PDA

View Full Version : USB mass storage

siN900
2011-07-28, 11:57
Hello,
I'm connecting my N900 using official USB cable. The thing is, sometimes I get the popup where it ask wich mode I want to use (mass storage or PC suite), but sometimes it doesn't show up - it just says charging.. From time to time reboot solve the problem, but not all the time.

tuxsavvy
2011-07-28, 12:13
A more detailed report would be useful, are you using power kernel or stock kernel? if you are using power kernel which version? Have you applied any speed patches? What is your hardware revision? (some hardware revisions I think have a faulty microUSB port which may fall out eventually). Have you dropped the device before?

vi_
2011-07-28, 12:21
This is a question.

fahadj2003
2011-07-28, 18:17
its not that
pc wont recognize it..
my laptop for example..
it wont recognize the n900 along with usb flash etc etc.. restart doesnt help..
what i do is, remove the power cable for my lappy and remove the battery..
then but em back it and turn it on.. then it works..
its a motherboard thing.. read it somewhere.. forgot the details.. see if this works..

siN900
2011-07-30, 21:24
i'm using everything stock default, no changes, only few little apps installed like opera or media players..

siN900
2011-07-30, 22:32
guys, i can't believe it but.. did you realise that the solution is to click on usb in the applet menu (click on the time) :D ROTFL..

Twenynge
2011-12-05, 08:26
guys, i can't believe it but.. did you realise that the solution is to click on usb in the applet menu (click on the time) :D ROTFL..

Where is usb located in the applet menu? I'm having the exact same issue where when I plug the n900 into a USB port on my PC, it never asks if I want to go into mass storage mode or PC Suite mode (and only charges the phone some of the time). This is driving me crazy and I can't find any USB preferences or settings in any menu or applet on the phone. HELP!