PDA

View Full Version : N9 event sounds

niche
2011-10-28, 20:26
I like sounds. And I always liked the stock audio design of my aging N900, but i'm also curious what the current N9 contains. Nokia has always been paying attention to the audible details of their products, just think about the eternally popular Nokia Tune in its various iterations. Call it a strange interest of mine, but i really like these tiny details and the emotions they evoke.

Of course in the end they are just stupid bleeps, but often these bleeps tell more than the device itself, not only about the visions and intentions of their creators but also how they perceived and at the same time intend to shape the zeitgeist. Or stuff.

I just thought if the N9 sounds like it looks like, there must be some good stuff in it.

Could a kind N9 owner please take the effort and share a .zip- pack of the N9 audiofiles, like ringtones and event notifications? That would be great. :)

noetus
2011-11-02, 14:36
What would be the easy way to gather all of these?

I have both an N900 and N9. I prefer the sounds of the N900, except for the default ringtone, which is pretty groovy on the N9. Also the N9's notifications are too quiet (documented issue, fix unlikely as it's a hardware issue - apparently there are reverberations in the case when the notification volume is high).

jpfsn
2011-11-06, 23:41
Could a kind N9 owner please take the effort and share a .zip- pack of the N9 audiofiles, like ringtones and event notifications? That would be great. :)

I'm not great with zips, but I did download some nice ringtones/sms notifications from www.zedge.net . There's a mix of official and unofficial tones to be found.