PDA

View Full Version : How to disable device lock on Nokia N950?

Sasler
2011-07-19, 13:35
I just got my N950 and after playing a bit with it, it asked me to enter a security code. I did that and now every time I try to unlock my phone it ask it, which is really annoying. :mad:

Does anyone know how to disable it? I couldn't find a disable setting anywhere for it. I think this security code check came on after setting up the connection to the Exchange server.

Cheers :)

sjgadsby
2011-07-19, 13:47
I just got my N950 and after playing a bit with it, it asked me to enter a security code. I did that and now every time I try to unlock my phone it ask it, which is really annoying. :mad:

Does anyone know how to disable it? I couldn't find a disable setting anywhere for it. I think this security code check came on after setting up the connection to the Exchange server.

Yes, I deleted and recreated my MfE connection with the non-provisionable device box checked to avoid that. You could try the options in Settings -> Security -> Device Lock though.

Sasler
2011-07-19, 13:52
Yes, I deleted and recreated my MfE connection with the non-provisionable device box checked to avoid that. You could try the options in Settings -> Security -> Device Lock though.

Ah, that was it. :)

First I went to check that non-provisionable device on my Exchange settings. After that there was more settings under Device Lock, including Off.

Thanks a lot for your help. :)

jo21
2011-07-19, 14:01
i am jelly with u guys n950 :/

Andre Klapper
2011-07-19, 14:09
Settings > Security > Device lock?

Andre Klapper
2011-07-19, 14:10
Garr, I shouldn't open forum pages and then answer half an hour later without refreshing first. :-D

murbruk
2011-12-14, 11:06
Is it possible to disable the device lock on N9? I haven't found any place to it and there is not such option in Settings/Security/Device lock. I used Mail For Exchange but I have now removed it because I rather be without the device lock than have my work mail in my personal phone, if there only was a way to disable it...

diegofigueroa
2011-12-15, 01:05
In your exchange account settings check the option that says "Non provisionable device" under connection settings. Done.

murbruk
2011-12-15, 08:05
In your exchange account settings check the option that says "Non provisionable device" under connection settings. Done.
I did this but it still asks for the security code. If I had set this right the first time a set up Mail For Exchange, it might have worked? Now I have the device lock configured and I can't get rid of it... Removing Mail For Exchange didn't change anything and neither did re-installing it with "Non provisionable device" enabled.

AndersR
2011-12-20, 11:31

Finally... that lock was driving me crazy! Worked on my N9. Thanks!

Waynder
2011-12-20, 17:03
really would never expect that some1 that has n950 (so i guess it has some skills with maemo/megoo, cuz its very limited device) needs to ask how to solve this "problem"

not only im jelous... im also a bit mad now -.-

rOum1
2012-01-03, 14:48
Thx helps me too!!!

neouser
2012-01-18, 18:55
I have the similar experience to murbruk's... After adding the company Exchange account I can't disable the security code device lock on my N9... Neither changing the "Non provisionable device" option nor disabling/removing this account (in all the possible order combinations) allow me to disable the forced security code input... Any ideas?

SaiKo
2012-01-24, 19:27
For some reason there isn't a handy on/off button, but there is an off option in the menu where you can choose the autolock time-out.

settings > security > device lock > autolock

You should see the option Off there

UnlimiteD3k
2012-01-29, 12:21
I have added and removed an exchange account to remove the lock code.

However, if i need to set a 4 digit code now which is numbers only, i'm unable to do so since the minimum is 5 chars now.

Is the 5 chars for password a default on the N9 or was this after adding an exchange account?

UnlimiteD3k
2012-01-30, 07:00
Nobody can check this for me?!

opaave
2012-03-23, 16:02
I did this but it still asks for the security code. If I had set this right the first time a set up Mail For Exchange, it might have worked? Now I have the device lock configured and I can't get rid of it... Removing Mail For Exchange didn't change anything and neither did re-installing it with "Non provisionable device" enabled.

Yes! I have just this same problem and its VERY annoying! Does anyone have solution for this??