PDA

View Full Version : Wsod

Syliss
2007-07-18, 07:52
Okay so i posted in the troubleshooting secton and got help finding out i had the wsod, so i called nokia and they said that since its out of its warranty that i would have to pay to get it fixed, what should i do? Call them back and demand they fix it? i dont know and i really dont have the money to pay to get it fixed.
Please help
Thanks.

Syliss
2007-07-22, 01:44
Does anyone if there is a way to have nokia fix it for free since the warranty is up?
Thanks

Milhouse
2007-07-22, 01:49
Tell them it's a well known design fault.

I didn't think a company could hide behind the standard "out of warranty" excuse when faced with a serious design defect.

Also, when did you buy it - most warranties are good for a year (certaintly in the UK, possibly in the US) and the WSOD usually happens quite early in the lifetime of the device.

Syliss
2007-07-22, 04:53
I got it used and the guy said it was at least a year old, and i dont have the receipt so i think im kinda screwed.

bac522
2007-07-23, 02:24
I got it used and the guy said it was at least a year old, and i dont have the receipt so i think im kinda screwed.

Unfortunately you might be :( and you could probably buy a new one for the same price to repair it.

Syliss
2007-07-24, 01:56
Well maybe i can sell it for parts?!

hackjackal
2007-08-01, 11:28
Hi,
I wonder if it's a hardware problem, or if the flash got corrupted... I have a couple of thoughts of things to look at after doing the usual -take the battery out and put it back in- thing:
1) Does a desktop PC recognize the flash memory card when you connect to the 770 via USB?
2) When you try the key sequence to put it into "update the firmware by USB" mode, can you reflash with the latest 2006 firmware by running the Nokia update utility on your PC? I forget what I had to do to get it in that mode, but the Nokia documentation or a lot of the nice folks on this board can tell you.

Anyway, just a couple of things to investigate. I sure hope things work out for you. I run on a *really* tight budget, and I get a knot in my stomach whenever I read about a fellow 770 owner having a defunct unit.