PDA

View Full Version : N9 custom (MP3) Ringtones

chiron
2011-11-02, 18:34
So in all my other nokia phones it was pretty easy to choose any song and make it your default ringtone or make specify it to a certain contact so that way every single person calls you the ringtone was different.

I am trying to do the same with my N9 but I don't see all of my music. I only see maybe 20 songs out of 500 and I have no idea how to change that.

Any help would be appreciated!

sunc
2011-11-02, 21:38
Try using the search entry at the top. Also if you just uploaded a big bunch of files to the N9, it will take a while for them to be recognized.

jonnyl
2011-11-03, 01:15
Try using the search entry at the top. Also if you just uploaded a big bunch of files to the N9, it will take a while for them to be recognized.This.

After I uploaded my Playlists I wanted to customize some of my contacts' ring tone and my music wasn't coming through. I just waited awhile and it eventually showed up.

I do think there could be a better implementation, maybe even through the music player. Like how from the Gallery you can set images as your background/wallper

chiron
2011-11-03, 03:10
This.

After I uploaded my Playlists I wanted to customize some of my contacts' ring tone and my music wasn't coming through. I just waited awhile and it eventually showed up.

I do think there could be a better implementation, maybe even through the music player. Like how from the Gallery you can set images as your background/wallper

How long did you guys wait for? I uploaded about 500 songs and still only some are showing up.

Yeshua
2012-01-14, 15:51
Just opening Music player does the trick for me. It starts looking for new tracks automatically. Try rebooting if this doesn't work.

As for assigning a custom ringtone to each contact, take a look at this thread (http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=79822).