PDA

View Full Version : Remote X apps and keyboard

Wooky
2005-12-21, 22:08
Well, I still do not have a N770 :( but I am seriously considering one. But I have some doubts concerning it's use as an X-terminal: someone said (Remote User??) that the virtual keyboard, and even the stylus do not work very well using remote X apps. What about a BT or USB keyboard? What about the performance, is it acceptable? Can I log in remotely in another X server using the N770? :confused: I don't think it supports more than one display does it?

Also, I am considering a Stowaway BT keyboard. The Fn problems happen only within Opera? Has someone tried it with MANAOS?

TIA,
Wooky

RealNitro
2005-12-22, 10:39
There are problems with the onscreen keyboard when using remote X apps. It just doesn't pop up the way it does with the usual apps. The stylus input works fine. I don't think any external keyboard will work either atm, but this could be solved by using a modified kernel (I think some people are working on that).

aflegg
2005-12-22, 11:55
An external USB keyboard should work, as should a Bluetooth keyboard using kbdd (http://maemo.org/pipermail/maemo-developers/2005-November/001963.html)
as both of these interface with the device at the kernel level.