PDA

View Full Version : The Grand NITDroid Thread - NITDroid ICS Upgrade!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

amritpal2489
2011-01-11, 17:12
yeah.. they are...

raptoro07
2011-01-11, 17:15
Anyone else having superuser issues. I did the superuser patch and then installed Set CPU attached on page 1 of this thread, but It tells me I am not running as root, and said there is a problem gaining root access. Anyone know how to get around this?

mathina8
2011-01-11, 19:15
Usually you just press the camera key once quickly not slowly :)
But if it doesn't show in running apps don't worry just go to all and you will find Market and the Google Service Framework there and just follow the instructions on the front page of this thread then reboot and use my tip if you keep getting errors when trying to open the Android Market ;)

HEY AM Installing Gingerbread to the EMMC am struck in 6th step after changing to mmcblk0p2 i cannot save it why ??? and further unzipping the tar file it says no such file found blah blah.. can you help????? please

gnasgame3
2011-01-11, 19:23
just cant get video to work. rock player , default video player , astro file manger all refuse to play any form of video/

can anyone give me the slightest clue

thank y ou

mathina8
2011-01-11, 19:26
hey after this

Applying Updates:
Be sure that your update.tar.bz2 is in MyDocs, then do the following:
Code:
root
cd /home/user/MyDocs
bzip2 -d nameofpackage.tar.bz2

its says cant open input file gingerbread.tar.bz2 no such file or directory

can any one help

Psycho
2011-01-11, 19:39
just read on nitdroid fb page that they fixed strace and gingerbread would now be able to make real calls (with voice)
n new kernel version 35 has also been tested

does this also means that we are able 2 receive text messages sms and stuf ??

so we can finally install whatsapp for example ?

just 4 the fun of it.. even the real galaxy S dont have this..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFMTofYt_2g

bunanson
2011-01-12, 03:55
Hey all! New guy here.... I have added the Tmobile's IPV6 Beta Network Connection which it's working and the download speeds are great. However, when I installed nitdroid it stoped working. I imagine its because they may have conflicting kernels. Has anyone been able to install both. I really don't want to choose between the two. Thanks in advance.

Both installed and are working by themselves, i.e., IPV6 beta working on maemo, and nitdroid 0.09 working by self. No luck to make ipv6 going on nitdroid. Anybody?

bun

No_LiMiT
2011-01-12, 05:31
I'm still getting only free apps in Market, and not all for that(was looking for new Playstation official app). Is it possible this is due to my country or IP?

Tried fixes few times but they don't bring up more apps :s

Edit: There's no Paid tab on applications even, just free. Also tried market-enabler but it says Houston we have a problem :/

jerryfreak
2011-01-12, 08:25
Oh thanks for saying that, the Nitdroid team is working in a gigantic effort to get "phone features" working, patience!

woohoo! i have 0.0.8 installed and have been holding out for voice before i deal with upgrading. hopefully soon. major props to the nitdroid devs!

rahularora21
2011-01-12, 12:01
since ive installed nitdroid .8 on my n900, my "about product" in the settings has changed.
The Version no more says Maemo 5 but <unknown>
this happened to anyone else?
small non noticeable bug, but just wanted to know if its just me or happens to all phones in general.

kazuki
2011-01-12, 13:20
being able to go back n forth between maemo and android is definitely cool. i decided to play it safe n installed 0.0.9 instead of gingerbread. and since playing with android, i've learned to appreciate maemo so much more, n i have done so much less complaining. a shamed that maemo had to end.

on another note, i find one thing very annoying. whenever i'm switching back from android back to maemo, my battery status in maemo is always 0% even when it was well over 70% when i left android. i suspect it has something to do how android and maemo reads the battery differently. was there a fix for that somewhere in this 152 pages thread that i missed?

edit: i just tried and switched back from android again. i typed in the usual lshal|grep percen n it returns a 0%. i figured that doesn't really make sense. if that was true, my device should've shut itself down on its own. though it does keep giving me the low battery notification on the minute.

one1002
2011-01-12, 16:46
hurmmmm...i still can't use the market...

i installed the nitdroid on my internal memory mmcblk0p5..and the size allocated for nitdroid on mmcblk0p5 is 4GB..

i've read somewhere that nitdroid needs to be 2GB..does it mean i can't fix the market issue because the 4GB size on mmcblk0p5?

quoted from nitdroid website
The Android partition can only be 2GB, so you need to create a FAT partition that is so large there will only be 2GB left. The number must be in MB, example some recommended sizes are 1, 100, 2100, 6100, 14100, 30100. If its 8GB you can choose a number like 6100MB, if its 4GB you can choose a number like 2100MB. If your memory card is 2GB or below, you can choose 1MB as a number If you do not do this correctly you will not be able to use Android Market!

abhirajsoni
2011-01-12, 17:08
where is flash 10 in nitdroid.??? i didn't find it. :(

amritpal2489
2011-01-12, 17:32
does this also means that we are able 2 receive text messages sms and stuf ??

so we can finally install whatsapp for example ?

just 4 the fun of it.. even the real galaxy S dont have this..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFMTofYt_2g

we can already receive sms in nitdroid

ceroberts75
2011-01-12, 17:37
being able to go back n forth between maemo and android is definitely cool. i decided to play it safe n installed 0.0.9 instead of gingerbread. and since playing with android, i've learned to appreciate maemo so much more, n i have done so much less complaining. a shamed that maemo had to end.

on another note, i find one thing very annoying. whenever i'm switching back from android back to maemo, my battery status in maemo is always 0% even when it was well over 70% when i left android. i suspect it has something to do how android and maemo reads the battery differently. was there a fix for that somewhere in this 152 pages thread that i missed?

edit: i just tried and switched back from android again. i typed in the usual lshal|grep percen n it returns a 0%. i figured that doesn't really make sense. if that was true, my device should've shut itself down on its own. though it does keep giving me the low battery notification on the minute.

the battery issue along with maemo being so much better is why i even stopped trying to dual boot.

unless my device was plugged in, i could not run nitdroid. it would always flash my led red and start shutting down immediately, yet my maemo was just fine.

:/

never could figure out why...but it doesnt matter, maemo is still much more fluid and confy.

stlpaul
2011-01-12, 17:54
where is flash 10 in nitdroid.??? i didn't find it. :(

http://downloads.nitdroid.com/Applications/Flash101.apk

llBlackenedll
2011-01-12, 19:22
So I've installed these successfully, however I'm not too keen on it being in /home, I think I'd rather repartition the eMMC. However, it's hard to determine from the wiki (http://wiki.maemo.org/Repartitioning_the_flash) exactly which solutions are 1.2+ compatible. I wanted to do solution #2 (where you basically use fdisk to delete MyDocs then repartition its space), which from what I can gather, SHOULD work on pr 1.2+ because it does not appear to touch /home, however the wiki does not indicate that it is compatible. Could anyone clarify?

I was hoping to have a 21gb MyDocs (the same as it is, just smaller) and 3x 2gb partitions for other operating systems.

Armstrong Dicksmasher
2011-01-12, 19:34

I don't think this is a problem caused by Android.Possibly some kind of issue with the battery % read function?
Happened to me some time a ago.But before I attempt to take a look at the cause of problem I bricked my phone had to reflash anyway.

i installed the nitdroid on my internal memory mmcblk0p5..and the size allocated for nitdroid on mmcblk0p5 is 4GB..

i've read somewhere that nitdroid needs to be 2GB..does it mean i can't fix the market issue because the 4GB size on mmcblk0p5?

No.Market fix don't have anything with the disk space.Just try the fix few times.

kazuki
2011-01-12, 20:19

the market fix here seems to work fine for me. http://wiki.maemo.org/Nitdroid_easy_install_on_EMMC#Frequent_errors

No_LiMiT
2011-01-12, 21:44
I'm still getting only free apps in Market, and not all for that(was looking for new Playstation official app). Is it possible this is due to my country or IP?

Tried fixes few times but they don't bring up more apps :s

Edit: There's no Paid tab on applications even, just free. Also tried market-enabler but it says Houston we have a problem :/

Anyone got/had same problem?

hhmah
2011-01-12, 21:52
can someone help plaese i've got problem with my media player, it doesnt show the songes and videos i've got. i hv to use the file manager to open a muisc or video.
i rali rali need help
i did update and lost all apps but nothin change abt the media player, it doesnt show anything
thank u
btw i'm talkin abt maemo not android

llBlackenedll
2011-01-12, 21:53
So I've installed these successfully, however I'm not too keen on it being in /home, I think I'd rather repartition the eMMC. However, it's hard to determine from the wiki (http://wiki.maemo.org/Repartitioning_the_flash) exactly which solutions are 1.2+ compatible. I wanted to do solution #2 (where you basically use fdisk to delete MyDocs then repartition its space), which from what I can gather, SHOULD work on pr 1.2+ because it does not appear to touch /home, however the wiki does not indicate that it is compatible. Could anyone clarify?

I was hoping to have a 21gb MyDocs (the same as it is, just smaller) and 3x 2gb partitions for other operating systems.

In case anyone is interested, I followed the guide (but used my own values and created 3 partitions) and it was fine.

confusedfella
2011-01-12, 21:58
Is the gingerbread port faster and hangs less than the 0.0.9 build?

Psycho
2011-01-13, 00:53
we can already receive sms in nitdroid

can we also SEND sms ?

Armstrong Dicksmasher
2011-01-13, 03:25
can we also SEND sms ?

NO

When we can eyes will announce it for sure.
So for now just keep quiet & go play some Android games.

sentfromheaven
2011-01-13, 04:08
I know i read it somewhere, i think :S
but i cant find it again 153 pages is a lot..

anyways,
how do you fix the screen in gingerbread?
like when i play paper toss,
the screen is pushed up kinda?

where the n900 is written, its just black underneath.. its very annoying, because you cant see the whole screen and i love papertoss, is there a fix? or is it just the game?
rest is A'OKAY!

<3 NITDroid

kulas
2011-01-13, 08:51
I know i read it somewhere, i think :S
but i cant find it again 153 pages is a lot..

anyways,
how do you fix the screen in gingerbread?
like when i play paper toss,
the screen is pushed up kinda?

where the n900 is written, its just black underneath.. its very annoying, because you cant see the whole screen and i love papertoss, is there a fix? or is it just the game?
rest is A'OKAY!

<3 NITDroid

"Search This Thread" will be your partner my friend.. :)

cruster
2011-01-13, 11:23
I installed gingerbread on emmc but android stays on flight mode. I know that phone calls do not work but I'd like to see network working. Can't find anything similar in this thread.

sansar95
2011-01-13, 11:31
I installed gingerbread on emmc but android stays on flight mode. I know that phone calls do not work but I'd like to see network working. Can't find anything similar in this thread.

Long press the power button when there is power menu in that switch off the flight mode and as soon as it shows off then select power off and restart
this procedure work and i have done this couple of times

all the best

cruster
2011-01-13, 12:44
Long press the power button when there is power menu in that switch off the flight mode and as soon as it shows off then select power off and restart
this procedure work and i have done this couple of times

all the best

The problem is that as soon as it shows flight mode off it switches automatically on. Anyway, thanks for the help!

mrwormp
2011-01-13, 13:57
How do i delete apps that is install in nitdroid.
never mind solved

hoortiz
2011-01-13, 16:28
Someone have installed gingerbread and do the market fix, i didn't see some steps to follow.

brighi92
2011-01-14, 14:59
Hello everyone. I'm using nitdroid 0.0.9 cause is more stable than gingerbread (for now), and i can't install any app from the market.. why? When N900 is downloading an app it remain write starting download, but dont happen anything. Bye from Italy, and thanks for all :)

Captwheeto
2011-01-14, 15:29
@brighi92
I'm not sure if it's a nitdroid specific problem. Back when I had an android phone it did this and my friends' Droid X occasionally suffers from this.

If someone knew of a fix it'd be nice.

agdroubi
2011-01-14, 16:03
nitdroid 0.1 must be released tomorrow.

Captwheeto
2011-01-14, 16:59
nitdroid 0.1 must be released tomorrow.

What makes you say this? You've got my hopes up now :D

shreyans
2011-01-15, 06:10
hay can somone help me out i installed nitdroid installer n wn m installng gingerbread its nt gtng installed. m addng x terminal message plz cheak it out n help me.

BusyBox v1.10.2 (Debian 3:1.10.2.legal-1osso30+0m5) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

~ $ root

Nokia-N900:~# cd /home/user/MyDocs
Nokia-N900:/home/user/MyDocs# bzip2 -d gingerbread.tar.bz2
bzip2: Can't open input file gingerbread.tar.bz2: No such file or directory.

hav downloded gingerbread to documents of internal memory.
wt sud i do???????

n after installng nitdroid installer my power kernal isnt workng nor its getng uninstalled.
m really very sad help me.
email id - shreyanslunkar@gmail.com (reaply soon)

thank u......

shreyans
2011-01-15, 06:13
wt is better to install gingerbread or nitdroid 0.0.9

renowong
2011-01-15, 06:41
@shreyans
wait a few days for gingerbread. They've made some big progress over the pass couple of weeks.
As said on twitter, ofono is working as of a few days ago.

curryfun
2011-01-15, 12:15
Update 3 Superuser:

http://forum.nitdroid.com/index.php?topic=1044.msg4494#msg4494

Bratac
2011-01-15, 16:18
Hi there,

I installed Gingerbread and think it's great. However, my rootfs got full. i decided to uninstall but still have only 2% free, after disabling catalogs and doing apt-get.
My /and directory is still there so wondering if that's it but rm command doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

Keep up the great work, thanks!

agdroubi
2011-01-15, 16:31
@shreyans
wait a few days for gingerbread. They've made some big progress over the pass couple of weeks.
As said on twitter, ofono is working as of a few days ago.

Do you mean working voice calls??

preflex
2011-01-15, 21:44
hay can somone help me out i installed nitdroid installer n wn m installng gingerbread its nt gtng installed. m addng x terminal message plz cheak it out n help me.

~ $ root

hav downloded gingerbread to documents of internal memory.
wt sud i do???????

n after installng nitdroid installer my power kernal isnt workng nor its getng uninstalled.
m really very sad help me.
email id - shreyanslunkar@gmail.com (reaply soon)

thank u......
The file isn't in /home/user/MyDocs if you've downloaded it to the Documents folder.
do this and try again:
mv /home/user/MyDocs/.documents/gingerbread.tar.bz2 /home/user/MyDocs

salazar
2011-01-15, 22:14
I am kinda new to these things which is better and more complete Nitdroid 0.0.9 OR Nitdroid Gingerbread?

renowong
2011-01-15, 23:12
I am kinda new to these things which is better and more complete Nitdroid 0.0.9 OR Nitdroid Gingerbread?

According to e-eyes on twitter,
Gingerbread is now the mainline development (twitter jan 6 "#gingerbread will be mainline for #nitdroid development. THEY FIXED STRACE!!! :D")
So, 0.0.9 will stay "as is". I would recommend gb althought it is still in experimental phase. Also, as said earlier, it appears that the ofono API is working now.

renowong
2011-01-15, 23:20
Do you mean working voice calls??

Well, they didn't precisely said voice calls :D, but the ofono API is use d for Voice calls, SMS, Cell Broadcast, Supplementary Services and SIM Phonebooks, among others
ref : http://ofono.org/about

mathina8
2011-01-16, 07:42
gulys can any one help ?? is there nay altenative way of doing it through file box ??? my problem is as menationed below

~ $ root

bzip2: Can't open input file gingerbread.tar.bz2: No such file or directory

please HELP!!!

bunanson
2011-01-16, 09:05

if u r new, 0.0.9 is good enough n is much less demanding in installation.
posting fr android tablet a81e using graffiti. a handwritten recognition.

bun

pavi.kant
2011-01-16, 13:02
i have been using gb nitdroid fr about a week nw... bt wenever i switch on the browser and load any site the browser just shuts down at arnd 90% site loaded... anyone else has the same prob?

slai
2011-01-16, 18:08
Ive got a little question about installing to emmc.

Is it possible to create a partition out of the internal memory so that if I choose to remove nitdroid it wont affect the maemo part of my system?

Last time I installed nitdroid 0.0.9 and put Gingerbread on top of it, then tried putting 0.0.9 over THAT again and so forth it all went to ****, and wobbling around in xterm trying to red myself of nitdroid completely for a fresh install was pure hell and led to reflashing the entire emmc and fw =P .

So thus Im wondering if there is a way to test this out some way that would make removal clean and easy?

kazuki
2011-01-16, 18:25
i have been using gb nitdroid fr about a week nw... bt wenever i switch on the browser and load any site the browser just shuts down at arnd 90% site loaded... anyone else has the same prob?

i had the same problem at the start. to fix that, as soon as i started the browser, i stopped it, then i manually type in google.com, or if the page loaded halfway, just pick the desktop version. then go to settings and set that to ur homepage. no more crashing for me.

tele
2011-01-16, 18:28
Ive got a little question about installing to emmc.

Is it possible to create a partition out of the internal memory so that if I choose to remove nitdroid it wont affect the maemo part of my system?

Last time I installed nitdroid 0.0.9 and put Gingerbread on top of it, then tried putting 0.0.9 over THAT again and so forth it all went to ****, and wobbling around in xterm trying to red myself of nitdroid completely for a fresh install was pure hell and led to reflashing the entire emmc and fw =P .

So thus Im wondering if there is a way to test this out some way that would make removal clean and easy?

if you want to install gingerbread, uninsttall 0.0.9 or install or a different partition. Well this is recommended. and you cant install 0.0.9 over gingerbread :D
I'm guessing you used the rm-f command? should have deleted files using filebox...
you could repartition mmc and install on a diffferent partition or memory card.

slai
2011-01-16, 18:40
if you want to install gingerbread, uninsttall 0.0.9 or install or a different partition. Well this is recommended. and you cant install 0.0.9 over gingerbread

Hm it seemed earlier in this thread that installing gingerbread directly over 0.0.9 was a good idea, doe reasons I cant remember riiight now :s .

I'm guessing you used the rm-f command? should have deleted files using filebox...

Oh I did a lot of things. rm -f was not one of them. I just didnt realize that removing /and was a bad idea, I thought in my infinite stupidity that deleting files in that folder was riskfree, also it seems like a ton of files go out all over the place, and with no idea what to delete and what to keep it all went to hell =P .

you could repartition mmc and install on a diffferent partition or memory card.

Thats exactly what I want. Except the memcard, as I dont have one.

The question is: how do I go from me, who knows nothing of these matters, to actually achieving this =) ?

tele
2011-01-16, 19:48
that was because some of the files were missing in gingerbread. but now gingerbread has got 3 different updates which completes the missing files... so new installation is recommended

slai
2011-01-16, 19:51
Ah thats nice to know =) . But still seems a mess to remove if installed to emmc?

tele
2011-01-16, 19:55
not really, follow the instructions on wiki... and use filebox to delete folders :)

slai
2011-01-16, 19:59
Hm thats what I did last time ;) . Using Filebox. It was more the "what to delete" part that seemed weird. I deleted what the wiki said to delete, and **** got messed up on my phone. Like icons would disappear after I deleted certain files/folders. A lot of folders couldnt be deleted until I went down in the directory and found the specific file that refused to be deleted, and deleted it explicitly.

tele
2011-01-16, 20:04
hmm not sure why :D i've personally done it more then 5 times and worked for me...

icons would disappear - this is when you deleted your whole rootfs not just /and folder :D :D

slai
2011-01-16, 20:07
hmmm maybe I did something wrong during installation... ****it, Ill try again. Not sure wether to give 0.0.9 or Gingerbread a try, which would be the better of the two in your experience =) ?

tele
2011-01-16, 20:10
0.0.9 is more stable for games and also internet. accelerometer is nearly perfect :D
wait for the next release of gingerbread if you want to install gingerbread :D

salazar
2011-01-16, 20:52
What is the difference between Nitroid 0.0.9 and Android Gingerbread 2.3.1?

slai
2011-01-16, 21:00
Hm a quick googlesearch on the differences between froyo and gingerbread could sort that, I think...

nevermind i did it for you: http://www.gadget.pdamu.com/2010/12/17/whats-the-difference-between-android-2-3-gingerbread-vs-android-2-2-froyo/

xtcfarhan
2011-01-16, 22:18
how can i install both? gingerbread and 0.0.9
i have installed 0.0.9 and it always give me this error (android.process.acore) had stopped working, how to fix it?
secondly i installed Gangster 3.1.8, it was working fine when i installed it but now it gives me this error 'the application Gangster (process com.gameloft.android.GANG.GloftGANG) has stoppedn unexpectedly. HOW TO FIX IT TOO? PLEASE HELP

i tried reinstalling the game and even the whole android but first the game works fine but second time it gives me this error. HELP :(

salazar
2011-01-17, 14:42
"Your .item file shall open under leafpad. Take a look at ITEM_DEVICE
if you're using an mmc be sure that: ITEM_DEVICE:${INT_CARD}p2
OR
if you don't have an mmc be sure that: ITEM_DEVICE:mmcblk0p2"
My .item file didnt opened after this:
leafpad /etc/multiboot.d/1 (then press tab on your touchscreen)
only leafpad opened with no text in it and the file name is (1) WTF?And I DID everything as the tutorial says! What now? What should i do?

salazar
2011-01-17, 15:38
PLEASE HELP ME! (look upper post)

Descalzo
2011-01-17, 15:58
PLEASE HELP ME! (look upper post)

This happened to me. I closed without saving, went back to x-term, and followed the last step again, except I actually pressed the little TAB button on the bottom of the xterm. Pressing TAB autocompletes the command for you. The file you want is long and complex, but it's the only one in that directory that starts with "1", so when you press TAB it finishes the rest of the filename.

salazar
2011-01-17, 16:35
Thanks Descalzo! Where i can found Nitdroid Gingerbread update 2?
Here is only 1 and 3? http://forum.nitdroid.com/index.php?topic=1044.0

shardul
2011-01-17, 16:36
I have install nitdroid-0.0.9 and i also want gingerbread, plz tell me how can i install both on my n900

hhmah
2011-01-17, 17:27
any updates,, like making phon calls

salazar
2011-01-17, 18:03
1.How i can install setcpu?
2.How i can leave appmarket running while i go to settings?
3.How i can install apps from SD card?
I have looked answers to all these questions but i have not found one...
PLS HELP! And i agree i am noob :)

Descalzo
2011-01-17, 19:56
Thanks Descalzo! Where i can found Nitdroid Gingerbread update 2?
Here is only 1 and 3? http://forum.nitdroid.com/index.php?topic=1044.0

Don't know much about that. I haven't fooled around with Gingerbread yet. I've been busy and am waiting for something a little more automatic and less experimental.

tele
2011-01-17, 20:00
1.How i can install setcpu?
use file manager. install file mananger from market in android (after applying market fix)

2.How i can leave appmarket running while i go to settings?
open market and press the camera button. (it will close) then go to settings...

3.How i can install apps from SD card?

use file manager. install file mananger from market in android (after applying market fix)

gingerbread update 2
http://downloads.nitdroid.com/e-yes/gingerbread_update2.tar.bz2

salazar
2011-01-17, 20:17
Thanks very much for your help!
Btw, what does update 2 do/fix?

xtcfarhan
2011-01-17, 20:27
please tell me how can i install both? gingerbread and 0.0.9. i have a mmc. pleasee guyss

salazar
2011-01-17, 20:34
APP Market Fix:
1.Open the Market app (from the Home screen or app launcher)
2.Leaving the Market app running, return to the Home screen and open the Settings app again
2.Within Settings select Applications → Manage applications → Running (from Tab at top)
4.Scroll to select the Market app → press the Clear Cache button → then press the Force Stop button (Do not press the Clear Data button)
5.Press the back button (to go back to the list of running apps)
6.Scroll to select Google Services Framework → press the Clear Data button → OK (to confirm) → then press the Force Stop button
7.Return to the Home screen
8.Launch the Market app again, which will give an error "Attention an error has occurred..." → OK button
9.Shutdown by holding power button → Power Off → OK
10.Restart, wait for wi-fi to reconnect, open Market again (You may have to reboot several times and check Market)
The opening Market screen should no longer be blank, and many more apps (free & paid) should now be available. (Although apps can be downloaded, a few may still fail to install or run properly).

I pressed camera button but when settings i go Applications → Manage applications → Running there is not market app? Why? What i did wrong?

mido.fayad
2011-01-17, 20:42
@ salazar

u can find it in all instead of running

abbaszk
2011-01-18, 08:49
thank you for gingerbread...
i hv couple of problem after starting N900 with android...
1. unable to connect to wifi.
2. unable to hear sound when i receive any call.
3. unable to connect to data package / grps.

please help to run gingerbread smoothly.

mathina8
2011-01-18, 09:50
guys iam facing the below issues with Gingerbread

1)Camera Function Not Working!
2)Can't Play media file Songs Or Video!
3)no notification Sound is avilable like sms or keyboard sound etc.
4)Cant play Flash Content youtube nor from the website or Application ..
5) receive a call with out ringtone / vibration then no voice sound form both the parties..(i know the phone function is not fully functional)
market is showing only Free content and i guess its a old version (how to update?)

Dose anyone facing the same problem please help !!!

Regards

Reffyyyy
2011-01-18, 12:31
It really is unbelievable how stupid some of these posts are.

5spdvl
2011-01-18, 12:50
I gave dual booting into NITdroid 0.0.9 a quick go; got into it, but for some reason I had no cellular signal (guess the SIM wasn't being read) or wifi, so I couldn't get past the Google sign in. Meh, deleted it all.

salazar
2011-01-18, 16:58
How i can overclock Nitdroid Gingerbread with setcpu? Max and Min slider doesnt allow higher than 528mhz... How i can overclock it to 950mhz or so? I have installed all updates and poweruser. So how do you overclock it over 528 mhz?

coldwayz
2011-01-19, 02:28
Hey all,

I'm seeing a lot of people having the same problem as me.

I installed Nitdroid 0.0.9, and I was unable to get data/3g. so then I installed gingerbread. neither works with the data. I set up my APN, and I get nothing.

Someone! Please, help!

salazar
2011-01-19, 13:53
Why my screen is not full when playing some games? Theres black each side and bottom at screen?

dchky
2011-01-19, 14:30
i've personally done it more then 5 times and worked for me...

icons would disappear - this is when you deleted your whole rootfs not just /and folder :D :D

I've done it the wrong way, just the once :D

click click click - oops looks like I messed up the android install...
Let me do an rm -rf /and right here, then start over.

Er, wtf? WTF?

Backups are cool.

funkmunk
2011-01-19, 14:35
Why my screen is not full when playing some games? Theres black each side and bottom at screen?

You got to change the LCD density for it to show fullscreen.Please read this thread from page 140 onwards.It is mentioned by ammyt on how to change it...

funkmunk
2011-01-19, 14:39
Hey all,

I'm seeing a lot of people having the same problem as me.

I installed Nitdroid 0.0.9, and I was unable to get data/3g. so then I installed gingerbread. neither works with the data. I set up my APN, and I get nothing.

Someone! Please, help!

I have got both NITDroid 0.0.9 & Gingerbread installed on my phone and have 2G & 3G working fine & normal.Please check ur APN settings and remember to save them before you quit settings from Android.

salazar
2011-01-19, 17:55
My Android is a little bit slow and pretty unstable at 800-900mhz max frequency is this normal? How are yours?

tele
2011-01-19, 18:11
download taskiller from market. and use that to free up ram.
this will speed up android and games will be less laggy.

if you go into settings then application then running. close down the apps which are not needed. this would help your android to be more stable

agdroubi
2011-01-19, 18:42
My Android is a little bit slow and pretty unstable at 800-900mhz max frequency is this normal? How are yours?

my nitdroid is extremely fast, and very stable at 1150mhz. I think there is something wrong have been done.

Thargor
2011-01-19, 20:52
Can anyone offer any advice. I'm getting the following error when trying to dpkg Mido's deb.

dpkg -i /home/user/MyDocs/NITDroid-kernel-Mido.Fayad.deb
(Reading database ... 36508 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-06 (from .../NITDroid-kernel-Mido.Fayad.deb) ...
Android not found. MUST be mounted on '/and'
dpkg: error processing /home/user/MyDocs/NITDroid-kernel-Mido.Fayad.deb (--install):
subprocess pre-installation script returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
/home/user/MyDocs/NITDroid-kernel-Mido.Fayad.deb

Only thing i can decipher is that i need to be mounted on /and.

Double checked by trying again even though knew i had followed perfectly. Same error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Juanma9
2011-01-19, 21:54
i need help please! i tried every way of getting airplane mode off but i couldnt.. i tried the pin lock code, the x term commands to eliminate the ofono in the data directory, also tried to use the power control widgetbut nothing works.. any ideas ? i really wanna get airplane mode off..

Thargor
2011-01-19, 22:42
Gonna reflash. My Rootfs has been eaten up..

s.khiwani
2011-01-20, 08:58
Can any one please help me removing Gingerbread as I m not able to remove by typing
root
mount /dev/mmcblk1p2 /and -o noatime

when i type here it says no as such directory on /and

please advise.

Regards
Sahil

M00NB34M
2011-01-20, 10:48
Can anyone offer any advice. I'm getting the following error when trying to dpkg Mido's deb.

(Reading database ... 36508 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-06 (from .../NITDroid-kernel-Mido.Fayad.deb) ...
Android not found. MUST be mounted on '/and'
dpkg: error processing /home/user/MyDocs/NITDroid-kernel-Mido.Fayad.deb (--install):
subprocess pre-installation script returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:

Only thing i can decipher is that i need to be mounted on /and.

Double checked by trying again even though knew i had followed perfectly. Same error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I take it you're in Root yes?

And try this before running the .deb file:

mount /home /and

This should...well...mount them i suppose! But make sure you are in Root first!

Hope this helps!

salazar
2011-01-20, 20:46
How much faster is Gingerbread than Nitroid 0.0.9?
And second question when is next release or update coming?

m4r0v3r
2011-01-20, 21:58
for a reason everything stops unexpectedly. when I boot into android any idea why? this is with gingerbread. Also how would I have Android on my MicroSD card because it's eaten up my opt

ammyt
2011-01-21, 10:59
As most of you know, I stopped repling and answering to this thread, my internet is broken, and it still is :( I'm using my sister's BB to open the wold wide web :( :mad:

angelos_cy
2011-01-21, 15:43
Hello,
Nice to find all of you people here.
Thank you for this great tutorial.
I have installed successfully 2.3 to eMMC and configured Multiboot to boot from it.
But when I have my memory card inserted Multiboot tries to load from it Nitdroid and nothing happens.
What is the problem? Do I need to configure anything else to ingnore my memory card?

Thank you all for your great effort!

coldwayz
2011-01-22, 02:43
I have got both NITDroid 0.0.9 & Gingerbread installed on my phone and have 2G & 3G working fine & normal.Please check ur APN settings and remember to save them before you quit settings from Android.

I made sure that the apn settings were correct, even tried different sim cards. it shows signal, but no internet :mad:

suihkulokki
2011-01-22, 13:20
This time managed to get gingerbread to work. Now some questions.

How do I get astro file manager installed? The Marketplace cannot find it, and without a astro file manager installed, there is no way to install the astro file manager .apk from the sd. Kind of and chicken egg problem. Is there some alternative (command line?) way of installing apk files?

Second, the intertubes say nitdroid is "rooted by default". However, in the android terminal the "su" command fails with "no permission". On rooted droid2 when hitting "su" a popup appears asking if I should grant root to the terminal or not. How do I get "root" if not via su..

babyshamie
2011-01-22, 17:44
why does my applicatio manager say :::unable to install nitdroid kernel for n900

cincibluer6
2011-01-22, 17:46
I made sure that the apn settings were correct, even tried different sim cards. it shows signal, but no internet :mad:
Same thing here.

xtcfarhan
2011-01-22, 22:04
please tell me how can i install both? gingerbread and 0.0.9. i have a mmc. pleasee guyss

Anyone can help me with this? since im asking for the 3rd time

xtcfarhan
2011-01-22, 22:09
This time managed to get gingerbread to work. Now some questions.

How do I get astro file manager installed? The Marketplace cannot find it, and without a astro file manager installed, there is no way to install the astro file manager .apk from the sd. Kind of and chicken egg problem. Is there some alternative (command line?) way of installing apk files?

Second, the intertubes say nitdroid is "rooted by default". However, in the android terminal the "su" command fails with "no permission". On rooted droid2 when hitting "su" a popup appears asking if I should grant root to the terminal or not. How do I get "root" if not via su..

Connect to internet via WIFI or GPRS, open your browser and type this :http://www.freewarelovers.com/android/download/temp/1280424320_ASTRO_File_Manager_2.5.2.apk:

your downloading will be started automatically, If the download doesn't start automatically please click here. You will see a click here button.

There are alot of otherways too but i download it like this. Hope this helps you. :rolleyes:

richard.lawry
2011-01-22, 23:52
hey guys my network range is full but i am unable to access internet
anyone pls help me.... I am totally unable to use my mobile internet

richard.lawry
2011-01-23, 00:40
4 days of sleepless nights just for getting android installed... and now I am unable to access my mobile internet on android......

agdroubi
2011-01-23, 05:41
Is my feeling correct about nitdroid project nearing to death?

garywak
2011-01-23, 08:20
I hope Nitdroid project is not finished. Is there any way of finding out?

sansar95
2011-01-23, 08:35
Is my feeling correct about nitdroid project nearing to death?

I AGREE WITH YOU
After almost i think 1.5yrs we are not having one single version of working port.
The team behind should concentrate first to make call and sms working so that if anyone is using can be reachable.
Not every body is rich AND can afford two handset.
Then also all the best to NITDROID group specially e-yes for there wonderful effort

agdroubi
2011-01-23, 13:08
I AGREE WITH YOU
After almost i think 1.5yrs we are not having one single version of working port.
The team behind should concentrate first to make call and sms working so that if anyone is using can be reachable.
Then also all the best to NITDROID group specially e-yes for there wonderful effort

thanks for agreeing with me. Some people will think that we are not thankful to e-yes but of course we are. Some people may start silly comments too. We are talking the reality, and others are talking in a silly way.

n13903
2011-01-23, 15:17
Please, NITDROID group make it posible for the N900 users to forget about Maemo and be able to use one fully operational version of Android with great Google apps, voice calls, sms, gps and all features :)
We all hope that you are near with making our dream come true with fixes, debugs and updates on Gingerbread.
All the best for the NITDROID group.

met0001
2011-01-24, 06:43
hey guys.
just wondering how you guys are getting apps and games?
through market place? cause mine sucks.
had maybe 50 games in total and when searching games/apps hardly anything comes up.
so is their a fix for this ?
cheers brad.

cybermae
2011-01-24, 07:53
Should I partition my eMMC before I follow the steps listed in OP?

Also is it possible to follow this tutorial and install Gingerbread on a 4gb SD card in My N900?!

If it is,Should I partition the card or anything before I follow this tutorial?!

t4ure4n
2011-01-24, 13:56
I have a quick question:

In my nokia n900 i have only got ~65MB free space for rootfs and 980MB free for home directory.

So does nitdroid get installed in home directory?
Where do the applications which I install within Nitdroid go? home or myDocs.

It might be a silly questions but I don't want to loose space for Maemo Apps.

Captwheeto
2011-01-25, 13:19
I AGREE WITH YOU

Oh. Sorry. Where is your working port on android on the n900? Because it's so easy right?

Porting it in the first place was impressive. Now they have to deal with closed source drivers. 1.5 years is nothing when you have a job and others things to do with your life.

Switch_
2011-01-25, 14:45
Oh. Sorry. Where is your working port on android on the n900? Because it's so easy right?

Owned.

10 chars

raptoro07
2011-01-25, 15:46
Owned.

10 chars

Agreed. If you want Android. Buy an Android. But let's see it do everything N900 with Maemo can do. I can't find one.

benohit
2011-01-25, 16:03
when there'll be gps, fm, camera, call & sms, i'll be proud !!

lucas777
2011-01-25, 16:17
I AGREE WITH YOU

Ive seen people like you before, get a life mate. Porting what we have now is impressive, like the other guy said people have their own life and have things to do.

And he is spot on lets see you port over another mobile OS ... No i didnt think so

lucas777
2011-01-25, 16:18
Please, NITDROID group make it posible for the N900 users to forget about Maemo and be able to use one fully operational version of Android with great Google apps, voice calls, sms, gps and all features :)
We all hope that you are near with making our dream come true with fixes, debugs and updates on Gingerbread.
All the best for the NITDROID group.

Sighhhhh buy a f****king andriod phone if u want andriod.

lucas777
2011-01-25, 16:18
Why would anyone want to forget about Maemo? You guys are ******ed i would prefer maemo os over anything out now

agdroubi
2011-01-25, 17:07
Why would anyone want to forget about Maemo? You guys are ******ed i would prefer maemo os over anything out now

Do you still have any hope about maemo or even meego?? Android and iOS are the most popular and they are the future. Nokia is making a big mistake by not bringing androd on their phones.

p00ltergeist
2011-01-26, 23:57
Ive got a question about the nitdroid projects... whats the difference between the 0.0.9 project and the gingerbread project ?

Is the 0.0.9 version simply a improved version of the 0.0.8 one wich ive read is android 2.2 ? In that case I guess the gingerbread project is the one with all the latest aspects? wich one is the most flawless one?

thanks =)

matkamit
2011-01-27, 01:06
successfully installed gingerbread on n900, but i can't access internet using my gprs or 3g. why and how?

thanks

lorul2
2011-01-27, 02:29
successfully installed gingerbread on n900, but i can't access internet using my gprs or 3g. why and how?

thanks

Welcome to my World..:D

lucas777
2011-01-27, 03:49
Do you still have any hope about maemo or even meego?? Android and iOS are the most popular and they are the future. Nokia is making a big mistake by not bringing androd on their phones.

Why Nokia dont need Andriod.... Both iOS and Andriod are **** compared to Maemo, thats my opinion anyway yeah we dont have flash 10 and what not but multitasking on this phone owns both iOS and drioid.

lorul2
2011-01-27, 19:16

thanks

Wow, thanks to you I kept trying...

I checked all my settings made sure I had the correct APN settings, took out any " * " that I did not put in, and left it blank. My APN (T-Mobile USA) had a green circle in it, but it wouldn't work. went to the screen before Mobile network settings. Noticed Data Roaming was checked didn't remeber cheking it...:confused:

Unchecked Data Roaming , a "G" symbol appeared on the top right and VIOLA!! Inet through 3G now works!!:cool:

HOPE THIS HELPS!! GOOD LUCK!

amadeukaos
2011-01-28, 23:29
Hey guys!
My Dual Boot screen doenst shows anymore at the start
What should I do to get back the dual boot screen?

thanks!

babyshamie
2011-01-29, 04:08
why do i get this when i insert,,Step(6),installing Ni 0.0.9,,,this is what it says

Nokia-N900:/and# leafpad /etc/multiboot.d/1
acct/ dev/ lib/ sdcard/
bin/ etc/ lost+found/ sys/
cache/ init mnt/ system/
config/ init.nokia.rc opt/ tmp/
data/ init.rc proc/ user/
default.prop initrd/ sbin/ usr/

plz hheeelp

n900craver
2011-01-29, 04:29
hee,i booted from Nitdroid but its warning about Low Memory(that my storage is running out of space)..and i cant open any app,,it says ''sorry but the app must be closed'' every time i try to open any app

matkamit
2011-01-29, 10:48
Wow, thanks to you I kept trying...

I checked all my settings made sure I had the correct APN settings, took out any " * " that I did not put in, and left it blank. My APN (T-Mobile USA) had a green circle in it, but it wouldn't work. went to the screen before Mobile network settings. Noticed Data Roaming was checked didn't remeber cheking it...:confused:

Unchecked Data Roaming , a "G" symbol appeared on the top left and VIOLA!! Inet through 3G now works!!:cool:

HOPE THIS HELPS!! GOOD LUCK!

thanks, it works now

benohit
2011-01-29, 10:54
Hey guys!
My Dual Boot screen doenst shows anymore at the start
What should I do to get back the dual boot screen?

thanks!
keep your device opened after having powered on your n900...

matkamit
2011-01-29, 11:01
why do i get this when i insert,,Step(6),installing Ni 0.0.9,,,this is what it says

Nokia-N900:/and# leafpad /etc/multiboot.d/1
acct/ dev/ lib/ sdcard/
bin/ etc/ lost+found/ sys/
cache/ init mnt/ system/
config/ init.nokia.rc opt/ tmp/
data/ init.rc proc/ user/
default.prop initrd/ sbin/ usr/

plz hheeelp

have u press tab on ur screen after numeral 1?

babyshamie
2011-01-29, 12:23
yaa,i pressed exactly after D.1,any idea what to do,,i have tried to skip but i then realise that i cannot open any apps(tells sorry but the app must be closed when booted in Nit) and also the ''Low Memory warning'',

prattmic
2011-01-29, 18:09
I have installed Gingerbread and it is working fairly well, except that whenever I try to adjust setCPU, it crashes. I installed it from the first post.

EDIT: I fixed it. I had installed it by copying it to /system/app/, but it needed to be installed by clicking the file in Android.

babyshamie
2011-01-30, 02:10
can someone plz help,,i installed Nit on eMMC but it gives me a warning that i am running out of memory in the status bar,i cant install any app and every app i open closes,,its always saying" try to remove some installed apps to install" when i try to install any app.,,so plz help

matkamit
2011-01-30, 04:40
yaa,i pressed exactly after D.1,any idea what to do,,i have tried to skip but i then realise that i cannot open any apps(tells sorry but the app must be closed when booted in Nit) and also the ''Low Memory warning'',

sorry i dont see detail ur command..
i think u must go to root directory first to execute "leafpad /etc/multiboot.d/1"

i see at ur post, that u still in /and directory..

kjl642
2011-01-30, 04:57
Facing problem to install. plz help. After typing "dpkg -i /home/user/MyDocs/NITDroid-kernel-Mido.Fayad.deb" it shows "unable to open/create status database lockfile: no space left on device" & "E: dpkg was inturrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem'" But i have enough space on my eMMc(10GB free) & Micro sd(7GB free).

I'm new here so plz help

Jeryk
2011-01-30, 19:50
Hi, i have problem when i booting NITDroid. This problem:
init: cannot execve('/system/bin/mediaserver'): Permission denied
init: cannot execve('/system/bin/keystore'): Permission denied
init: cannot execve('/system/bin/dbus-daemon'): Permission denied

I find, the problem was with bad permission and i must set chmod, but when i use command "chmod 777 /and/system/bin/*" (where "and" is my memory card) and then i start booting, problem still here. :(
How i will fix it, please? Sorry for my bad english.

ercanmetin
2011-01-31, 12:50
I would like to ask...
since the cellular calls therefore the cellular data does not work on the nitdroid.. what you guys use to go online outdoors??(I am not looking for the answer "public wifi")

I have joiku on my symbian phone but the nitdroid never seems to connect to joiku(ad-hoc)

If anyone has a workaround that would be really cool to try!!...

lorul2
2011-01-31, 13:38
I would like to ask...
since the cellular calls therefore the cellular data does not work on the nitdroid.. :confused:

If you mean Inet through 3G it works. A few posts prior to this one we talk about it.

hhmah
2011-01-31, 17:54
any updates

rahularora21
2011-01-31, 18:56
I would like to ask...
since the cellular calls therefore the cellular data does not work on the nitdroid.. what you guys use to go online outdoors??(I am not looking for the answer "public wifi")

I have joiku on my symbian phone but the nitdroid never seems to connect to joiku(ad-hoc)

If anyone has a workaround that would be really cool to try!!...

3G works.
as a matter of fact all data transmission works
u can even make and receive calls.. its just the voice which is not working at the moment.

vinodhkumarss
2011-02-02, 10:22
Hi

Please help me below thing's.....

1. Is there any mandatory to install NITDroid 0.0.9 before install NITDroid Gingerbread?.

2. Installed NITDroid Gingerbread alone successfully not install NITDroid 0.0.9. Due to the reason, I didn't receive call's and also network not found in network setting?.

3. In NITDroid forum, mentioned cellular call working. is it working?

Thanks for your quick response.:)

dannydj
2011-02-02, 18:49
3. In NITDroid forum, mentioned cellular call working. is it working?

Thanks for your quick response.:)

yes but without any voice, so infact, answer is no..

vinodhkumarss
2011-02-02, 19:25
Ok Thanks.....

Please help...

But, I didn't found network signal. I searching network manually but its shows network not found. And also in Wireless & Network setting, "Airplane Mode" selected automatically even unselected.

da_nvncbl
2011-02-03, 02:40
another very easy fix to airplane mode without erasing files

open menu
then
open dev tools
then
open terminal emulator
then write the following in it

su
then
rr

hi mido,

dis myt b early as i hv jus read first 6 pages only of dis thread but want to tell u dt i hv installed gingerbread.tar.bz2 copy nitdroid on ma phone and now have issues with the airplane mode satying on all d tym plz plz plz tell me hw cn i turn it off as none of fix frm 1st six pages isnt wrkng for me to turn off d airplane mode, ur reply wud b appreciated or ne1 else's reply is also welcome

thanks in advance

peterleinchen
2011-02-03, 08:23
The answer to this is already out there in the world.
I also suffered from airplane mode and none of those technical fixes worked for me. But then I found it:
boot into Maemo and disable the PIN code query for Your SIM
reboot into NITdroid. done

Switch_
2011-02-03, 08:30
hi mido,

dis myt b early as i hv jus read first 6 pages only of dis thread but want to tell u dt i hv installed gingerbread.tar.bz2 copy nitdroid on ma phone and now have issues with the airplane mode satying on all d tym plz plz plz tell me hw cn i turn it off as none of fix frm 1st six pages isnt wrkng for me to turn off d airplane mode, ur reply wud b appreciated or ne1 else's reply is also welcome

thanks in advance

And now try that again, IN ENGLISH PLEASE

Turkishflavor
2011-02-03, 08:46
yes, I smell it, and it sucks lol maemo smells a lot better :D

kulas
2011-02-03, 09:19
hi mido,

thanks in advance

In ENGLISH:

hi mido,

This might be early as I have just read the first six pages only of this thread but want to tell you that I have installed Gingerbread.tar.bz2 copy nitroid on my phone and now have issues with the airplane mode staying ON all the time. Please please please tell me how can I turn it off as none of fix from the first six pages isn't working for me to turn off the ariplane mode, your reply would be appreciated or anyone else's reply is also welcome

thanks in advance

:D

vinodhkumarss
2011-02-03, 10:55
Thanks peterleinchen...

I will try again with PIN code disable and update u.

da_nvncbl
2011-02-03, 11:18
The answer to this is already out there in the world.
I also suffered from airplane mode and none of those technical fixes worked for me. But then I found it:
boot into Maemo and disable the PIN code query for Your SIM
reboot into NITdroid. done

hey thanks for the reply, i never enabled the pin code query for my phone since i bought the phone, PIN code query is just the same that is the default one and i dont know what are those numbers and i never enabled it the only thing enabled is device lock for my phone and i tried disabling it but its still not working any other suggestions???

n900craver
2011-02-03, 19:38
can anyone help:step by step how to install Nit 0.0.9 on sdcard(memory)...coz i have tried to install to eMMC but its says i "memory is getting low"when booted to android,, i have no clue whats wrong..so i wanted to try on sdcard (2gb) and see what happens..thx

punjabi38
2011-02-03, 19:39
installed rootsh and leadpad
when i type this line in x-terminal "bzip2 -d gingerbread.tar.bz2" it says "cannot open gingerbread.tar.bz2: no such file or directory
PLEASE HELP

m4r0v3r
2011-02-03, 19:45
you open the keyboard on booting

m4r0v3r
2011-02-03, 19:47
can anyone help:step by step how to install Nit 0.0.9 on sdcard(memory)...coz i have tried to install to eMMC but its says i "memory is getting low"when booted to android,, i have no clue whats wrong..so i wanted to try on sdcard (2gb) and see what happens..thx

For SD card I just downloaded the normal NITDroid Installation and let the installer work everything then formatted that partition with gparted and mounted /and and copied all the gingerbread files onto that.

m4r0v3r
2011-02-03, 19:47
when i type this line in x-terminal "bzip2 -d gingerbread.tar.bz2" it says "cannot open gingerbread.tar.bz2: no such file or directory
PLEASE HELP

are you in the directory were the gingerbread.tar.bz2 is?

punjabi38
2011-02-03, 19:48
i already have installed nitroid 0.0.9 but no iam trying to update it to gingerbread and when i type this line in x-terminal "bzip2 -d gingerbread.tar.bz2" it says "cannot open gingerbread.tar.bz2: no such file or directory
can someone please help me please?

punjabi38
2011-02-03, 19:51
are you in the directory were the gingerbread.tar.bz2 is?

yes that file is in my documents which is same as MyDocs
but it doesnt work

eciraje
2011-02-03, 22:03
why would someone install Gingerbread on N900 when the voice call is currently not possible.

da_nvncbl
2011-02-04, 03:19
PLEASE HELP

try downloading the file gingerbread.tar.bz2 using wget command in x-term, if you download the file on your computer and paste it in .documents on your phone it will not detect the file, also for your information you can try this to check if the file is in mydoc or not

/home/user: cd Mydocs
home/user/MyDocs: ls

ammyt
2011-02-04, 12:05
New updates added, custom emmcs added too, instructions on how to install each gingerbread update rennovated. (I just didn't want to repeat the word update)

kyllerbuzcut
2011-02-04, 12:32
might I make a small suggestion of something to add to the guide on the first page?

1. the instructions on how to un-install. I've seen a few people who have messed up and needed a whole reflash. This could have a list of the typical folders that it is safe to delete or keep.

2. the instructions on how to repartition without the need to flash, which also means you don't wipe any data and it's all done in 10 to 15 minutes.

No_LiMiT
2011-02-04, 16:43
Can anyone tell me how to uninstall from emmc without formating?
Followed guide on first page to install and all is well but I want to remove it for now, so which files do I manually delete etc etc?

funkmunk
2011-02-04, 16:56
Can anyone tell me how to uninstall from emmc without formating?
Followed guide on first page to install and all is well but I want to remove it for now, so which files do I manually delete etc etc?

Read the Wiki on how to Uninstall NITDroid..It is given in that all the files that you have to delete to completely uninstall it..

No_LiMiT
2011-02-04, 17:46
I did but just making sure I can safely delete all those so I don't screw maemo too.

funkmunk
2011-02-04, 18:50
I did but just making sure I can safely delete all those so I don't screw maemo too.

yes u can safely delete all those that are given in the Wiki as normal Maemo has only 4 folders in there that should not be deleted.

wazd
2011-02-05, 00:53
First of all, my jaw is totally dropped cause of your work, just amazing!

It's really insane to dig thru all of the 167 pages, so I'm sorry if that problem has been solved before :) Everything is working good except strange wi-fi issue. It connects just fine, signal strength is good, but nothing actually work, like browser, showing me connection error message or widgets. Was there any similar case?

I've WPA encryption and I've tried totally open AP - same stuff. My router is Asus wl500gP, for that matter.

And thank you again, that's trully an amazing job :)

sasukepl
2011-02-05, 08:05
i insttal fakegps and keyboard but gps not work. work only keyboard.

wazd
2011-02-05, 08:56
Ok, some updates on my wifi problem, n900 is actually able to log into the router web interface. But still unable to reach any website :(

ammyt
2011-02-05, 09:48
Ok, some updates on my wifi problem, n900 is actually able to log into the router web interface. But still unable to reach any website :(

Try to disable your encryption, and see what happens.

ammyt
2011-02-05, 09:57
i insttal fakegps and keyboard but gps not work. work only keyboard.

As its name suggests FAKEgps...what do you expect?
Uninstalling instructions added...

wazd
2011-02-05, 10:27
Try to disable your encryption, and see what happens.
I've just tried totally opened AP without any kind of encryption - same thing :(

babyshamie
2011-02-05, 10:42
plz guys,why does Nitdroid show "that i am running out of Memory",every app i open closes itself,,i installed it on my eMMC,,and i have much memory on my phone..help its so annoying

HammY
2011-02-05, 10:45

Connecting wirelessly to your router confirms that your WiFi connection is valid.

The problem may be DNS. Try pinging a remote server (e.g. www.google.com) from another computer then noting it's IP address try the same on your N900 - if pinging the hostname fails and pinging the IP address works, then your N900 has not obtained a valid DNS address(s) from your router's DHCP service.

--
HammY

richard.lawry
2011-02-05, 15:10
seems like no one is doing any further work to fix voice during calls....
i have already uninstalled nitdroid and wont use it untill someone fixex the voice issue....
bye bye to this forum

agdroubi
2011-02-05, 15:14
today i am selling my n900 to buy an htc hd2. i had a wonderful time with you guys. Tanks to you all.

ammyt
2011-02-05, 15:47
today i am selling my n900 to buy an htc hd2. i had a wonderful time with you guys. Tanks to you all.

If I were you, I would go with the Desire HD, I love it.

ercanmetin
2011-02-05, 16:09
3G works.
as a matter of fact all data transmission works
u can even make and receive calls.. its just the voice which is not working at the moment.

Hi, a while back you responded to my post
can you tell me how to make the 3g data work on nitdroid?

ercanmetin
2011-02-05, 16:10
anybody knows how to reclaim more space for applications on Nitdroid...
currently I cannot install any apps
it says it is low on space...

ammyt
2011-02-05, 16:38
anybody knows how to reclaim more space for applications on Nitdroid...
currently I cannot install any apps
it says it is low on space...

this is mostly due to conflicts in your emmc. Try hooking ur device usb mass storage mode in maemo 5 to your pc and right click it then chec for errors. Also go to settings--> memory and check your memory for installable apps

ammyt
2011-02-05, 16:40
to be honest i've never used 3g, nor know a thing about it and all that dat plan stuff. I always use wifi as an access point

ercanmetin
2011-02-05, 17:18
this is mostly due to conflicts in your emmc. Try hooking ur device usb mass storage mode in maemo 5 to your pc and right click it then chec for errors. Also go to settings--> memory and check your memory for installable apps

i did those but did not fix anything... a while back I repartitioned the mmc to install nitdroid (old version) to sd card.. now I honestly dont know how to repartition t back to its original size (8gb)
i now have nitdroid on phone memory If someone could walk me thru I will repartition my sd card back to 8GB

Alfred
2011-02-05, 21:06
go back to maemo, and click format on ur sd card in default file manager, but that will eventually erase all ur sdcard data

ercanmetin
2011-02-06, 14:28
go back to maemo, and click format on ur sd card in default file manager, but that will eventually erase all ur sdcard data

that was easy!! thanks..

Alfred
2011-02-06, 14:36
not at all.

hotkolbas
2011-02-08, 01:54
OK guys im having an issue with installing NITDroid, if you can help a n900 user out that will be much appreciated.

ok i have gone and got this link.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=66459&highlight=NITDroid

now i had a major issue that when running this:

root
cd /home/user/MyDocs
bzip2 -d NITDroid-0.0.9.tar.bz2
cd /home
mkdir /and
cd /
mount /home /and
cd /and
tar xvf /home/user/MyDocs/NITDroid-0.0.9.tar

it installed the .tar into my rootfs, then the error saying i do not have enough free space.
the first time i didnt relise this and put in the last step:

leafpad /etc/multiboot.d/1

and it went through to open leafpad but there was nothing there.

just to let you know i want to install NITDroid on a MMC.

i have gotten rid of the junk in the rootfs and is all back to normal, actually have saved some space now im running at 84.28 mb free. (via conky).

kingoddball
2011-02-08, 02:20
got xTerm: Type df -h / Tell me the space left.

hotkolbas
2011-02-08, 03:10
went through conky and it was 0.0mb left. did a df -h to confirm used space 100% free space 0% so to say.

PermanentX
2011-02-09, 19:24
can someone plz help me. I wanted to remove gingerbread to install 0.0.9, so I used the tutorial at Xuggs blog.
mount /home /and
cd /and
rm -rf *
But than I noticed it was removing the /home folder, so I quickly shutdown the phone. After I restarted it I only saw the wallpaper en the menubutton all purple.
is there a way to restore it :S

raptoro07
2011-02-09, 21:05
reflash.
10 chars.

PermanentX
2011-02-09, 21:31
I've reflashed it. now everything is working fine =)

achusaysblessyou
2011-02-10, 07:05
Hey guys i need a little help. So i followed the instructions straight through installation of Gingerbread on my eMMC and after rebooting and trying to get into android, it tries to boot 2.3, but then it fails and i see alot of failure messages but the last thing it says is :

critical process 'service manager' exited 4 times in 4 minutes: <then something about starting recovery mode>

then the phone immediately reboots. I have also installed multiboot for the power-kernel (for overclocking) and i have 3 entries in my boot screen(omap kernel, power kernel and nitdroid).

Does this not work with the power-kernel? Did i do something wrong?

Thanks!

Thargor
2011-02-10, 22:28
Just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone involved in making NITDroid so easy to install. I got my 8gb Samsung Class6 yesterday and installed 0.0.8 using the autoinstaller in 15 mins (thanks to DjSteve and e-yes). And it ran very smoothly without any lag.
Today i decided to update to 0.0.9, this time took 5min (thanks to this tutorial and Xuggs http://xuggs.blogspot.com/2010/12/nitdroid-009-xmasdroid.html). The bug fixes all worked like a charm, and everytime i have googled a question i may have, i've been directed to this site.
All in all the whole thing has been incredibly easy, and it is in no small part due to threads like this.
Regards
Stefan

skoaa
2011-02-11, 01:08
hay ammyt

i would like to increase my application memory but those custom emmc images on first page are in zip files. can you explain how to use tham.

thx

mido.fayad
2011-02-11, 02:33
hay ammyt

i would like to increase my application memory but those custom emmc images on first page are in zip files. can you explain how to use tham.

thx

simply , unpack it to get the image

i packed it only to be able to upload it to the site as mediafire gives me 200 megabyte maximum size of the file

skoaa
2011-02-11, 05:22
simply , unpack it to get the image

i packed it only to be able to upload it to the site as mediafire gives me 200 megabyte maximum size of the file

thx mido, ill try

skoaa
2011-02-11, 05:26
hey mido one more thing: am i going to lose my date after flashing?

Temporal
2011-02-11, 05:44
Hi, sorry if I'm being lazy, but if someone remember, can someone say (or point me to the post with the explanation) what will happen if I try to install Gingerbread while I already have Power Kernel installed? I mean, will anything bad happen, can somewhat, should be as good as with the stock kernel (I'm afraid that while booting, something bad can happen like not recognizing kernels or something)?

Thank you!

jerryfreak
2011-02-11, 06:18
here ya go, second post down (mido)

works like a charm

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=67866&page=2

Hi, sorry if I'm being lazy, but if someone remember, can someone say (or point me to the post with the explanation) what will happen if I try to install Gingerbread while I already have Power Kernel installed? I mean, will anything bad happen, can somewhat, should be as good as with the stock kernel (I'm afraid that while booting, something bad can happen like not recognizing kernels or something)?

Thank you!

Armand360
2011-02-11, 08:01
i'm not sure if i have successfully updated to 0.0.9 (i manually installed it on my memory card, but it didn't indicate any form of success), but i think based on questions, you guys can tell me right which version i have?

1. can the main menu rotate landscape? the rest of the applications can, but the main menu doesn't rotate.

2. when does the vibration work? in my phone it kicks in whenever i hold the power button and when i type on the onscreen keyboard.

3. why can't i disable the airplane mode? i'm using my N900 offline (no sim card), so will it automatically activate to airplane mode whenever there's no sim card?

4. why does the browser keep crashing?

quackers
2011-02-11, 10:24
It says in the instructions

Nitdroid 0.0.9:
http://downloads.nitdroid.com/e-yes/...-0.0.9.tar.bz2

OR

Nitdroid Gingerbread:
http://downloads.nitdroid.com/e-yes/gingerbread.tar.bz2

Whats the difference?

Supersimo88
2011-02-11, 13:38
I've got nitdroid gingerbread fully working on my sd card but is pretty slow, how can i transport it to the emmc?
thx

ammyt
2011-02-11, 13:52
It says in the instructions

Nitdroid 0.0.9:
http://downloads.nitdroid.com/e-yes/...-0.0.9.tar.bz2

OR

Nitdroid Gingerbread:
http://downloads.nitdroid.com/e-yes/gingerbread.tar.bz2

Whats the difference?

Gingerbread is the latest build of Nitdroid based on android Gingerbread, and 0.0.9 is the latest build of froyo Nitdroid.

Supersimo88
2011-02-11, 14:05
I've got nitdroid gingerbread fully working on my sd card but is pretty slow, how can i transport it to the emmc?
thx
I've read someone that mention thee step 7 but ther is nothing like any step 7 ine the first post guide

ammyt
2011-02-11, 14:11
thx

root
mount /dev/mmcblk1p2 /and
cp -rp /and/* /home
leafpad /etc/multiboot.d/11 (then tap the tab button, .item file will show, hit enter to open it in Leafpad).
Edit .item file to look like this:
ITEM_NAME="NITdroid on MMCp2 - 2.6.28.NIT.06"
ITEM_KERNEL=2.6.28.NIT.06
ITEM_MODULES=ext3 fat vfat
ITEM_DEVICE=${INT_CARD}p2
ITEM_FSTYPE=ext3
ITEM_FSOPTIONS=rw,noatime,errors=remount-ro,commit=3
EOF

jerryfreak
2011-02-12, 03:44
i just deleted 0.0.8 and installed gingerbread followed by mido's backupmenu-multiboot_0.11

installed on emmc

both the stock and power46 kernels boot fine but upon booting android i get the root filesystem mmcblk0p2 not available
guru meditation (blah blah blah)

my item file looks like:

ITEM_NAME="NITDroid 2.6.28.NIT.06 on mmcblk0p2"
ITEM_MODULES=ext3
ITEM_DEVICE=mmcblk0p2
ITEM_FSTYPE=ext3
ITEM_FSOPTIONS=rw,noatime,errors=remount-ro

all searchs ive done point to this file as the problem, but ive checked it and it seems ok. any tips?

peterleinchen
2011-02-12, 18:12
Hey.
It looks OK (for booting Nitdroid without EXTCARD installed), but I assume You do have an SD card in Your device?
Then try changing this line
ITEM_DEVICE=mmcblk0p2
to

And I do see other difference, but not sure about their responsibility. Please see my files (all working):

~ $ cat /etc/multiboot.d/10-NITDroid-mmcblk0p2-2.6.28.NIT.06.item
ITEM_NAME="NITDroid 2.6.28.NIT.06 on mmcblk0p2"
ITEM_FSTYPE=ext3

~ $ cat /etc/multiboot.d/100-NITDroid-mmcblk0p2-noSD-2.6.28.NIT.06.item
ITEM_NAME="NITDroid 2.6.28.NIT.06 on mmcblk0p2 no SD"
ITEM_DEVICE=mmcblk0p2
ITEM_FSTYPE=ext3

~ $ cat /etc/multiboot.d/11-NITDroid-mmcblk1p2-2.6.28.NIT.06.item
ITEM_NAME="NITDroid 2.6.28.NIT.06 on mmcblk1p2"
ITEM_MODULES=ext3
ITEM_DEVICE=${EXT_CARD}p2
ITEM_FSTYPE=ext3

jerryfreak
2011-02-12, 20:07
i do have an sd card in there, but i (thought i) installed it to emmc using the instructions on the first page. the other 0.0.8 install worked fine on emmc, and i have another n900 with 0.0.9 on the emmc as well. cant remember if i had the card i when i installed nitdroid on those though

elie-7
2011-02-14, 10:01
here will nitdroid run faster on the internal memory or on a class 10 sundisk ???

arono
2011-02-14, 19:44
Should I install 0.09 or Gingerbread on internal memory? Also how much space will android have available, is the emmc images necessary ?

aboudyba16
2011-02-14, 19:44
hey bro
ma pro is that when i "tar xvf /home....0.0.9.tar" it gives me :
tar: cannot remove old file etc: it is a directory
i skipped that and completed the installation i booted nitdroid it freezes on android boot screen
thanks regard

da_nvncbl
2011-02-15, 07:10
all rite i had to reflash my device after successfully using nitdroid on n900 and after reflash i have noticed that I am not able to install enhanced kernel or it settings or kernel maemo flasher to change the kernels as it gives me the error message as conflict with packages: kernel-modules-maemo
kernel-maemo
any suggestions or help plzzzzz as I am not able to overclock my phone as i cannot install the enhanced kernel

tele
2011-02-15, 07:34
all rite i had to reflash my device after successfully using nitdroid on n900 and after reflash i have noticed that I am not able to install enhanced kernel or it settings or kernel maemo flasher to change the kernels as it gives me the error message as conflict with packages: kernel-modules-maemo
kernel-maemo
any suggestions or help plzzzzz as I am not able to overclock my phone as i cannot install the enhanced kernel

use the guide on the first page about overclocking maemo..

tele
2011-02-15, 07:37
here will nitdroid run faster on the internal memory or on a class 10 sundisk ???

it will be just as fast as internal memory, you wont feel much difference.. however the battery life isnt great on memory card..

@arono it is recommended to install gingerbread from scratch howver you can install over 0.0.9 but dont blame me if anything goes wrong

da_nvncbl
2011-02-15, 15:20
use the guide on the first page about overclocking maemo..

thanks for reply but I know how to overclock it but the problem is to overclock n900 on maemo you need enhanced kernel which I am not able to download because of the conflicts with kernel-maemo-modules, kernel-maemo, can you help on that to me????

actiii
2011-02-16, 15:50
Hi,

I have a problem. I just did a step

Installing Gingerbread to the EMMC:
root
apt-get update
apt-get install nitdroid-installer
y
y again if it asks again

and after I turned off my mobile phone by mistake (using maemo 5). And now if I want turn on N900, there is a message

NOKIA N900 - MULTIBOT
press a key to select
1 - Maemo 2.6.28-omap1

If I press anything nothing happen. Mobile can't connect by usb, because is in offline mode. I can't use N900, I can't turn on mobile.

Please help, I am not a professional.

Rob1n
2011-02-16, 15:53
Hi,

I have a problem. I just did a step

Installing Gingerbread to the EMMC:
root
apt-get update
apt-get install nitdroid-installer
y
y again if it asks again

and after I turned off my mobile phone by mistake (using maemo 5). And now if I want turn on N900, there is a message

NOKIA N900 - MULTIBOT
press a key to select
1 - Maemo 2.6.28-omap1

If I press anything nothing happen. Mobile can't connect by usb, because is in offline mode. I can't use N900, I can't turn on mobile.

Please help, I am not a professional.

Firstly, do you get the same message if you start up with the keyboard closed? Secondly, what happens if you press "0" at the boot menu?

actiii
2011-02-16, 16:00
I have already done it, thanks..

I had to press 1 on keyboard and now I am back in Maemo.

ammyt
2011-02-16, 16:17
thanks for reply but I know how to overclock it but the problem is to overclock n900 on maemo you need enhanced kernel which I am not able to download because of the conflicts with kernel-maemo-modules, kernel-maemo, can you help on that to me????

Firstly let's get things straight. This conflict did not result from installing Nitdroid as a reflash should eliminate Nitdroid completely. Secondly, even if Nitdroid is still installed you can't get that kernel confict. Now, to solve your problems, I recommend a flash or try this (may brick it):
root
apt-get -f install
Type this exactly as shown without anything after install.

actiii
2011-02-16, 16:18
I have next question. Autor write that the file http://downloads.nitdroid.com/e-yes/gingerbread.tar.bz2 have to be save in home/user/MyDocs. If I download a file I save it to N900/Documents by the computer. So If I after type to X term frase

cd /home/user/MyDocs
bzip2 -d gingerbread.tar.bz2

it writes

How to save a file to /home/user/MyDocs. Or what i have to do? I dont understand, thx.

ammyt
2011-02-16, 16:19

It will run as 98% efficient and fast as Maemo 5 does. :D

ammyt
2011-02-16, 16:21
Should I install 0.09 or Gingerbread on internal memory? Also how much space will android have available, is the emmc images necessary ?

Nitdroid will barely take 90 MB of space, but you shall need the custom EMMC if you use preenv, and, bigger is better :D

ammyt
2011-02-16, 16:24
I have next question. Autor write that the file http://downloads.nitdroid.com/e-yes/gingerbread.tar.bz2 have to be save in home/user/MyDocs. If I download a file I save it to N900/Documents by the computer. So If I after type to X term frase

cd /home/user/MyDocs
bzip2 -d gingerbread.tar.bz2

it writes

How to save a file to /home/user/MyDocs. Or what i have to do? I dont understand, thx.
I assume that you pasted the file in N900/.documents under your computer, but that's totally wrong. MyDocs is the root directory of your N900 under your PC. That is, just hook up your device to your PC, open it, then directly paste it there. Otherwise you can do it on Xterm:
root
It may not show clearly, but after typing gingerbread.tar.bz2 hit spacebar then continue typing /home/.............

actiii
2011-02-16, 16:53
Sorry for my idiot reply, but I still don't understand. So again, I connect N900 to computer by the USB. On N900 I click on PC Suite mode or Mass storage mode? I click on PC Suite mode, then in computer I have "apliccation" N900 (PC-Suite Mode) - you said "open it" what I have to open? N900 (PC-Suite Mode) and then paste a file there? It's not go, I can only save a file to (Audio Clips, Data, Documents, etc)

I maybe don't understand to sentence "MyDocs is the root directory of your N900 under your PC." English isn't my language, I am from Czech, so..sorry

actiii
2011-02-16, 17:07
I assume that you pasted the file in N900/.documents under your computer, but that's totally wrong. MyDocs is the root directory of your N900 under your PC. That is, just hook up your device to your PC, open it, then directly paste it there. Otherwise you can do it on Xterm:
root
It may not show clearly, but after typing gingerbread.tar.bz2 hit spacebar then continue typing /home/.............

ok, I saved the file to N900/Documents (by the pc) and then I type to X term
root

-> enter. Nothing happens, is it clear? So I can now write the next step
(cd /home/user/MyDocs
bzip2 -d gingerbread.tar.bz2)

etc..etc..?

ammyt
2011-02-16, 17:11
ok, I saved the file to N900/Documents (by the pc) and then I type to X term
root

-> enter. Nothing happens, is it clear? So I can now write the next step
(cd /home/user/MyDocs
bzip2 -d gingerbread.tar.bz2)

etc..etc..?

yes yes, but just to be sure, open file manager in your N900, then got to N900 then scroll down just to see if gingerbread.tar.bz2 is there.

actiii
2011-02-16, 17:15
yes, is it there, thank you very much! I'm going on next steps..

ammyt
2011-02-16, 17:17
yes, is it there, thank you very much! I'm going on next steps..

That's what the thanks button is for! :D

actiii
2011-02-16, 17:22
Omg, it isn't easy :D.. I am momentally in step tar xvf /home/user/MyDocs/gingerbread.tar.. i type enter (something installed) and now I want type dpkg -i /home/user/MyDocs/NITDroid-kernel-Mido.Fayad.deb and if I do it, it write: dpkg: error processing /home/user/MyDocs/NITDroid-kernel-Mido.Fayad.deb (--install):
cannot acces archive: No such file or directory
Errors wee encountered while processing:

actiii
2011-02-16, 17:27
I have to download the file NITDroid-kernel-Mido.Fayad.deb and save it to /home/user/MyDocs, too? If I want NITDroid Gingerbread I have to have both files (gingerbread, kernel-mido)?

ammyt
2011-02-16, 17:31
I have to download the file NITDroid-kernel-Mido.Fayad.deb and save it to /home/user/MyDocs, too? If I want NITDroid Gingerbread I have to have both files (gingerbread, kernel-mido)?
Assuming you want to install Gingerbread, download gingerbread.tar.bz2 and Nitdroid kernel ONLY. Place both of them in your N900, the first "place" you see when connecting them to your PC.

actiii
2011-02-16, 18:04
I succesfully done step 1-6 (its wrote ITEM_DEVICE:mmcblk0p2), I installed updates 1-4. I canceled X term. And where is OS Gingerbread? :D RR N900?

ammyt
2011-02-16, 18:09
I succesfully done step 1-6 (its wrote ITEM_DEVICE:mmcblk0p2), I installed updates 1-4. I canceled X term. And where is OS Gingerbread? :D RR N900?

If you have a plugged in microsd card use this:
ITEM_DEVICE:{INT_CARD}p2
If not, use this:
ITEM_DEVICE:mmcblk0p2
After completing all steps, restart your phone with the keyboard opened, then click 2 under multiboot.

actiii
2011-02-16, 18:25
NOKIA N900 - MULTIBOOT

1 - Maemo 2.6.28-omap1
2 - NITDroid 2.6.28.NIT.06 on mmcblk0p2

I click 2, then shows..

BOOTING - PLEASE WAIT

Kernel: 2.6.28.NIT.06
Params:
Modules: ext3
Device: mmcblk1p2
FS type: ext3
FS opts: rw, noatime, errors=remount-ro
linuxrc:
initfs:

it's there few seconds and after shows next thing

Root filesystem mmcblk1p2 NOT avaible!
Guru Meditation #00000025.62017712

Hit any key to panic

so i clink any key and all process going again..

please,what's the problem?:(

ammyt
2011-02-16, 18:28
NOKIA N900 - MULTIBOOT

1 - Maemo 2.6.28-omap1

I click 2, then shows..

BOOTING - PLEASE WAIT

Params:
linuxrc:
initfs:

Hit any key to panic

please,what's the problem?:(

Ehhem, did you see my post over yours? First, do you have a memory card plugged in your N900?

actiii
2011-02-16, 18:37
Ehhem, did you see my post over yours? First, do you have a memory card plugged in your N900?

I did it without memory card. But you said -

Your .item file shall open under leafpad. Take a look at ITEM_DEVICE
if you're using an mmc be sure that: ITEM_DEVICE:${INT_CARD}p2
OR
if you don't have an mmc be sure that: ITEM_DEVICE:mmcblk0p2

So leafpad listed ITEM_DEVICE:mmcblk0p2 (it means that I didn't use a memory card, or not?)

And after I turned off the N900. What's wrong? I have to type ITEM_DEVICE:mmcblk0p2 somewhere?

ammyt
2011-02-16, 18:42
@actii
Do this if you have a memory card plugged in your N900:
root
leafpad /etc/multiboot.d/11 (then press tab on xterm screen, then click enter)
Leafpad should open with your .item file. Be sure that your ITEM_DEVICE looks like this:
After this click on your N900's keyboard ctrl + s to save then exit.
Reboot to Nitdroid.
Do this if you don't have a memory card plugged in your N900:
root
leafpad /etc/multiboot.d/11 (then press tab on xterm screen, then click enter)
Leafpad should open with your .item file. Be sure that your ITEM_DEVICE looks like this:
Reboot to Nitdroid.

ammyt
2011-02-16, 18:44
I can't be clearer than this...

actiii
2011-02-16, 18:54
@actii
Do this if you have a memory card plugged in your N900:
root
leafpad /etc/multiboot/11 (then press tab on xterm screen, then click enter)
Reboot to Nitdroid.
Do this if you don't have a memory card plugged in your N900:
root
leafpad /etc/multiboot/11 (then press tab on xterm screen, then click enter)
Reboot to Nitdroid.

Hmm, now if I start maemo, type to Xterm root, leafpad /etc/multiboot/11 and tab (nothing happens) and after enter, leafpad opens empty (nothing text)..and name of file is 11........:(

ammyt
2011-02-16, 19:02
Hmm, now if I start maemo, type to Xterm root, leafpad /etc/multiboot/11 and tab (nothing happens) and after enter, leafpad opens empty (nothing text)..and name of file is 11........:(

Okay, assuming nitdroid kernel is in MyDocs:
root
mount /home /and
Then do NOTHING, just turn off your N900, and turn it on again, and choose Nitdroid.

actiii
2011-02-16, 19:08
Okay, assuming nitdroid kernel is in MyDocs:
root
mount /home /and
Then do NOTHING, just turn off your N900, and turn it on again, and choose Nitdroid.

I did it....................but the same process again.

1 - Maemo 2.6.28-omap1

I click 2, then shows..

BOOTING - PLEASE WAIT

Params:
linuxrc:
initfs:

Hit any key to panic

ammyt
2011-02-16, 19:14
I did it....................but the same process again.

1 - Maemo 2.6.28-omap1

I click 2, then shows..

BOOTING - PLEASE WAIT

Params:
linuxrc:
initfs:

Hit any key to panic

From your quote:
mmcblk1p2 is the memory card itself, there should be something wrong in the 11xxxxx.item file...
Try this should work:
root
leafpad /etc/multiboot.d/11 (then press tab and enter)
Change ITEM_DEVICE to ITEM_DEVICE:mmcblk0p2

ammyt
2011-02-16, 19:16
Gotcha! Sorry I gave you the wrong directory: /etc/multiboot/ is wrong
it should be /etc/multiboot.d/11 (then press tab bla bla bla).
Just follow my upper post.

actiii
2011-02-16, 19:26
I did it and now shows a .item file like before, there is:

ITEM_NAME="NITDROID 2.6.28.NIT.06 on mmcblk0p2"
ITEM_MODULES=ext3
ITEM_DEVICE=$ {INT_CARD}p2
ITEM_FSTYPE=ext3

but there were are before.. there is mmcblk0p2.. I have this still open (leafpad) should i save it somewhere? but i think it'll be the same problem.

ammyt
2011-02-16, 19:31
I did it and now shows a .item file like before, there is:

ITEM_MODULES=ext3
ITEM_DEVICE=$ {INT_CARD}p2
ITEM_FSTYPE=ext3

but there were are before.. there is mmcblk0p2.. I have this still open (leafpad) should i save it somewhere? but i think it'll be the same problem.

Do you have a memory card plugged in your N900? Please answer me please I'm begging ya! ;):p:(

actiii
2011-02-16, 19:32
Oh so.. I would change ITEM_DEVICE=$ {INT_CARD}p2 to ITEM_DEVICE:mmcblk0p2 so if it seems like this?..

ITEM_MODULES=ext3
ITEM_FSTYPE=ext3

and after I save it (where)? and turn off N900?

actiii
2011-02-16, 19:33
I HAVEN'T MEMORY CAR IN MY N900.

So, Should I follow my upper post?

ammyt
2011-02-16, 19:40
I HAVEN'T MEMORY CAR IN MY N900.

So, Should I follow my upper post?

Finally! Yes, yes do it! Change ITEM_DEVICE=$ {INT_CARD}p2 to ITEM_DEVICE:mmcblk0p2 then click ctrl + s on your N900's keyboard and leafpad will automatically save it.