PDA

View Full Version : Packages?

kznmrk
2007-07-01, 06:51
I've been trying to reload packages for the application manager, but every time I refresh, it stays stuck on "Downloading 1 kB" and rarely gets past that point.
My only application catalogue is the default nokia one.

Is there anyone else having this problem?

robbh66
2007-07-01, 07:15
make sure the information is typed in exactly.

aflegg
2007-07-01, 14:10
See the "Log" under the Tools menu. It's probable that one of your listed repositories is currently unavailable or typed incorrectly.

kznmrk
2007-07-03, 02:02
They are all correct. They work very rarely, but refreshing the package lists never works.

Timebom
2007-07-04, 22:04
I also have this problem. I thought it might have been sporadic or cruddy wifi connection, but even with the 770 next to the wireless access point.. maybe one time in ten will it get anything. Even then it updates to like 86Kb it wont "finish" it just sits there till it times out or I hit cancel and see what bits loaded. I am really frustrated because I cant get Pidgen because it isnt loading from the repositories and I don't know how to load from PC yet. Log checked and get this series of errors for all addresses (even the stock Nokia ones). W: Couldn't stat source package... E: Failed to fetch... W: Couldn't stat source...
And the one that gets me: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems.

I have triple checked all addresses and referenced them against known repositories in case they "moved". Everything is good there.

This just mean I need to "refresh my list of packages?" or "Check for updates in the main application manager. (tried it, nothing there). Web pages load fine so wifi seems stable. I have searched this site. A lot of good info. Would like to see a sticky of a master list of known good repositories that have been checked.
Thank you for all the help I have received so far from just reading the forums and the help I will receive in the future.

Mysticode
2007-07-04, 22:11
I have this problem regularly (especially when updating from work). Usually have to wait a while and try again later.