PDA

View Full Version : Maemo is dying, even Gtalk video/audio called bugged no fix

archl
2011-09-07, 03:11
Maemo is dying, even Gtalk video/audio called bugged no fix

Here I looked it began from Late/early June, the gtalk protocol turn to matching the standard XMPP, then N900's default not work anymore.

:confused:

Looks like dying...

HellFlyer
2011-09-07, 04:11
Maemo is DEAD I would say community is dying

onethreealpha
2011-09-07, 04:18
Oh wow.

another f__king "dying" thread......

:rolleyes:

jessi3k3
2011-09-07, 04:25
Instead of making this into a dying thread, how about we turn this into a solution thread? Instead of making a sensationalist headline like "Maemo is dying", how about a request for help or something of that nature?

danramos
2011-09-07, 05:23
Instead of making this into a dying thread, how about we turn this into a solution thread? Instead of making a sensationalist headline like "Maemo is dying", how about a request for help or something of that nature?

Even I can agree with this sentiment and suggestion. Someone PLEASE change the title and can someone assist with suggestions?

chase15
2011-09-07, 06:10
double kill! :D maemo just got murdered again.. soon to get lethal injection..

abill_uk
2011-09-07, 06:23
Maemo is dead because of the dead people working on it :rolleyes:

danramos
2011-09-07, 06:48

What in the wide world of sports are you talking about??

abill_uk
2011-09-07, 06:52
What in the wide world of sports are you talking about??

The developers who were working on Maemo are no longer there working on Maemo.... the rest is elementary old chap ;)

danramos
2011-09-07, 06:53
The developers who were working on Maemo are no longer there working on Maemo.... the rest is elementary old chap ;)

Well, I'm sure MOST aren't. True. They still have some, though, I think. Right?

abill_uk
2011-09-07, 06:56
Well, I'm sure MOST aren't. True. They still have some, though, I think. Right?

OK then QUICK wake them from the dead and get them to sort all the NOFIX's out ;).

danramos
2011-09-07, 07:06
OK then QUICK wake them from the dead and get them to sort all the NOFIX's out ;).

But they're WONTFIXes... they WONT get FIXED. (OMG I hated having to omit the apostrophe!!)

abill_uk
2011-09-07, 07:12
But they're WONTFIXes... they WONT get FIXED. (OMG I hated having to omit the apostrophe!!)

No Dan i am reffering to the NOFIX's :p.

abill_uk
2011-09-07, 07:15
a WONTFIX is a term invented by Elop in his killing of Maemo totally. ;)

danramos
2011-09-07, 07:39
a WONTFIX is a term invented by Elop in his killing of Maemo totally. ;)

Actually, WONTFIXes have been around a looooong time. You're probably thinking of Elop's DONTCARE.

archl
2011-09-07, 09:40

Thanks, I saw 2 posts there no one cared, and I replied there, 2 months for the original thread and 3 days for what my post.

As long as there is no cure. I decided to use such a title.

jpala16
2011-09-07, 11:57

So this is a zombie community. LOL.

thebtman
2011-09-07, 12:12
I wish these Maemo "dying" "on its way out" threads would f****** die.

dr_frost_dk
2011-09-07, 12:26
Don't think it is quite zombie yet, but it has been feeling a bit dead lately.

It feels like history repeating:
I still tinker around with Android and IOs etc, but still none comes close to what maemo offers me, and this is the same with the history lesson, every time something is created in this world that is near perfect it allways comes to an end, this is the same for so many areas like bikes & cars, i do believe that Microsoft has learned from this and thats why even when the year 2020 comes their current OS will still be as crappy as last 50 OS's the made.

An exsample of this will be the german bike producer 'kreidler' the made a moterbike (converted to moped here in dk) that was so good that the went bust because of not being able sell spare parts because of the strong build of the bike and engine.

electroaudio
2011-09-07, 12:42
Maemo is dying, even Gtalk video/audio called bugged no fix

Here I looked it began from Late/early June, the gtalk protocol turn to matching the standard XMPP, then N900's default not work anymore.

:confused:

Looks like dying...

No, it is not dying, it is changing...
People who care about gtalk and other iphone gadgets is moving on, while those who use N900 as a linux computer will be around for long.

Chickenz
2011-09-07, 12:59

This gets more attention. Just the useless kind. lol

gerbick
2011-09-07, 14:07

Back on a much better topic, does anybody have a solution?

optimistprime
2011-09-07, 14:23

Well if Maemo is dead, and there are dead people working on it, would we be able to classify Maemo 5 as a zombie OS?

danramos
2011-09-07, 23:22
Well if Maemo is dead, and there are dead people working on it, would we be able to classify Maemo 5 as a zombie OS?

It's being reclassified as a Class One ala Torchwood.