PDA

View Full Version : unable to install 'community ssu enabler' installation file corrupted

wshamroukh
2011-04-12, 17:04
I have just reflashed my N900 and the first thing i wanna do is to install the CSSU.
So i clicked on install on this page: http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU/
The App. Manager add the repository successfully and then when it comes to install the Community SSU Enabler i get the following error:
unable to install 'community ssu enabler' installation file corrupted

Has anyone faced this before? How to resolve it?

Your input is really appreciated.

Regards
Waddah

wshamroukh
2011-04-12, 18:26
i installed it using "apt-get install mp-fremantle-community-pr" instead.. looks like the installation file is really corrupted under the app manager!!

can anyone confirm the same?

dewsoetz2010
2011-04-13, 07:45
I've been tryin to run the cssu apt, bt each time i click on it, it gives me an error message CSSU NOT INSTALLED. Tried get-apt update & get-apt install mp-fremantle-pr. it says not found...... can anybody pls help? thnx.

papa73
2011-04-13, 08:02
over 3G or wifi?

abadi
2011-04-16, 11:42
i installed it using "apt-get install mp-fremantle-community-pr" instead.. looks like the installation file is really corrupted under the app manager!!

worked for me! thank you very much

corduroysack
2011-04-16, 11:44
i installed cssu yesterday via app manager over wifi and it went ok, no problems

corduroysack
2011-04-16, 11:45
I've been tryin to run the cssu apt, bt each time i click on it, it gives me an error message CSSU NOT INSTALLED. Tried get-apt update & get-apt install mp-fremantle-pr. it says not found...... can anybody pls help? thnx.

sorry for stupid question but have you got cssu repo added?

http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU

bob0smith
2011-04-19, 02:37

I get the same community-ssu-enabler cannot be installed, file is corrupted issue. Same issue for both App Manager and via apt-get. Apt-get I can install mp-fremantle-community-pr, but the cssu enabler will not install/download properly. Tried apt-get -f update, --fix-missing, no help.

Sekou718
2011-04-19, 03:44
any solution to this issue? i have it as well. flash... back up restore...no luck. thought it was the back up flashed again..didnt install back up. same thing.

sudarsan_avs
2011-04-19, 04:15
same issue for me too, any help pls...!!!

nichomerri
2011-04-19, 10:20
I have the same issue. If I try running "apt-get install community-ssu-enabler" after enabling the cssu repo, I get:

Nokia-N900-51-1:~# apt-get install community-ssu-enabler
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following NEW packages will be installed:
community-ssu-enabler
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 59 not upgraded.
Need to get 9038B of archives.
After this operation, 86,0kB of additional disk space will be used.
Get:1 http://repository.maemo.org fremantle/free community-ssu-enabler 0.6-5 [9038B]
Fetched 16,5kB in 0s (83,7kB/s)
Failed to fetch http://repository.maemo.org/community-testing/pool/fremantle/free/c/community-ssu-enabler/community-ssu-enabler_0.6-5_all.deb Size mismatch
E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?
Nokia-N900-51-1:~#

Running "apt-cache show community-ssu-enabler" gives a size of 9038 bytes, but the file "http://repository.maemo.org/community-testing/pool/fremantle/free/c/community-ssu-enabler/community-ssu-enabler_0.6-5_all.deb" is 16492 bytes, which is consistent with the output above.

So what gives? Should I email the package manager? I'm a bit new at this stuff.

nakia
2011-04-19, 10:57
I installed rootsh and then tried the above commands, and it worked for me: Would it be a requirement not listed?

IDN900
2011-04-19, 10:58
I can confirm what the OP has reported HAM reports a corrupted installation file. I installed through xterm and everything completed fine.

MohammadAG
2011-04-19, 15:35
I uploaded a new package, it should be fixed now (assuming the repo doesn't mess up).

Refresh the repository and try again, sorry about the trouble :)

Sekou718
2011-04-19, 16:31
I figured this out..for some reason when I re flashed, my repositories got messed up. i deleted each one..except the nokia ones and maemo extras which would not let me delete. I then went to http://repository.maemo.org/. all of the repositories after the flash were as listed on the site but extras testing was different. so i just reinstalled all of them. seems to have worked cause i could install the enabler after that.

Sekou718
2011-04-19, 16:36
guess i didnt fix it..lol...it worked Mohammadag. thanks so much.

bob0smith
2011-04-19, 16:51
Worked for me to, in that it installed, however I don't have an icon for actually run it. Only needs to be run once tho, right? So I could run it from a terminal?

MohammadAG
2011-04-19, 16:54
If you have mp-fremantle-community-pr installed the icon will get deleted, the script's still there though /usr/sbin/install-community-ssu
Make sure you run it as root (you can use sudo install-community-ssu if you don't have rootsh).

bob0smith
2011-04-19, 17:35
Thanks, tells me that CSSU Enabler is already ... enabled. I rebooted, and I have extra options here and there, so I guess it's installed :)

Thanks for the help MohammadAG, much appreciated.

eefo
2011-05-05, 12:28
now this not fair :(
ran mp-fremantle-community-pr.install file and it is stuck in HAM on preparing for installation , please wait :(

eefo
2011-05-05, 12:33
and here comes the result , unable to download enabler
application package not found :(

p.s checked my repositories , they are all effed up :(
failed to update but ssu one is running fine :$

eefo
2011-05-05, 12:45
any solution to get the repositories working ? :(
just maemo.org and Community SSU (testing) are running else nokia applications , nokia system software updates , ovi , maemo extra , maemo extra-devel and maemo extra-testing all are failed to update :(

alayham
2011-06-11, 12:05
Hi :

To solve above issue please follow the below steps :

you need to be connected to internet
the CSSU catalog should be activated
the N900 should be fully charged and disconnected from power

Go to Xterminal
write : rootsh
Nokia-N900-51-1:~# apt-get install community-ssu-enabler
accept all commands ( Y or agree)
to your applications you will find Community SSU avalilable
click on it wait till it will finsh it will take a time
update your CSSU from application manager

That is it

safoo
2012-08-23, 07:57
what is the latest version of the Community SSU? mine is 21.2011.3-1Smaemo3. is it latest version of CSSU? Thanks

sixwheeledbeast
2012-08-23, 12:14
what is the latest version of the Community SSU? mine is 21.2011.3-1Smaemo3. is it latest version of CSSU? Thanks

Depends what you mean by latest?
The latest stable CSSU is 21.2011.38-1Smaemo3
This is the latest version for end users.

Testing/Devel has newer versions.

All this information is available in the wiki

http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU