PDA

View Full Version : How do i get email notifications automatically? Problem?

colourblind
2011-11-08, 06:14
Hi guys,

I've just gotten the n9 and i have a few problems..

1. How do i get the n9 to sync my email and keep it up to date? It currently doesn't sync automatically, and i have to go to the mail application and click on sync manually to receive the new emails. Can't it be done automatically each time a new email arrives? I tried looking at the settings but couldnt find this option....

2. Do i have to enter the facebook application each time i want to update my status ?

3. Can the 'feeds' page be automatically updated too every 1-2 minutes or do i have to press 'refresh' each time to have updates?

Right now i'm debating on whether to return to my Windows Mango.. eventhough the n9 is beautiful, Mango definitely has a better IU and interface.. so much more convenient to do everything.

toki
2011-11-08, 07:44
1. Go to 'Accounts' and select ur email.. you can choose how often it syncs during the day

2. yes... =_=" lame i know... iv made a suggestion in the IdeasProject but no one likes it lol --> click me (http://www.ideasproject.com/ideas/13084)

3. im not exactly sure how often the feeds page refreshes itself, but there is no option to adjust the frequency at the moment. Note that it DOES refresh itself, but, you also have the option to manually refresh it if it hasnt done so recently

SamGan
2011-11-08, 07:46
To get push email you have to select "Always up to date" in the Schedule. The option will appear for gmail but not Yahoo mail or pop mail which I presume it doesn't support.

The other 2 questions I can't help.

jalyst
2011-11-08, 10:49
2) not sure if it improves things for your needs...
But I've heard that fMobi's way better than the built-in Facebook functionality.