PDA

View Full Version : N900 No Screen Power Up- No vibration- Turns on??

gomaemo
2011-07-09, 20:57
Hey guys, thought Id try here for some help. Here is the situation:

I randomly took the phone out of my pocket yesterday, and the screen was black. When I restart the phone (take battery out put back in), it doesnt vibrate (you know that first-screen vibration), but the phone turns on. I can hear it. My alarm still goes off (from the morning), and I cant turn it off, because the touch screen doesnt work. So now my N900 turns on, vibrates if I call it or when the alarm goes off, makes noises, but I cant see anything, and the touch screen doesnt work.

What I have tried:

Flashing the device. I flashed both the RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2.002_PR_COMBINED_002_ARM and the EMMC, still same issue!! I also tried another battery, same results. When it is plugged in, the yellow light is solid, not blinking. Also, the keyboard lights up.. It definitely sounded like a software problem at first, when the software got a glitch or is "stuck" somewhere, but now that these didnt work, what else is to try?? Thanks for any help! :)

RobbieThe1st
2011-07-09, 23:30
Well, screen's either failed, or the cable's come undone.
You're going to either have to send it in/have someone repair it, or do it yourself: You'll need to take the top half of the slider(the screen piece) off, and check the connection. If that doesn't fix it, you'll probably need a $40 replacement screen off ebay.

gomaemo
2011-07-10, 00:45
Well, screen's either failed, or the cable's come undone.
You're going to either have to send it in/have someone repair it, or do it yourself: You'll need to take the top half of the slider(the screen piece) off, and check the connection. If that doesn't fix it, you'll probably need a $40 replacement screen off ebay.

Thanks for this. I might send it in since the warranty is still valid on it. A few weeks without my N900.. :(