PDA

View Full Version : Nokia canceled my order! Arrrgh!

maemotaku
2005-12-13, 18:24
I ordered on Nov 15th.
I logged onto nokiausa today to check the status of my order.
THERE WAS NO ORDER!

I promptly called up customer service to find out what was going on.
I spoke to Dontaeus...

"Your street address does not match your billing address."
WRONG. I verified this at chase.com as we talked.

"You are not allowed to use a cell phone as your primary phone for credit card verification."
WRONG. This is my only phone. I use my card every single day. Especially for holiday shopping on Amazon and Walmart.

"You entered your business phone as your home phone."
Huh? You just said I used my cell phone. Which is it?

We sent you an email warning that the order would be cancelled in 72 hours. I got one on 12/6 (when many other people did). The rep just asked if I was still interested in buying it. I said YES. She mentioned nothing about a problem with my card. Of course, Nokia has no record of me speaking to her.

I asked to speak to a supervisor (named Alex?).
"I am not allowed to transfer you. They are all busy. I will have him give you a call at your work phone."

The end result was that I need to place a NEW order and go to the back of the line of thousands. "The device does not officially ship until Jan 6. You might get it sometime after that. "

UPDATE:
I called back again (still in disbelief) and talked to another rep.
He explained that my order was cancelled because of an undisclosed problem with my credit card. No mention of address, phone number, etc.

He transferred me to the voicemail of Lee Hosey(??) who is "in charge" of all Nokia orders. This is the person responsible for canceling the order. I am waiting for him to return my voicemail.

World-Class customer service! Nobody is going to call me. I am going to CompUSA. :(

sigger
2005-12-13, 18:57
I had much the same experience about 5 days ago. Mine included them telling me that my credit card was rejected; then my credit card co told me that it was in fact approved. And I also asked to speak to a supervisor. I left a voicemail asking for a call back. I have not yet gotten a call back. I expect zero.

I went out and got two at Compusa. I figure Nokia prolly makes less money that way. Plus now I have their return policy (21 days - store credit only).

maemotaku
2005-12-13, 21:28
I just followed your lead and went down to CompUSA (I am located in the San Fernando Valley, CA.) The website showed one in stock. It rang up at $379.99! $411.34 after tax.

Woohoo! For $22 more than my pre-order I get to use my 770 right now! No more dealing with the NokiaUSA order center! That alone is worth much more than the price difference.