PDA

View Full Version : PIM Reccomendations/INstallation Instructions?

CelticDaddio
2007-06-29, 17:34
Just got my 770. So far... cool. I need more capability in the contacts/calendar (PIM I suppose) department.... Recomendations?

GPE PIM seems popular.... How can I install it from the 770 itself?

Any better email clients out there than what comes on the 770?

Thanks,
Ed

Seb Per
2007-06-29, 18:10
hum... GPE is one, there are not many. Don t try Google apps, there are conflict with Opera browser...

from the ITT website (this one), get to software, and follow instructions. not easy at first. there are threads in the forum that explain quite clearly how to do it.

email clients? no way. Why don t you use gmail? It works sort of fine ( a few bugs).

CelticDaddio
2007-06-29, 19:49
I went to http://maemo.org/downloads/software-development/ and clicked "Click to Install", but the install failed (didn't say why) Can I install GPE Calendar on the 770, which is IT OS 2006?

CD

hum... GPE is one, there are not many. Don t try Google apps, there are conflict with Opera browser...

from the ITT website (this one), get to software, and follow instructions. not easy at first. there are threads in the forum that explain quite clearly how to do it.

email clients? no way. Why don t you use gmail? It works sort of fine ( a few bugs).

Seb Per
2007-06-29, 20:13
ok, my mistake. it may be that the.current version of gpe is n800 only. also you have to get extras. look at details of the failure message.
more simple go back to the maemo pages, on right hand, search gpe with the constraint IT2006 (below), you ll find gpe pim. same extras will be needed i guess. don't hesitate to visit developper's page linked to download them before. advice :
reading the how to pages willl help A LOT!