PDA

View Full Version : Twitter feed

chrisp7
2011-11-07, 15:26
When you add a twitter account it gives you the option to show tweets in your contact list. However it seems tweets from everyone in my twitter feed are showing up - this just swaps the feed entirely. Is this broken or is there a trick to get it working properly? Anyone else got this problem?
Thanks
Chris

kjmackey
2011-11-07, 20:12
I don't include the Twitter feed on the notifications screen - because it just swamps the display.

fb, Reuters Top News & BBC News as rss feeds, plus some blogs going direct to the notifications seems manageable.

Twitter was a nice idea that doesn't work as a notification feed in practice.

slai
2011-11-07, 20:16
FB floods my feeds, twitter not so much. i guess im just not following enough people, cause... well im new to twitter :P .

So for me its aight!

kjmackey
2011-11-07, 21:22
FB floods my feeds, twitter not so much.

Ah - that just means I have no friends and am desperately following loads of people in the hope I'll find someone who'll like me :p

chrisp7
2011-11-07, 23:23
It would make sense to only show tweets from people in your contact list, also with facebook.. Why didnt they think of they facebook I know you can sync only your contacts so thats kind of covered but twitter certainly isnt.

toki
2011-11-08, 07:50
speaking of the twitter app...

yesterday my twitter app broke... i was using it fine, and then 30mins later i tried accessing it and it would ask me to sign in, enter username and password
i thought this was odd as in my 'Accounts' it was still there... i would still get twitter updates on the feed but i now cant access it via the twitter app

and now, when i open the twitter app, it will open but just keep 'refreshing' and give me nothing

iv resulted into downloading twimgo..

does anyone know how i can fix my twitter app? i cbb with more than one twitter app on the device

fezboy
2011-11-08, 08:06
is anyone else able to see trending topics from their twitter app? mine always comes up with an error message saying " Unable to load Trending Topic"