PDA

View Full Version : Nokia N800 Internet Tablet Perfect Case & Card low BIN!

blue58
2007-06-15, 12:26
This is a Like New Sealed Nokia N800 Internet Tablet.

Bought this NEW just a couple months ago, used it less than 10 hours total and is like brand new. Comes with ALL the original packaging and accessories. Works fantastic for Internet and as a PDA but without a access point at work I just don't use it enough. OS has been updated to the latest version and all the popular linux apps installed (you can flash the OS if you desire, but it is very clean as is, never had a single problem with it, and the battery lasts forever, only been charged a couple times. As an extra bonus with buy it now I will include a brand new PDAir leather case (also with original box) and a 1G SD mem card installed. This is a much better deal than new at a great price. Will ship UPS or USPS within 24 hours of payment. If you're in the market, grab it, prob won't last long!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190123508609

RogerS
2007-06-15, 14:37
I am looking to get another N800 (or two, or three), but if it's merely the lack of an access point at work that's at issue, you may want to look for a travel router.

I bought a Netgear travel router on sale last year for $10 (then left it when traveling!) and a Linksys for under $50 earlier this spring (with more capability).

In both cases, you simply plug the travel router into a network jack and it provides an instant wireless signal for you and/or anyone else nearby (you can choose). They're both designed to turn a hotel jack into a gateway for several people with laptops to access the internet.

When I want to use my Nokia Internet Tablet at work, I plug in the travel router, do my thing and then disconnect it. The signal is not intended for long distances and I don't leave it on, thus keeping under the radar. It helps that there's a hotel nearby with an open gateway, so "travel router" as a WiFi network name that shows up sporadically may not be raising any alarms.

Maybe being able to use your N800 will make it something you won't want to part with. :-)

Roger

PS: The Netgear has a physical switch that allows you to permit only one connection, which I think provides a good security.

blue58
2007-06-15, 15:12
Thanks for the info. Yeah, there are a few ways I could make it work, but the IT Nazis would have a fit. Shame because it's a wonderful device.