PDA

View Full Version : wife wants something like outlook

Nrmf
2007-07-05, 02:53
ok guys wife is likening her 770 more and more and has asked for an app like outlook shes looking for calender and to do list(wants to organize) whats a good app to use and where do i search to find it.

thanks all

Slakker
2007-07-05, 03:34
This (http://maemo.org/downloads/product/gpepim)cover ya?

HumanPenguin
2007-07-05, 04:04
I have been wondering how much work would be involved in taking the OSS code from Evolutions Exchange connector and adapting it to work with GPEs PIM suite.

Has anyone looked into this as of yet?

I am planning to buy a n800 in the next few weeks and currently use Linux (Kubuntu) as my main desktop.

I am a software engineer by trade but have never done any GUI development. I was thinking this may make a good project to play with. (as the exchange connection will be minimal UI).

If anyone has any advice/suggestions/help/someones already doing it info please let me know.

PS the only reason i USE exchange is that it the only contact/calendar/email syncing solution that is available on basic smartphones. I know there are plenty of other OSS solutions out there but little in the way of clients that will work on my phones and linux desktop. I think a pocket version of evolution in general would be a great product.