PDA

View Full Version : gnumeric: text entry problem

bunanson
2007-07-17, 12:35
2006OS on 770 boot from MMC

The Gnumeric is great. I am using it on an hourly basis. Cannot seem to find a user manual. Could someone teach me how to configure Gnumeric so that when tapping on a cell, one can enter text right away, rather than tapping on the cell, then the text input line, then the keyboard come up, i.e., I would like to see the keyboard comes up upon touching any cell. A minor difference? It is a 50% increase in keystroke and I am doing over 20 entries per hour, you can see the difference. And anyone has any tips on Gnumeric use?
TIA:confused:

bunanson
2007-07-17, 12:48
Or, maybe a small batch job/Macro for the above mentioned purpose i.e., when touching on a cell, will have the keyboard entry comes up automatically?:D

TIA

bun

bunanson
2007-07-17, 12:56
I also noticed, I can load/save an excel file from Gnumeric without any problem. I cannot load a Gnumeric file that either save from a desktop or save from N770. The program hangs. Similar problem when using Gnumeric on a desktop. Aint that funny? That the Gnumeric is more compliant with excel than the Gnumeric format. Please tell me I am crazy! Does this happen to anybody? I am interested in Gnumeric format as they are much smaller, around 20% of an excel spreadsheet and my spreadsheet are normal on the large side.:confused:

bun

TA-t3
2007-07-17, 13:40
I see no answers yet, but I too would like to see them :-)
I plan to start using gnumeric on the N800 myself, it is by far my preferred spreadsheet on the desktop, for many reasons.