PDA

View Full Version : New Xbox Wireless Bluetooth Headset.

Pyro1099
2011-11-06, 10:54
Is is possible to connect the headset to my phone. Under "Bluetooth" in "Settings" the pairing devices area can't find it.

Pyro1099
2011-11-06, 15:44
Just bumping this tread.

pawelstryju
2011-11-06, 16:09
no becuase xbox headset is not using bluetooth

Pyro1099
2011-11-06, 16:17
no becuase xbox headset is not using bluetooth

No because the new xbox headset does! I have it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-Wireless-Headset-Bluetooth-Xbox/dp/B005EQ1D0G/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_img_1

pawelstryju
2011-11-06, 16:30
I have two, it's using the same frequency but isn't using standard bluetooth profiles (Hands-free, headset profile) and it has implemented special circuit inside (black chip with 10 connections) which is responsible for communication with xbox wireless module (same pcb as power button and leds), it has the same frequency as xbox 360 controller ;) belive me i know what "is" xbox :D

edit, may this unoffical headset has additional button to pair devices, if not i don't think it is possible

Roth
2011-11-06, 18:20
I know the headset is a first-party brand accessory made specifically for the Xbox 360. I don't own this headset so I can't really test it myself, but from the looks of it, I think it's only made to connect the console, nothing else.

Try to see if you can connect it to your PC (through bluetooth) and use as a headset. If it works on PC, then it'll probably work on your smartphone too. Just follow the main procedure.

Video tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3_q2fB1II

[EDIT] I was looking at the old headset. As for the new one, I think it could be possible. Just be sure to put it in discovery mode when you're switching between different devices. When it comes to single button bluetooth headsets, it's difficult to unpair once it's already paired to a device. So take note of that and be careful.

// Roth

Pyro1099
2011-11-07, 14:34
I have the Headset working on my N900 now. Thanks anyways. I completely forgot to use the "Tiny" sync button hidden behind the ear piece.