PDA

View Full Version : Golf?

rcadden
2007-06-14, 21:51
I'm a big fan of golf games on everything. Mostly Tiger Woods PGA Tour, but as long as it looks the same, I'm down.

I've been searching and am unable to find such a game for the N800. The hardware can do it, and obviously the screen is phenomenal for that type of gaming, does anyone know of something similar for the N800?

rcadden
2007-06-29, 16:04
No one has any idea of a Golf game for the N800?!

Texrat
2007-06-29, 18:01
It would be interesting for sure rc!

I also saw a fishing game for S60 phones that was pretty cool (believe it or not)... I'd like to see that ported as well!

And even though I'm not a golf fan, I think the concept on the N800 would be fun.

TTgowings
2007-06-29, 18:24
I've a golf game I play on my DS thats pretty good, True Swing Golf, something like that would be great with multiplayer. I've tried a few different HH fishing games but none seem to work well in that size structure, just too limiting.

Texrat
2007-06-29, 19:04
Multiplayer ANYTHING, golf included, is welcome. That's where the tablets have huge untapped potential. Open source development is fine, but i really wish Nokia had created a Games department to get some major work done.

If I had the time, I'd be working on some web-based multiplayer games like I said previously, but unfortunately I don't. :(

rcadden
2007-06-29, 19:44
Well I found FreeCiv, which looks like it has potential. I just want golf. I don't really see Nokia sponsoring alot of development for multiplayer games, what with the relaunch of their Ngage platform coming in a few months.

Texrat
2007-06-29, 20:37
Well I found FreeCiv, which looks like it has potential. I just want golf. I don't really see Nokia sponsoring alot of development for multiplayer games, what with the relaunch of their Ngage platform coming in a few months.

It's my understanding that the N-gage relaunch is software only, NO new device. That's what I've been told anyway. So if it's software only, no reason (IMO) to ignore the N800.

TTgowings
2007-06-29, 21:20
You beat me to it Tex, I've been following the nGage developments with a close eye and ears and am thinking that the Nokia shakeup may be a good thing for that end of the development, though they've already showed/leaked some screens and dev on "My nGage (http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2007/06/15/new-n-gage-interface-in-the-wild/)" but who knows how everything will shake out. I still believe the IT has a huge gaming potential especially in multiplayer, though (as much as I hate to say this) the "next" IT design really needs a set of multi-purpose buttons on the right side a-b-c-d, etc. (and for all things mighty a friggin scroll wheel inset on the right side as well) Then you'd have the ultimate HH IT and a portable gaming device !!

Texrat
2007-06-29, 21:28
Games could use more buttons, but with the proper design changes the next tablet could take advantage of third-party offerings, like some of Nintendo's devices can.

Specific to the thread, a golf game could sure benefit from a slider for swing strength if nothing else.

rcadden
2007-06-30, 15:15
Meh, personally, I think there will be new Ngage hardware. Maybe not a specific "Ngage" handset, but there will be a few that are hardware-optimized for gaming. Just personal opinion.

But I think the IT could easily benefit from gaming.

Texrat
2007-06-30, 16:50
Meh, personally, I think there will be new Ngage hardware. Maybe not a specific "Ngage" handset, but there will be a few that are hardware-optimized for gaming. Just personal opinion.

But I think the IT could easily benefit from gaming.

Well, I've specifically talked to the folks heading up the program, and they assured me no gaming-specific devices (I hope that isn't really the case), but there will be phones enhanced for gaming, if that's what you mean. I'd much prefer they revisited the hardware and created a 3rd version done right. Ngage QD was so close.

clonmult
2007-07-11, 13:02
Well, I've specifically talked to the folks heading up the program, and they assured me no gaming-specific devices (I hope that isn't really the case), but there will be phones enhanced for gaming, if that's what you mean. I'd much prefer they revisited the hardware and created a 3rd version done right. Ngage QD was so close.

Indeed, the QD was very close.

I've got a few of the later native S60 games on my N73, and the only thing lacking is a decent keyboard/control layout.

Tomb Raider (legends?), snow boarding and a few others - all excellent graphics, and very playable.

Whilst there aren't any "specific" gaming handsets, some of the current Nokia lineup of S60 devices do have graphics accelerator chips (finally!), which make a massive difference on rendering speed.