PDA

View Full Version : New owner with a few Q's

mike S
2007-07-13, 20:16
Okay so Iam awaiting my new 770 as the price is just ridiculously low so I had to have one. I have also purchased a few RS-MMC 2gb cards for it too.

So which software would you guys recommend when I get it I have read something about the 2007 HE software but unsure about where and how to get it and its compatibilty with playing vids on such sites as You tube?
I maybe wrong, but im sure you guys should resolve that.

Also does anyone know if and where I can get a diary/calender with a possible 'to do list' manager built in for on the go as I work away from home sometimes.

Thanks
Mike

boblinds
2007-07-13, 20:24
I don't mean to dismiss your question; but if you do a search or just browse through the postings here, you'll find the recommendations you're seeking -- and learn quite a lot in the process (as I did).

For me, the two essential programs were FBReader to read ebooks, and MediaStreamer to stream content from my PC. (You'll also need to install a UPnP server like TVersity on your PC to perform the streaming.)

I also patched my 2006 OS with the bus speed-up patch from http://fanoush.wz.cz/maemo/#mmcplus when I got my 2gb MobileMMC card.

airhurt
2007-07-13, 20:24
Mike... I hate to sound like a jerk, but I would read through the forums here first. There are alot of good options out there - but really, it all comes down to "what do you want to do with your tablet?"

I use mine almost entirely different than some people. But, I can say that you have made a good choice in the purchase of the card(s) - even if a Mobile MMC might have been better, but its ok.

Good luck, and let us know how well it all works out for you.

aychekay
2007-07-14, 02:31
Is there a difference between RS-MMC and MobileMMC? Do they both work on a stock N770? Any size limitation differences? Speed differences?

mharvey
2007-07-14, 03:23
As far as I know the Mobile MMC (like the Kingston cards) are compatible with the N770. You will need the latest official OS in order to use a 2GB Mobile MMC. They can also be accessed faster than the RS-MC that came with the N770 but not witout a patch to the OS.

thaibill
2007-07-14, 03:27
As far as I know the Mobile MMC (like the Kingston cards) are compatible with the N770. You will need the latest official OS in order to use a 2GB Mobile MMC. They can also be accessed faster than the RS-MC that came with the N770 but not witout a patch to the OS.

This question has been asked numerous times. A reply like the one above should seriously be considered as a "sticky".

Bill