9.tar.bz2 File whilst connected the your pc!!

Make sure you disconnect the cable and try again!

AND FOR EVERYONE ELSE, I FEEL SORRY FOR AMMYT AND TELE SAYING THIS, SO I WILL SAY IT ALSO...

THE PHONE FUNCTION IS NOT WORKING IN NITDROID YET...OKAY??

M00NB34M
2010-12-30, 11:02
Hmmmmm I wonder ehy Opera mini fails to connect, although it is reported as working.

Have to admit, Opera mini has always had issues connecting, especially to connections which have a Proxy change or require a browser based login to access the internet!

Try Opera on an unsecured network without any barriers to confirm that Opera is indeed working!

BUT try the other Opera, i can't recall i THINK its Opera Mobile, but one of them works flawlessly, the other one, not so much!!

skoaa
2010-12-30, 11:04
good job m00n :) let them know
i think that ammyt want me to be connected to comp

M00NB34M
2010-12-30, 11:14
good job m00n :) let them know
i think that ammyt want me to be connected to comp

Haha thanks :D

And well, look, its like this.

When you connect your N900 to your PC via mass storage or whatever, you basically disable access to the eMMC from the N900. Even when you open the file manager, eMMC isnt there!!

So therefore bzip2 trying to open a file on the N900 whilst the N900 is in Mass storage will fail, as bzip2 is effectively looking for a file that is non existent!

Dunno maybe i'v misunderstood what you are trying to achieve, but if you're telling bzip2 to decompress NITDroid-0.0.9.tar.bz2 and the N900 is in Mass Storage mode, it will DEFINATELY not work!

skoaa
2010-12-30, 11:21
moon, my friend
i now and you r right 100 percent, but my problem i bit unusual and ammyt trying unusual approach, i think :)

thx bro for looking out 4 me

Mohic
2010-12-30, 11:29
When will phone working?

M00NB34M
2010-12-30, 11:31
moon, my friend
i now and you r right 100 percent, but my problem i bit unusual and ammyt trying unusual approach, i think :)

thx bro for looking out 4 me

Ahh man my bad! Must have mis understood what you guys were trying to do :P

Just trying to relive the pressure from Ammyt a little haha!!

Hope you sort it out!!

skoaa
2010-12-30, 11:37
thanks bro

skoaa
2010-12-30, 11:42
mohic, is this mohich as a last name?
and full team of nitdroid ppl work on it, no preasure.

riceboy
2010-12-30, 11:45
this bites. i cant install the apk package of angry birds :(

tele
2010-12-30, 11:47
mohic, is this mohich as a last name?
and full team of nitdroid ppl work on it, no preasure.

decompressing the archive for you, so you can skip this step... upload will take time as its much slower compared to download :D

until then what you can try is

sudo gainroot
cd /home/user/MyDocs

sudo gainroot may do the trick which the root isnt...

tele
2010-12-30, 11:48
@riceboy
install the new kernel. as that fixes the issue with installtion memory...

skoaa
2010-12-30, 12:27
decompressing the archive for you, so you can skip this step... upload will take time as its much slower compared to download :D

until then what you can try is

sudo gainroot
cd /home/user/MyDocs

sudo gainroot may do the trick which the root isnt...

mornnig tele :)
sudo also not working, but thanks a lot my friend ill be patient

J4ZZ
2010-12-30, 12:42
Here's a small tutorial how to get Official Flash 10.1 (V10.1.92.8) for any Android 2.2 installed on NITDroid.
- Download here (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LCLJY2D4) and save it to MyDocs
- Then mount NITDroid to /and folder
mount /home /and
-Copy com.adobe.flashplayer-1.apk to /and/system/app
cp home/user/MyDocs/com.adobe.flashplayer-1.apk /and/system/app/
-Reboot into NITDroid and you're done :)

Greetz,

..::J4ZZ::..

shardul
2010-12-30, 12:50
I just did a final edit and check-up to the wiki,--
http://wiki.maemo.org/Nitdroid_easy_install_on_EMMC#Frequent_errors
-- to gladly anounce that e-yes and the elite Nitdroid team just released Nitdroid 0.0.9 codenamed: xMasDroid. Since this is just a minor update to 0.0.8, the instructions of installing it will only be posted here, nothing will travel to the wiki till the awaited Gingerbread is released :D.
As for the instructions, I would like to thank to mido.fayad and tele for contributing:

Changelog:
http://nitdroid.com/index.php?title=Changelog

Let's start:
If you installed Nitdroid 0.0.8 in /home, remove all Nitdroid files from /home partition, by filebox for simplicity, but don't remove maemo files!

Files to be downloaded:
Nitdroid 0.0.9:
http://downloads.nitdroid.com/e-yes/NITDroid-0.0.9.tar.bz2
Copy it to:
/home/user/MyDocs

Nitdroid's kernel:
http://downloads.nitdroid.com/nitinstaller/Packages/nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-06_final1_armel.deb
Copy it to:
/home/user/MyDocs

Installing NITDroid 0.0.9 to the EMMC:
1.Enable all repositories from App manager (Extras-testing, Extras-devel, Extras and the default Nokia)
2.Install Leafpad from the App manager and make sure that you have root access
3.Close App manager, open X Terminal and execute the following commands:
root
apt-get update
apt-get install nitdroid-installer
y
y again if it asks again
4.After the nitdroid-installer package is installed, close X Terminal
5.On your new X Terminal window, type the following commands:
root
cd /home/user/MyDocs
cd /home
mkdir /and
cd /
mount /home /and
cd /and
tar xvf /home/user/MyDocs/NITDroid-0.0.9.tar
dpkg -i /home/user/MyDocs/nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-06_final1_armel.deb
9. On Xterm:
leafpad /etc/multiboot.d/1 (then press tab on your screen
Your .item file shall open take a look at ITEM_DEVICE:, if you're using an mmc ITEM_DEVICE:${INT_CARD}p2 OR if you don't have an mmc ITEM_DEVICE:mmcblk0p2

Fixes:
Great fixes are included in 0.0.9, including airplane mode, wifi fix, and google sign in. In addition, some users reported that the app market already needs no fixes, but not with me, so let's keep this fix here. More fixes are included in the wiki if you needed them.

Alpha-numeric Keyboard FIX:
Very annoying problem is gone...
http://downloads.nitdroid.com/e-yes/omap_twl4030keypad.kcm.bin
1.Download this file to ./MyDocs
2.On Xterm:
mount /home /and
cd /home/user/MyDocs
cp "filename" /and/system/usr/keychars/

APP Market Fix:
1.Open the Market app (from the Home screen or app launcher)
2.Leaving the Market app running, return to the Home screen and open the Settings app again
2.Within Settings select Applications → Manage applications → Running (from Tab at top)
4.Scroll to select the Market app → press the Clear Cache button → then press the Force Stop button (Do not press the Clear Data button)
5.Press the back button (to go back to the list of running apps)
6.Scroll to select Google Services Framework → press the Clear Data button → OK (to confirm) → then press the Force Stop button
7.Return to the Home screen
8.Launch the Market app again, which will give an error "Attention an error has occurred..." → OK button
9.Shutdown by holding power button → Power Off → OK
10.Restart, wait for wi-fi to reconnect, open Market again (You may have to reboot several times and check Market)
The opening Market screen should no longer be blank, and many more apps (free & paid) should now be available. (Although apps can be downloaded, a few may still fail to install or run properly).

Kernel update for Nitdroid:
1. Download the kernel from http://downloads.nitdroid.com/e-yes/zImage.
2. Connect your phone using usb to your computer and copy the kernel over to the phone (paste it in MyDocs) open up filebox and navigate to where you copied the kernel and copy the zImage.
3. Now navigate to /boot/multiboot. There should be a file here called vmlinuz-2.6.28.NIT.06. Rename it to vmlinuz-2.6.28.NIT.06.old.
4. Paste the xImage and rename it to vmlinuz-2.6.28.NIT.06.
Now you have the latest kernel installed!

I Need Speed!:
The easy way:
Basically OC'ing is done by editing the OC profiles in ./etc, there you'll find 4 OC profiles. Delete the ones you don't want, and keep the needed ones.To modify your "needed" ones:
mount /home /and
leafpad /and/system/etc/"yoursomething"
The nooby side:
1. Install attached setcpu, OC, party :D

Kernel Power installation:
For people who want to install Kernel-Power:
1. apt-get it:
root
apt-get install kernel-power kernel-power-flasher
apt-get install kernel-power-bootimg kernel-power-modules
2. Using filebox, navigate to /boot/
3. There you should find zImage-2.6.28.10maemoxx where xx stands for kernel-power version.
4. Rename it to vmlinuz-2.6.28.10powerxx, then copy it to /boot/multiboot/
5.Open Xterm and execute:
cd /etc/multiboot.d/examples
leafpad Maemo-power39.item
6. Change the values to
ITEM_NAME="Maemo kernel powerxx"
ITEM_KERNEL=2.6.28.10powerxx
7. On the N900's keyboard, ctrl s to save the file.
8. Returning to Xterm:
cp /etc/multiboot.d/examples/Maemo-powerxx.item /etc/multiboot.d

For people who had kernel-power preinstalled:
Open up xterminal and type
root
apt-get install --reinstall kernel-power kernel-power-flasher
apt-get install --reinstall kernel-power-bootimg kernel-power-modules
apt-get install --reinstall multiboot-kernel-power

after this reboot your phone and you should be able to overclock maemo!

FAQ:
Why isn't the phone working?The other person cant hear me?The phone is not working in this version. It is under development, as soon it will work, I will update this page!
Does the installer do any repartitions?
No, absolutely no. It only downloads .tars, and extract them to the right place.
The phone stops charging when the screen turns off?You have to keep the phone awake while on charge. To do this go to Settings > Applications > Development > Stay Awake

Any more questions? Use the search the thread function. Still can't find it? Post it below :p
I am not able to install it when i type mkdir /and "Its say there is no directory"
Pz help

tele
2010-12-30, 13:20
I am not able to install it when i type mkdir /and "Its say there is no directory"
Pz help

are you sure you are root before typing mkdir /and?

M00NB34M
2010-12-30, 13:29
Is anyone else getting the problem which gives:

tar: cannot create directory 'system/lib/dsp': No such file or directory

tar: can't open 'system/lib/dsp/baseimage.dof': No such file or directory

I'v downloaded the NITDroid-0.0.9.tar.bz2 twice to make sure it wasn't a corrupt download :/ Untarred a trillion times but its failing, even tried bzipping on Ubuntu, but it tar doesn't like it!

Any ideas?

cedlmw
2010-12-30, 14:02
hey guys im having bzip2: data integrity error when decompressing nitdroid-0.0.9.tar.bz2. Any help please? :)

M00NB34M
2010-12-30, 14:18
hey guys im having bzip2: data integrity error when decompressing nitdroid-0.0.9.tar.bz2. Any help please? :)

I got this before, have you tried bzip2recover /home/user/MyDocs/NITDroid-0.0.9.tar.bz2 ?

IT MIGHT work.

If that fails, remove all the recxxxxx files, and delete the .bz2 file and putting it back on and try again!

If that still fails, which this did for me, i resorted to redownloading it. Worked for me that time round!

cedlmw
2010-12-30, 14:32
I got this before, have you tried bzip2recover /home/user/MyDocs/NITDroid-0.0.9.tar.bz2 ?

IT MIGHT work.

If that fails, remove all the recxxxxx files, and delete the .bz2 file and putting it back on and try again!

If that still fails, which this did for me, i resorted to redownloading it. Worked for me that time round!

thanks going to try it now :)

WildmanUK
2010-12-30, 15:18
Hello,

I'm not sure whats happening here.

I followed the steps and got it working had the multiboot screen at the start etc and could pick between maemo and Nitdroid.

This only seemed to last for one or two restarts though and now I get no multiboot screen it always just goes straight into Maemo again like its never been done..

I've tried doing the steps again and doing atp-get instal multiboot multiboot-kernel-maemo to make sure it was still installed correctly.

But this has made no difference.

Anyone else had this problem? or know how to sort it?

Thanks.

WildmanUK

confusedfella
2010-12-30, 15:18
Guys a lot of these problems can be solved if you look at the wiki and read the first post thoroughly. and double check each step it will save a lot of time for ammyt.

Abemelek
2010-12-30, 15:24
When I replaced the old kernel with the new one and try to boot in to NIDROID, it gives the guru error.

mido.fayad
2010-12-30, 16:31

Opera mini works without any problems and vert fast

agdroubi
2010-12-30, 19:04
do you think nitdroid with android 2.3 will be ready by tommorow???

ammyt
2010-12-30, 19:14
Is it me? Or did the hardware keyboard symbols got jumbled up after the keyboard fix?

tele
2010-12-30, 19:20
Is it me? Or is the hardware keyboard symbols got jumbled up after the keyboard fix?

it did, either install the old one or htc keyboard :)

ammyt
2010-12-30, 19:21
do you think nitdroid with android 2.3 will be ready by tommorow???

This is the feared question with the feared answer :p. If e-yes said yes then yes :D it will be available by tom, happy new year to all Nitdroid and Non-Nitdroid users :D

Au{R}oN
2010-12-30, 19:49
any guide to install it on a SD instead of the internal eMMC?

Veeka
2010-12-30, 19:51
Hey all! New guy here.... I have added the Tmobile's IPV6 Beta Network Connection which it's working and the download speeds are great. However, when I installed nitdroid it stoped working. I imagine its because they may have conflicting kernels. Has anyone been able to install both. I really don't want to choose between the two. Thanks in advance.

suihkulokki
2010-12-30, 20:09
No luck getting nitdroid working.. When booting to nitdroid, led will soon start flashing red and then android powers off. This is with fully charged battery. Googling shows others with same problem, but not any systematic answers..

Is there a way to disable starting bme on nitdroid?

N900L
2010-12-30, 20:23
is it normal that it doesnt showing flash videos in web pages?
and that i can make phone calls but not hearing or saying everything?
or that the app market doesnt contain games like asphalt 5?
please answer.
thank you.

tele
2010-12-30, 20:23
@suihkulokki
BMI is important without it the battery would only run for max 2 hours.
try reinstalling it, if it works...

@Veeka
its two completly different kernels. they cant clash. maemo kernel only runs when mameo is running, maemo kernel flashes,
when nitdroid is running, nirdroid kernel flashes.
they cant clash..... there must be some other problem..

tele
2010-12-30, 20:25
is it normal that it doesnt showing flash videos in web pages?
and that i can make phone calls but not hearing or saying everything?
or that the app market doesnt contain games like asphalt 5?
please answer.
thank you.

please use the search the thread function...

HammY
2010-12-30, 20:35
it did, either install the old one or htc keyboard :)

Anyone got a download for the original keyboard file ?
I copied the 'fixed' file over the top of the old one :( = lesson learnt

--
HammY

tele
2010-12-30, 20:46
Anyone got a download for the original keyboard file ?
I copied the 'fixed' file over the top of the old one :( = lesson learnt

--
HammY

hmm let me see if i can get that file by extracting the image!

one1002
2010-12-31, 02:59
hello..i have installed backupmenu (and also bootmenu-n900)..whenever i want to install nitdroid installer, it says "application bootmenu-n900 conflicts with nitdroid installer"..

how do i get around this?

tele
2010-12-31, 08:14
@one1002
uninstall backup menu and bootmenu. nitdroid wont work if you have them..

porselinaheart
2010-12-31, 08:25
skoaa, i think your issue is connected to wether u have bzip2 installed on ur n900?? i remember back when i was installing v 0.0.7 manually i faced the same msg, and had to do an apt-get bzip2 to install it on my n900 ( no idea why it wasn't natively installed already )

tele
2010-12-31, 08:29
@ HammY
I extracted the image and got the old keyboard file...
http://rapidshare.com/files/440079165/omap_twl4030keypad.kcm.bin

skoaa
2010-12-31, 09:38
porselinaheart
we already try that and it didn work but tex a lot lookin' 4 me:)

skoaa
2010-12-31, 09:41
sorry im tired :) thx 4 loooking out 4me

tubeat
2010-12-31, 13:15
i feel installing nitdroid on emmc is slower than on my samsung class 6 sdcard :(
how to unistall the nitdroid on emmc
i want to reinstall the 0.0.9 version
i tried to delete the /and, ended up with the phone fonts being square :(

tele
2010-12-31, 13:40
i feel installing nitdroid on emmc is slower than on my samsung class 6 sdcard :(
how to unistall the nitdroid on emmc
i want to reinstall the 0.0.9 version
i tried to delete the /and, ended up with the phone fonts being square :(

read the first page regarding uninstalling

e-yes
2010-12-31, 15:06
It is mistake to expect any stability from Gingerbread/NITDroid in first release. For instance, codecs are broken, so games like ASphalt etc. Wouldn't work.

tele
2010-12-31, 15:08
It is mistake to expect any stability from Gingerbread/NITDroid in first release. For instance, codecs are broken, so games like ASphalt etc. Wouldn't work.

thanks for letting us know e-yes :)

JR99
2010-12-31, 17:23
Ok I have read through the thread(well half of it :p). I just want someone to make this clear for me.

1)If I install nitdroid on eMMC,will it format my emmc?

2) Can I do a partition on eMMC separate just for nitdroid so that it doesnt interfere with my maemo files.(if so can someone please guide me the right direction)

3) When uninstalling this version for a new one do I have to format my eMMC?

I need to know these because I tried installing it 0.0.8 on my mmc, it got formatted and half way through I got memeory full issues and my phone really got messed up. Had to do a reflash.

I want to have a go at this but before I want to make sure it doesn't format my eMMC cause its the heart of my phone ;)

Please help

tubeat
2010-12-31, 18:24

is it possible on second release?? :D

tubeat
2010-12-31, 18:34
read the first page regarding uninstalling

on the first page only mentioned uninstalling from sdcard not from emmc
should i format my emmc??

agdroubi
2010-12-31, 18:46
gingerbread is realeased. happy new year. it is now on twitter 2 minutes ago.

tubeat
2010-12-31, 18:57
gingerbread is realeased. happy new year. it is now on twitter 2 minutes ago.

RT @drunkdebugger: #gingerbread experimental for #n900 will be released 01.01.11Happy New Year! via twitter for android :p

amritpal2489
2010-12-31, 19:29
eagerly waiting for it

hidetoshi777
2010-12-31, 19:33
Is out???????????????

amritpal2489
2010-12-31, 19:37
not yet... atleast i dont see it anywhere

ammyt
2010-12-31, 19:55
Sorry folks, I haven't reply to your messages lately , my internet got crapped the whole day (kill me :p), and I'm in a cafe right now, Nitdroid Gingerbread, released more posts added, and guess what, all of that happened behind my back :p :)
@JR99 Please, please, please, please, and please, all of your answers are covered in my first post! Please read the FAQ. Yes, you can have a separate partition for Nitdroid.

mido.fayad
2010-12-31, 20:01
hey all

all of us know about the new kernel but it was released as zimage

so i replaced the new kernel with old one and repacked it as debian package so it will be very easy to install as the previous kernel

quick how to :

assuming u installed nitdroid on home partition and u have multiboot installed :

download this package :
http://www.mediafire.com/?zmh7gvj626c6lrp

copy it to
/home/user/MyDocs

open terminal and write the following :

root

mount /home /and

dpkg -i /home/user/MyDocs/NITDroid-kernel-Mido.Fayad.deb

and now u have the new kernel without renaming or deleting anything

tele
2010-12-31, 20:05
hey all

so i replaced the new kernel with old one and repacked it as debian package so it will be very easy to install as the previous kernel

quick how to :

assuming u installed nitdroid on home partition :

install this package :

copy it to
/home/user/MyDocs

root

mount /home /and

If you overclock maemo then make sure that after doing this, not to reboot and follow the guide on the first page. "For people who had kernel-power preinstalled"
If you don't, you might not be able to boot into maemo as it wont appear in the boot list :)

ammyt
2010-12-31, 20:06
hey all

quick how to :

assuming u installed nitdroid on home partition :

install this package :

copy it to
/home/user/MyDocs

root

mount /home /and

Another hit by mido.fayad, thanks for repacking it! It is great having geniuses like you :D

amritpal2489
2010-12-31, 20:07
wheres d gingerbread???

ammyt
2010-12-31, 20:08
wheres d gingerbread???

1/1/11, the awaited day!

XxJacobxX
2010-12-31, 20:21
Great! I understand that Gingerbread will not be that stable, but is there any signs of a working ofono?

mido.fayad
2010-12-31, 20:29
If you overclock maemo then make sure that after doing this, not to reboot and follow the guide on the first page. "For people who had kernel-power preinstalled"
If you don't, you might not be able to boot into maemo as it wont appear in the boot list :)

the guide is for those who installed nitdoid so they must have multiboot installed

this only install the new kernel and add new item to multiboot

so there is no effect on maemo and kernel power at all and it's the same as the previous kernel package but here we have the latest kernel

i have 4 choices in my multiboot :

1 for stock maemo kernel
2 for kernel power 46
3 for android on emmc but when u insert any memory card in ur mobile
4 for android on emmc but there is no memory card inserted

XxJacobxX
2010-12-31, 20:29
Hmmmmm I wonder why Opera mini fails to connect, although it is reported as working.

I'm expriencing this issue too, I have a working wifi and web browser, but Opera Mini gets stuck @ the first quarter of "installing" then "fail to connect, please check your settings." This is really getting me pissed off, where are the settings that should be checked, aren't there any workarounds? Or having a way to skip that "installing" phase?

ammyt
2010-12-31, 20:33
I'm expriencing this issue too, I have a working wifi and web browser, but Opera Mini gets stuck @ the first quarter of "installing" then "fail to connect, please check your settings." This is really getting me pissed off, where are the settings that should be checked, aren't there any workarounds? Or having a way to skip that "installing" phase?

I hope I knew the solution, I love Opera Mini, but not having it working while all other ppl do is really a pain in the b*tt :(

ammyt
2010-12-31, 20:37
Tag: search broken?, you broken? Lol :D! Who added this?

hidetoshi777
2010-12-31, 21:31
1/1/11, the awaited day!

LOL

E-yes is a genious :D

cincibluer6
2010-12-31, 21:49
hey all

quick how to :

assuming u installed nitdroid on home partition and u have multiboot installed :

download this package :

copy it to
/home/user/MyDocs

root

mount /home /and

So this version IS Froyo right? I installed and everything seemed to work well (though I still only have 3 options for multiboot). Under installed version it just says "ASOP" so I really don't know.

mido.fayad
2010-12-31, 22:04
So this version IS Froyo right? I installed and everything seemed to work well (though I still only have 3 options for multiboot). Under installed version it just says "ASOP" so I really don't know.

now u have the new kernel

it replaces ur old kernel with new one so when u choose 3 from multiboot , it flashes ur new kernel

N900L
2010-12-31, 22:11
would be much better if calling would work so it can be used as an alternative os.
Reasons> If you are running nitdroid, people can call you but you cant answer because you cant say or hear anything.

This is a good handicap os.

F2thaK
2010-12-31, 22:17
so wheres the gingerbread? im hungry

LucianoBraga
2010-12-31, 22:35
Gingerbread tomorrow.

twitter.com/drunkdebugger

nanopavan
2011-01-01, 01:45
HI HELP HELP NEEDED>>>>

I tried to install nitdroid as per the first post in emmc. there was error while install the last step.

I rebooted, now I am unable to getinto maemo OS, in the multiboot menu only 1 option is shown without any option next to it.

Then I tried pressed 0 ...no use stil the problem...

Next I thought to flash it ( Windows 7) dont know I am unable to succed.

Please someone help me...

Ekih
2011-01-01, 01:47
Try pressing b worked for me. At least for me it boots maemo.
HI HELP HELP NEEDED>>>>

I tried to install nitdroid as per the first post in emmc. there was error while install the last step.

I rebooted, now I am unable to getinto maemo OS, in the multiboot menu only 1 option is shown without any option next to it.

Then I tried pressed 0 ...no use stil the problem...

Next I thought to flash it ( Windows 7) dont know I am unable to succed.

Please someone help me...

deny_winarto
2011-01-01, 06:25
Does anyone know why i can't save the APN settings?
I keep getting blank APN screen even after "Save APN"

Killahgold
2011-01-01, 07:04
Going to bed now. I'll wake up when there is the smell of gingerbread in the air.

agdroubi
2011-01-01, 08:43
its 11 am in lebanon, still no news from yesterday.

peacekeper
2011-01-01, 08:58
jajajajajajajaja man looks like we were waiting the new year not for it means but for the release of the nitdroid gingerbread. be patient boy be patient. here in my country is 01/03:00/11 and here i am waiting for that. this release will kill us. jajajajaja

TMavica
2011-01-01, 09:17
I am Hong Kong
Time now is 1/1 17:20 pm, LOL

sajjji
2011-01-01, 09:58
hi to all :d
happy new year

is nitdroid gingerbred with phone call and reply sms ? :confused:

ammyt
2011-01-01, 10:02
@skoaa, this should do it :D:
mount /home /and
cd /home/user/MyDocs
bzcat NITDroid-0.0.9.tar.bz2 | tar xvC /and

ammyt
2011-01-01, 10:04
jajajajajajajaja man looks like we were waiting the new year not for it means but for the release of the nitdroid gingerbread. be patient boy be patient. here in my country is 01/03:00/11 and here i am waiting for that. this release will kill us. jajajajaja

Yeah lol, jajajajajajaja ;), New Year sucks with no Gignerbread :p

ammyt
2011-01-01, 10:17
What time is it in Russia folks? :D

ammyt
2011-01-01, 10:50
OFFTOPIC: Holy Shi* I found the solution of my crappy internet! I didn't realize that there is a small reset button found under my wireless router! Here goes FREEEEEEDOM :D :D

N900L
2011-01-01, 11:00
I hope someday he will care a little bit more about getting the phone functions working like calling. etc.
When you use nitdroid everyone can still reach you but you cant answer.
So people who called you at this time will think that you dont want to speak with them.
Or you send everyone a sms wich includes >im on android so you cant call me for the next 2 hours.

amritpal2489
2011-01-01, 11:11
:( gingerbread for n900 not out na yet????
m eagerly waiting for it... n now m getting a little tired n restless....... :(((((((((

Nokia 5700
2011-01-01, 12:35
I'll be putting Gingerbread on a separate partition. Then I'll see if it works or not. (And I won't loose my data in 2.2)
That's what I do with my microSD card... xD

ammyt
2011-01-01, 13:10
Why can't Opera Mini work? :mad: It is starting to get on my nerves! I tried all Opera Mini versions and all of them fail to connect! :mad: What settings should I check?

apollovy
2011-01-01, 13:12
2011-01-01 16:11:XX MSK
Russia's here =))
We're patiently waiting for this god-blessed event to become true!

hidetoshi777
2011-01-01, 14:04
2011-01-01 16:11:XX MSK
Russia's here =))
We're patiently waiting for this god-blessed event to become true!

Yes! we're all waiting :P

plaban
2011-01-01, 14:10
I want to reinstall power kernel to use usb host mode.I've used these codes--

root

but this is not working

Nokia-N900:~# apt-get install --reinstall kernel-power kernel-power-flasher
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 2 reinstalled, 0 to remove and 10 not upgraded.
Need to get 2107kB of archives.
After this operation, 0B of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? Y
Abort.

I typed Y but it is getting aborted

What to do?

ammyt
2011-01-01, 14:11
root

this is not working

Nokia-N900:~# apt-get install --reinstall kernel-power kernel-power-flasher
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 2 reinstalled, 0 to remove and 10 not upgraded.
Need to get 2107kB of archives.
After this operation, 0B of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? Y
Abort.

What to do?

try to click enter without typing y

NADIM.MAATOUK
2011-01-01, 14:13
hi all.we all hate waitin.
btw a little off topic dnt know why the airplane fix isnt wrkin with me.is not havin a sim card in the phone the problem?

plaban
2011-01-01, 14:13
No,not working

ammyt
2011-01-01, 14:17
hi all.we all hate waitin.
btw a little off topic dnt know why the airplane fix isnt wrkin with me.is not havin a sim card in the phone the problem?

yes, it is. However, airplane mode doesn't cuts off wifi.

plaban
2011-01-01, 14:18
Is there any other way to reinstall power kernel ?

NADIM.MAATOUK
2011-01-01, 14:20
yes, it is. However, airplane mode doesn't cuts off wifi.

thank u ammyt.its not cuttin off wifi but every now and then it disconnects the wifi so i hve every like 15 min to reconnect.is that normal in this case.

ammyt
2011-01-01, 14:21
No,not working

Okay, this automated thingy of autogenerating a .item file for kernel-power is a bit lame. Try this instead:
1. install kernel-power from the ordinary appman
2. apt-get install kernel-power-bootimg kernel-power-modules
3. apt-get install multiboot-kernel-power
OR:
Procede with the steps on my first post

ammyt
2011-01-01, 14:23
thank u ammyt.its not cuttin off wifi but every now and then it disconnects the wifi so i hve every like 15 min to reconnect.is that normal in this case.

I don't know, this doesn't happen with me, but some users reported that wifi cuts off every now and then.