PDA

View Full Version : Help uninstall "failed installation"

bunanson
2007-07-14, 03:04
Nokia 770 running the latest 2006. Upon installing either IDEA or GPE Calender, installation failed. now when I run application manager, it gives "operation failed". I tried to refresh appl package, "unable to refresh list. Last refreshed list is shown" How can I undo or uninstall the problem software? More info: Show installed appl, no appl installed. Install new appl, no appl available. On my Extras: Gnumeric Spreadsheet, X Tedrminal, Mirage, VNC Viewer, Claws-mail. Games: LXDoom. This are the newly added software and they all worked fine. I have also installed CPU/Mem/screenshot.

Any suggestions?

TIA

bun:(

bunanson
2007-07-14, 03:45
Hey, I found the solution, http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7580&highlight=application+manager

Once the appl manager is running again, there is option to remove installed progs

Hope this help someone.

bun:D

stratta
2007-07-25, 21:33
To me the same problem is occor. I run application manager, it gives "operation failed". Show not installed applications and I can not uninstall nothing... On my Extras: Mplayer, Maemo pad, maemo recorder, media streamer, canola, fbreader maemo mapper, maemodrac and mahjong

Only 6% memory occuped!

I dont understand...

any help?

stratta
2007-07-25, 21:42
Hi Bunanson

I don't understand the solution that you found... can help to understand?
thanks
Stratta

bunanson
2007-07-26, 03:57
Hi Bunanson

I don't understand the solution that you found... can help to understand?
thanks
Stratta
------------------------------------------------------
Sometimes if you look at the error message from the log, it will tell you which repository is giving the trouble, Menu>Tools>Appl manager>Tools>Log. If not clear, then you would have to do it one by one as suggested by TA-t3.

Hope this helps,

bun
-------------------------------------------------------
two ways to take care the appl manager problem:
1) try to clear the offending log, if sucessful, then close, show installed appl, and uninstall any prog you want.
2) Menu>Tools>Appl Manager>Tools>appl catalog, hi light the offending repo, edit>uncheck Enabled. If the log does not give clear message about which one is the offending repo, then you may have to enable/disable the repo one by one. Once the offending repo is disabled, then you will be able to refresh appl manager, and Show installed appl, and uninstall any prog you want.

Hope this helps.

Bun;)