PDA

View Full Version : Lost videos, photos and music came with Nokia N9

bellskar
2011-10-22, 17:20
Hello everyone...

It's my first post on this forum.. I actually have cleared by Nokia N9 due to some reason but before clearing the device I forgot to take backup of the stock content came inside the device.

Videos, songs and photos.... all gone...

I need them.... I'll be really grateful to anyone here with N9 if you could please upload them somewhere so that I could download...

Or any other way if you could tell "how to get these videos, music and photos" will be appreciated... like flashing with the original firmware files?

Thank you

m4r0v3r
2011-10-22, 17:33
can't you just reflash to pr 1.1?

bellskar
2011-10-22, 17:55
thank you @m4r0v3r

PR1.1 is not out yet for N9.. current is PR1.0..

And I have done flashing a lot of times with Symbian phones... never did on these linux devices.

Plus where could I find the firmware files for N9?

I thought Navifirm was legit for Symbian devices only.. But N9 is also listed in Navifirm and letting me download the PR1.0 firmware files from Nokia Care Suite repository... that's around 1.2GB in full to download...

But I am not sure if Nokia Care Suite will refurbish N9 just like it does with Symbian devices....

I thought if I could get the content only (videos etc.), that would be feasible and I could avoid such hassle of flashing.

Mentalist Traceur
2011-10-22, 18:35
Have testdisk and photorec or similar command-line tools been ported to the N9 yet? I don't personally know how to use them but 'photorec' is supposed to be able to recognize 'deleted' data in a storage medium, so long as no other data has gotten written over that same spot before, and common file formats like those used in music/videos/photos should be supported by photorec. So I'd say check if something like photorec is available on the N9, and if so, that might work for recovering at least some of the lost media.

Creamy Goodness
2011-10-22, 18:40
you could probably put the n9 into mass storage mode and connect it to any computer and use those tools.
actually I KNOW that will work.

bellskar
2011-10-24, 10:11
Thanks guys! just running PhotoRec as suggested above.... see if it could recover anything....

I normally believe these command line tools more than a GUI based softwares doing nothing backstage...

Will update here about the results.

Thanks..

bellskar
2011-11-10, 11:32
Thanks guys.. I've download all from the following :)

http://techprolonged.com/index.php/2011/10/28/nokia-n9-original-sample-media-content-pictures-music-videos-wallpapers-download/