PDA

View Full Version : Play m3pp2 videos from Motorola RAZR?

Ma3mosa
2007-07-14, 14:38
Hi folks!

Loving my 770 from woot!
So far I have installed:
OS2007HE
MPlayer
VNC Viewer for getting to my XP Home machine
RDesktop for getting to my XP Pro machine
XTerminal
MPlayer
and AutoScan

I even have it paired to my Verizon RAZR (hacked OS on it as well) for both webaccess (EVDO speeds, too!) and browsing the phones folder via bluetooth.
I can view photos taken with the phones camera via the bluetooth connection, but can't seem to get the 770 to play the videos recorded with the camera. They're m3pp2 format files, which is supposely a video format supported by Media Player but I still get the frustrating File Format Not Supportd message when trting to open one with it. I've tried renaming the files to have a .mpp, .3gp, and .3g2 extension in hopes of getting it to work, but still nada.

Anyone have any ideas?

n00bmanEXE
2007-07-15, 14:30
Convert the video.

Slakker
2007-07-15, 19:43
My phone won't allow me access to play any video or audio files from the phone itself. Perhaps try saving the files over onto the 770's memory first?

Ma3mosa
2007-07-15, 20:41
My phone's a V3c flashed with the .04 Verizon leaked firmware that reenables bluetooth ODBC transfers. That's how I see and get the ringtones/photos/videos. Works killer and also enables some other cool things that Verizon's disabled like vib then ring and getting rid of the Verizon logos.

I know I could copy the files to my computer and convert to mpg, but that seems lame. I 'spose I should have better stated my two questions:
1) Is there an issue with Media Player on OS2007HE that affects it playing 3gp videos? Under Tools/Help, 3GP is listed as a supported format.
or
2) Does the RAZR save its videos in some funky propropritary format that is not a completely 'valid' 3gp file?